What AI MAX for TR?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by krokolop, Sep 21, 2014.

1. krokolop

2. _itg

Dual Mercies because they're got the best range, or dual Pounders because they're cheap, anti-everything, and arguably a bit OP.
  3. MaxDamage

Walk into a room of enemies with pounders, and die.
    Either to small arms or explosives.

Walk into a room with Onlaughts, and you can help a man feed his family for generations.

Mercys are the best all-purpose AI if you can aim.
    Onslaughts will rack you up more kills, but because of the close range needed - your reaction time is a greater factor than aim.
    Either of which can be happily paired with a Mutilator, ensuring you are almost never caught unable to fire during a reload - or out of ammo.
  4. krokolop

WHAT ABILLITY AND SUIT SHALL I USE?? Sorry for CapsLk.
  5. MaxDamage

If you want to be a dedicated MAX, then all of them.
    To begin with, Charge and Flak - as they will allow you to live long enough to do more damage until you're ready to experiment with other stuff.
    If you KNOW there will be an encounter with AI spamming MAX units, then wear Kinetic.
  6. CorporalClegg

A second pounder isn't that expensive and dual pounders are pretty damn powerful. Trial it and see if you like dual pounders.
  7. DrBash00

100% True!

Kinetic Armor
    Stay with charge

Additive questions about MAX:
  8. Shadoiex

Mercy and the mutilator. Just keep shootin ;)
  9. krokolop

I think Flak Armor is more useful.
  10. MAXArmar

My current causes-of-death-statistics seem to agree with you (1. C4 x 23, 2. Anti-vehicle grenade x 9, 3. NS Decimator x 4).
  11. DirArtillerySupport

No other weapon in this game has climbed as quickly in my weapons profile for kills as dual Onslaughts. I hardly use them outside of what you just described so they aren't used very much.

Run into a packed small room...walk out alone.

The rest of the time Mercys...cuz Planetside is sooooo big.
  12. bubbacon

Dual Muts...because when the enemy is reloading, I'm still wrecking face.
  13. MaxDamage

Defer to mein superior judgement.
    [IMG]
  14. cruczi

I've played TR max a bit with dual mutilators and dual mercies, I actually like Mutilators more. Even without ext. mags, they're more spammable and as such work better against groups and as deterrents/suppression, and the range is fine for indoors encounters which is where AI maxes shine.
  15. Hot Pockets

how does one view cause of death statistics?
  16. MAXArmar

Go to the official planetside 2 stats page -> Killboard -> Timeline -> (Filter by): deaths -> It's the lowest graph on the right.
  17. Reccettear

dude... do something out of your life. get laid, build a house or something, ...... xD sry, this made my day :D
  18. MaxDamage

MAX punch is fun, I already had 630 from standard MAX play before the directives were introduced. Combining charge and MAX punch for a successful finisher just feels beautiful man.

The worst part was easily the 300 MAX kills.

I also completed Burster and Pounder Auraxiums within the past month as I was lead to believe there would be MAX Weapon Directives.
  19. MAXArmar

New MAX goodies? NEVER!
  20. Cyrek

Onslaughts, just because Mercys exist it still doesn't mean you can't hit infantry 50m away. They fire faster, provide better suppression, and the best but not least provide more dakka. There is not reliable use for mercys when pounders exist.