What are people's certs per hour?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exostrike, Dec 29, 2012.

1. breezy808

Ok, I'll give you guys a tip. now this may not be available that often depending on which server you're on, so think about it. Goto an Amp station doesn't matter if you own it or not. Take a liberator or Reaver, or even a galaxy if its safe enough. And just either repair towers, or destroy them. Destroy generators if you can(With all my XP bonuses I get 700 total for capping them/destroying them) 6 generators including SCU) YEAAAH Buddy. Also it's less than a ONE dollar a day(50% boost, lasts 7 days, 5 dollars) this boost is the only thing worth giving SOE money for in my opinion. You can find more than a dollar in the crevices of your couch.
  2. breezy808

Damn man you need to find your M key and click it more often. But of course maybe if you enjoy the scenery enough you'll eventually get bored and play for real. I actually like the scenery too I'll goto abandon continents and just fly around in reaver and blow up towers for extra certs =P
  3. Xaturas

No double xp 15-20. That is 3-5k xp/hour.
    Yes this game is fricking lovely with 10fps fights.
  4. Izriul

On average at the moment - Meaning double XP weekend.

and no. I think I have 1 kill total from a lib.

As I said, it's grinding, so not very fun. When I have fun, it's FAR FAR less, but I feel compelled to do it while it's double XP, and in hindsight, probably not so great because I've started to play far less because...it's not as fun.
  5. bPostal

6. Unuson

Wait, are those towers the white markers around at the different mini-bases? I had no idea what those were...
    You can destroy them?
  7. KoSGunny

This guy pretty much nailed it. If I farm, I'll get 45,000 SPH easy. But it's boring and I can only keep it up for so long.

If I'm having fun, I'll get 7,000-25,000 SPH, usually right around 10K but it fluctuates.

This is not considering double XP and I have no boosts.

Farm if you're more concerned with certs at a given point in time than fun (usually when you're so close to a goal unlock), but otherwise just ignore the certs and have fun.
  8. breezy808

doesn't matter if it's fun or not my question was how are you doing it? that's insane to get that much an hour that's like twice what I get... I am sure many people are wondering what you do too. Grinding has many forms, sniping, killing towers, repairing, dropping ammo packs, or just being a really good killer, or lib gunning for example many many many many forms of "grinding" grinding is never just 1 thing
  9. Izriul

No, it really isn't!

Are you having fun?

Yes? - Then it doesn't matter
    No? - Why play?

Do you think you would have more fun getting more certs?

Yes? - Do you like doing mundane tasks
    No? - Stop worrying about it.

If you really want to get fast certs:

Specify into a role. As time progresses, you can have more roles due to more certs.
    A medic for example can make a TON of certs with the last tier applicator. Stand outside the crown, run around ressing people. Insane certs.
    Go to a bio-lab, sit on the hanger thing where the air takes off from, plant a turret facing the jumpy thing, stick some ammo down and repair max's.
    Tank-***** it. I've fully certed my magrider, BUT despite what people say, I get far more in my HE lightning. I wish I put them all into that. Grab up to level 4 repair applicator, jump in a tank, grind...grind...grind.

There's a ton of ways, some of the best ways don't involve killing. Consistency is the key. However, it's boring. I've unlocked most things to what I want, and feel I haven't much to work for. There's some things ofc, but I don't like the idea of spending 1000certs on 90 second faster spawn for magrider, I don't lose them that quick, and if I do, I'll grab a lightning.

I guess the fastest way is lib bombing, but, it's something I don't do, care to do, and have at least some self respect.
  10. breezy808

the towers I mean like the turret towers, like the ones when you attack a big base they got the defensive turrets mounted on the towers that any player can use, sorry I don't think I used the proper term the first time. With 2x XP 50% boost and 25% membership boost those towers give me 350 points minimum thats a little more than a kill
  11. Izriul

No, it's really not insane. I have a 50% boost, which you can buy for 500 SC (I was lucky and seemed to get x2 of them for 500 at the start, now I only get 1 though) but with the x3 SC offer, you should have plenty to spend. Without double XP that would be 100 an hour. Not so much now is it?

