What alternate gameplay would you like on your solider class?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonheart, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Moonheart

I feel that Infiltrators have something that is unfair for them to have and not the other classes.

Please breathe: I'm not talking of sniper rifles, hacking or cloaking. Nor anything related to killing power.
    I'm talking about something related to fun.

What the infiltrator has, is a ability to choose a whole different class gameplay by changing its loadout:
    - it can be a sniper
    - it can be a hunter
    - it can be a stalker
    You need a terminal to switch between them when you are infiltrator, and thus cannot cumulate the advantage of the three at once.
    Also, you need different cert budget for each one, but you have the choice among those three, each with a different gameplay, specific advantages and objectives during battles.
    When an infiltrator plays sniper, he gets in places, choose targets, have specific threats, that are completly different of a stalker. The two just can be even compared, that's like if they were 2 different classes with just a few common features.

So, I was wondering and would like to other class players: if SOE agreed to give you as an alternative gameplay on your class, with specific handling, advantages and disavantage that are really different from what you currently got, what would you like?

I've played LA a bit, and what immediatly pops in my mind for them would be "horizontal thrust packs": using them instead of the other 2 JJ would make the LA unable to climb on heights without proper stairs/lifts, but instead allow them to do quick bursts of running speed to close gaps/jump farther/outmanoeuver opponents.

For engineers, I already wondered if letting the class choose between their repair tool and an enhanced control interface increasing the efficiency of turrets they control would not bring an interesting alternative too...

I'd like to read other's ideas on it :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Klypto

Equip Pistol in Primary weapon slot and Medtool Slot.

Also replace grenades with a pistol.
    • Up x 1
  3. Moonheart

I was talking about class-specific options.
  4. FateJH

The only limitation I really see is that an Infiltrator with Stalker Cloak can't use Rifles. A non-Stalker Cloak Infiltrator would admittedly have trouble planting himself in a spot in some room and sitting there for extended periods of time, but I view that as a nitpicking detail.
  5. Rovertoo

Oh yes. I would love a strafe pack or something, gives a short burst of movement in whichever direction the movement key is being held down (short jump with spacebar?). This would trade LA's flanking powers for a great 1v1 juking ability, completely altering it's playstyle while still being LA. That would be so amazing!

On that note, we also need a tool, or a set of tools. Personally, since LA is the mobile brother of the HA, I think LA should get a set of weak grenade launchers, with AA, AI, and AV variants. The Rocklet rifle Higby mentioned would be great for this, the AA/AI/AV versions could simply be different ammo types like he wanted, all with drawbacks like the Crossbow bolt types. And if anyone thinks it may be too powerful, I'd be fine with any nerfs to it, since literally anything would be better than nothing.

I'd also like to see a stim pack utility (not necessarily LA specific), that would increase running speed, reload speed, draw speed, etc. for such-and-such a time. This would synergize very well with LA, and actually be an alternative to C4, since it increases combat effectiveness.

Engineer could also use an AA turret, and Infiltrator could get that Anti-Material rifle Higby mentioned. This would really round out all the classes options, allowing them to target whatever they like while still having their class play style, just like vehicles.
  6. z1967

4 pistols. What are you going to do with 4 pistols?
  7. Metallic123

shoot pumpkins of course
    • Up x 2
  8. WarmasterRaptor

They won't be too big man, don't worry!

[IMG]
  9. z1967

Derringers
    Adorable, concealable, and deadly. Not very accurate though :p
    • Up x 1
  10. WarmasterRaptor

As much as our randomly bouncing grenades :p
  11. Ixidron

Just imagine the medic with the underboss, the commissioner, the magscatter and the crossbow, that would be total overkill.