What AI for MAX TR?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by krokolop, Apr 9, 2015.

1. krokolop

Did they change after the update exept the look?
  2. MaDiv

Only the models got a refresh. The stats are the same as before.
  3. MaDiv

Only the models got a refresh. The stats are the same as before.
  4. CMDante

Guess I'll just bump this instead of starting my own thread.

What are the best AI for TR MAX? I have Mercies but they kinda... suck.
  5. Nagant

Lockdown dual Pounders with an eternal ammo pack under your feet.
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

Mutilators have the most ammo, Onslaught have the highest fire rate and Mercies are the most accurate over a certain range. The Heavy Cycler, pen and paper statistics wise, is worse than the Mutilator so I end up forgetting it exists.

Since both the Mercy and the Onslaught use the 125 damage profile and whenever I use MAX I use it in CQC anyway, I find I much prefer something with a little more kick and a lot more ammo so I end up going with dual Mutilators.

There are people out there who mix and match the weapons, such as having one Mutilator due to its 100 mag size (150 with ex. mags) and having say, a Mercy on the other. Having a weapon that can be used for range and another that can compensate for the others' lower damage profile and mag size can be of great use.

Dual Pounders as Nagant has mentioned, are also pretty decent against infantry too. Despite them being designed for AV purposes, if you keep making your shots land direct hits, they can be just as good as chainguns. Better if you use them against other MAX. Their only downside is their mag size of 4 per arm, so when you're shooting up infantry you'll want to make your shots count.

Overall it depends on what you feel you'd prefer for your play style. Don't be afraid to mix and match if you feel using 2 of the same thing don't suit. :)
  7. Drag0

I like dual mutilators - but really they are all good.