Anyway, I explained above, but grinding isn't fun. It sucks so much out of the game and it's hard to get back into having fun once you've started. Double XP was fine for a weekend like before, but now it's a bit...meh. Too much.
  12. Unuson

Oh, the anti-air things at bases. But those white markers, do they only act as indicators of what the base resource is?
  13. alecholman

80ish with double exp and no other exp benefits.
  14. Angelus359

I get 75 FPS with graphics settings at max. My computer isn't that expensive...

4gb of ram (25$), cheapy motherboard (60$), case (salvaged from old computer), powersupply (salvaged from old computer, otherwise 35$), hard drive 60$, cpu (i5 3570k) 205$, videocard (geforce 660) 220$... 550$ for a brand spanking new gaming computer that gets 75FPS
  15. Littleman

Double EXP is arguably the only thing keeping this game enjoyable for a lot of folks right now. People like advancing their characters in a timely manner without feeling like they're making a huge sacrifice to do so.

I make about 30-40 an hour without double exp at 160% gain. Yeah, I'm slow. That's what doing what needs to be done during a base assault amounts to. It's a good thing I paid for my guns.

No wonder everyone zergs and finds the killwhore methods, eh? Killing is the real breadwinner, not rezzing, ammo boxes, or repairing. A good killstreak > any other method, hence the zephyr, rocket pod, and HE cannon spam.
  16. breezy808

I guess you haven't heard a lot of optimization was ignored for this game so you may have the right components maybe not the best but still in the "ok" range. Some have even better computers than you but the optimization issue prevents it from showing. This is a beta game by the way there is no defending that this is still in beta.
    I feel as if you wrote that just to flaunt it or make yourself seem like you make good judgements or an attempt to show off that you have a good knowledge of computers
  17. f0d

i dont know about per hour but im trying to get 1000 certs a day with 50% membership/50% boost/double xp
  18. RedNoak

i absolutly concurr with breezy

i had a similar debate in an older thread about the too slow cert gain... then people commenced to through numbers at eachother... i get 100 c/h here, on a bad day i get 80+, 100+ c/h there... and guess what? i looked all those people up, every single one of em lied.

as breezy pointed it out, at some point it becomes physicly impossible to get certain amount of certs.

can u get more then 3 kills a minute? of course u can... just yesterday i blew up a sunderer and killed about 7 people in one sec
    BUT can u do that on an hourly base? of course not. three kills every minute would mean 180 kills an hour. and u need to do that on an average base! so EVERY ******* DAY.

u can lib all u want. sure if u are in a lib, in the right place at the right time and the enemy does a zerg, and is splitting up just know, and is bothered with some other stuff, and the AA defence is gone... yeah, then u can get ALOT kills... but does it happen everytime u set foot in a lib?

from what i seen till now, i would say 25 certs per hour is good average performance
    • Up x 1
  19. CoreDave

Unboosted i average about 25-30 certs per hour, but it can be more or less depending on what I feel like doing, server population, etc.

Basically its way to slow, I've been playing a lot more than I should and have bought a couple of 50% boosts which combined with the double xp periods has gotten me a fair way along. But if I will inevitably drop down to a more healthy 1-3 hours a week at which point the 50% boosts become much more expensive (because you can't get the benefit from a day one) so I doubt I'll both with them, So I'll be looking at between 75 and 90 odd certs a week...... Yeah I thats not going to be fun at all.

Oh yeah and remember that the meger passive certs stop after 25 hours so if you don't log in every day you won't be getting those either. The whole cert gain, character advanvement part of the game seems very poorly thought out and just seems designed around the idea people will play a lot everyday, which isn't sustainable.

To fix this the passive cert gain should keep working for at least a week without logging in, then you should automatically receive double or even triple xp for the first 2 hours of play each week. Bought boosts should be for a certain amount of time played, not real world time, thats a biggy to make them appealing to people who arn't going to be playing for hours and hours every day. Additional incentives and catch up mechanics could include repeated medal awards which grant a number of certs. For example capture 3 basses, defend 3 bases, destroy an enemy tank, etc. each of these would be repeatable each week and give say 50 or 100 certs each depending on difficulty.

All this would mean people who play a small amount arn't left so utterly behind by people who play a lot. It would make people feel like they are able to progress at a decent speed and would give a much greater incentive to log in regularly without feeling like you have to constantly grind.
  20. breezy808

Wish I could help you I don't know what these white markers are if you could be more specific I'd be willing to help if I can.