What about the Terminus then?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Eternaloptimist, May 9, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

For some reason I am disappointed with VS ARs compared to my TORQ 9 and Carnage. In fact I've reverted to the default Pulsar on my VS avatars.

I like a combination of higher RoF and accuracy / stopping power at more than jsut CQC range, which somehow doesn't seem to work all that well for the HV45 I have been using.

Looking at the stats, the Terminus seems closest to what I want but I thought I'd drop a quick question here to see if anyone uses it and would share their their thoughts before I go to all the trouble and inconvenience of a session in VR training, a trial (hoping there is a decent fight somewhere in the following 30 minutes - bit hard to find on EU servers atm) or chucking certs at it.

Thanks in advance.
  2. BrbImAFK

This is probably an unpopular opinion but.... having auraxed 6 AR's (NS-11A, NS-11AP, CME, H-V45, Pulsar VS1 and Terminus) and completed the Darkstar unlock, the Terminus is my least favourite so far (although the Corvus I'm working on now is likely to take it's place! :p ). I just, for the life of me, couldn't make that gun perform. No matter what the situation, I always felt like I'd be better off with some other gun.

But that's purely a peronsal opinion. Take it for whatever it's worth.
  3. DarkStarII

For me the Terminus feels a lot like the T1 Cycler with 10 less rounds in the magazine but better recoil. The recoil feels better anyway, could be worse for all I know.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Thanks both. I know the Cycler quite well so as a comparison that is particularly helpful.
  5. pnkdth

Some VS medics also swear by the CME. Despite it being compared to the NS11 a lot, it does have a higher DPS and feels more accurate over distance. Test it out in VR with full attachments and you can pretty much place most shots right on top of each other.

For fun derpy times you can even go ultra tryhard TactiCool setup with a 6x scope and actually hit things. :D
    • Up x 2
  6. Dualice

This is also true in my experiences.

The Terminus has just a touch faster RoF than the T1 and, if memory serves, is a little more stable when firing.

I actually enjoyed using it more than the T1, felt I performed better with it. Not many VS ARs I can say that about :)

Which Vanu AR would you say you liked most/performed best with? :)