What are some good Perching Weapons?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Roland2TowerCame, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Roland2TowerCame

Besides blowing up tanks, it's fun to get above the enemy to shoot down on them, from the rocks of Amerish, the cliffs of Indar, the spiky rocks of Esamir, geometry in bases etc.
    What do you use in such perching situations? Medium-Long range is not generally something at which LA's spec out for, I feel.
    I tried it out in VR and I really want to get the NS-11C, I love having my shots hit things at range; (or I just need to exercise better trigger control).
  2. Pat22

Pulsar C or faction equivalent
    Possibly a Slug shotgun
    Crossbow with 4x scope

Those are your long-range options as LA
  3. Deteno

I use a Pulsar C with a Compensator and Vertical Fore-grip with considerable success. I just use iron sights(I like them, what can I say?) and I forgo the high velocity ammo's extra recoil so it's still effective up close but I've managed to pick people off from a ways away. It's very adaptable, I can't do LONG long range obviously but within the confines of a base it's incredibly effective.
  4. Wobulator

As NC, I use the Gauss Compact Burst, and it works beautifully for me. You can kill people from 100 meters away easily. You can do fairly well in CQC because with the burst fire, it is essentially an automatic weapon. It takes a while to get used to, but I really like it.
  5. RenegadeHelios

Autoshotty + 4x + Slugs is an awesome perch weapon, from personal experience.
  6. Duban

Shotguns can't equip silencers, which basically negates any positional advantage you have. The best way to go on massive killing sprees with the LA is to find a nice spot where you can see common areas where enemies gather from behind/above, but where you're well covered from everywhere else. It's quite possible to stand in the middle of the enemy army slaughtering them by the dozens if you're careful. The second you show up on radar you're pretty much ******.

I like to stick to the T5 AMC for perch sniping. It's has excellent recoil, it's stealthy, and you shouldn't be shooting at targets you can't instakill anyways.
  7. Frosty The Pyro

there is something to be said for an underbarrel smoke launcher and a IRNV scope. Its for a closer pearch than the others, but its fun.
  8. Epic High Five

The Razor is the best "sit on a ledge and murder" carbine in the game, no doubt. That's how I play it and it's stupidly lethal. Better up close than people give it credit for too.
  9. Bankrotas

It's good up close cause it has stupidly small hipfire cof.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Why would you take the razor over the AC-X11?

ACX-11, HV ammo, 6x scope, suppressor, adv.forward grip, and put it in single shot mode.

T5-AMC for TR, or Pulsar C for VS.
  11. Epic High Five

Poor velocity, X11 is hurt much more by carbine damage falloff than other guns. Either one could work, but the Razor with it's 100% predictable recoil and insane bullet velocity is definitely the better ranged gun.

I've got both auraxed and I MUCH prefer to use the X11 with a silencer/HVA/laser in CQC-midrange where it absolutely flourishes. It's hurt more by dropoff overall, but benefits from the higher max damage enormously up close. If the fight is bigger than 12-24 I don't run a silencer though - odds are you're spotted by something anyway and the loss of damage range kills a gun's versatility.
  12. Bankrotas

Why would you put 6x scope on ACX? You are gimping yourself in every other situation so much, that Hunter QCX seems better option than what you use.
  13. Ceskaz

I love my ACX-11 with 3.4x. It's a powerfull carbine.
  14. LibertyRevolution

Um.. he wants a weapon to perch and shoot people with, he didn't say he wanted to be able to use it in another situation.
    Hunter QCX has really slow velocity of 150/ms, you can't use that to snipe people from a tree unless they were in shotgun slug range.

ACX-11 does 200 damage, with 0 first shot COF, so it goes where your crosshair is.
    If I wanted to plink people in the head from a tree, that is my go to for that.
  15. Akeita

TR : T5 AMC - Compen - Fore grip
    NC : Razor - Compen - Fore grip
    VS : Pulsar - Compen - Fore grip

I don't know why no one use the razor, it's awesome
  16. Pat22

That's why I said possibly.

Sometimes, though, you can pull off some perching streaks without a silencer.
  17. Epic High Five

Yeah, Razor is my go-to for longer range stuff. I use the X11 for everything else.

143 damage carbines are for the TR and ninnies who can't handle real powah
  18. cruczi

Pulsar with compensator and foregrip is excellent, I love how easy it is to use at range. I use the VMS 3.4x scope on it, it feels well calibrated for headshots. The only thing you need to get used to with this carbine is the first shot recoil multiplier.
  19. lilleAllan

T5 AMC or Razor.

Razor >>>>>>>>> AC-X11 for long range shooting.