What about Oshur?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Leidz, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Leidz

During stream, dev's don't show us Oshur or talked about it! (Or i have missed something)

What about our beloved Oshur?
    dev state?
    It is finished?

Please? :-(
  2. ican'taim

I was about to post something like this
    • Up x 1
  3. Blam320

The PS2 team likely needed to drastically change priorities when management decided to mess things up with the launch (and even development of) PSA.
  4. YellowJacketXV

You know what I think?
    It's being held on til PS3.
  5. Demigan

How could adding a new continent be any good?

It spreads the preferences of the playerbase, so we would see more exodus's when an unwanted (but right now tolerated) continent comes on.
    The concept of Oshur as an aircraft-centered continent (if they still are going for that) means it's almost guaranteed to fail. Aircraft have been and unbalanced mess since the start.
    You can add 100 new continents and have a procedural continent generator alongside them but this does not solve the lack of goals outside of bases to make all the wasted space valuable, the pacing of the game, lack of variety in capture mechanics (king-of-the-hill at every single base? Come on!), lack of secondary objectives to complete, lack of good spawnrooms etc. that plague the game.

Fixing such things is far more important, and adding a new continent will not make the game any better until those problems are fixed. Why on earth would you build a new continent with the same core gameplay problems as the existing one's (and a few extra)?
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarAnubis

One additional continent with the current population level would mean to see Hossin less frequently :)
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

I'm actually wondering if it was already developed and was used for PS:A. The way the art looks and the style of the terrain in comparison to what Wrel showed some time back looks like it. This is just a personal theory though.
  8. Pikachu

A continent announced to arrive at the end of the year but then it seems to have been forgotten... reminds me of when Higby hinted at battle islands back in 2014. "We're gonna release 3 more continents this year."
  9. DarkStarAnubis

According to latest Twitter of Wrel Oshur is canned.
  10. Pikachu