what about a remaster for PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by breeje, Oct 1, 2016.

1. breeje

why not, i see other big games making a remaster just to bring in some new cash for the same game
    for PS2 it would mean new advertisement and new players
    i say remaster this game and bring it back in the spotlights

it does not need to be a big remaster, some color and sound changes
    a little restyling, bigger explosions and boom, you have a new game
    Planetside 2.2 remastered, with a new game experience

if big A games studios can do this then DBG can do the same thing
    some great cinematic as advertisement, some good marketing and this game is back in his full glory
    = new cash money for DBG and more players for us
    = everybody happy
  2. Ryme_Intrinseca

A remaster is something you do to an old game that hasn't had any work done on it for years.

Planetside has been regularly updated since launch, so effectively you are already playing the 'remaster'.
    • Up x 2
  3. breeje

i don't see the problem on remastering a old free to play game that's still being played
    it's just a cheap way to bring some attention to this game
  4. CaptCran

Just put a clock in it. Just like everything else you want to make look new and improved.
  5. Ryme_Intrinseca

As I say, it's impossible to remaster a game that is regularly updated.
  6. Pikachu

What color change? :confused: We can't talk about sound changes when they haven't got enough sounds yet. Several guns are still using the same firing sounds. Bigger explosions, so things look stupid?
  7. ReptilePete

Should change all the colours to black, and make all the explosions look like nuclear explosions.
  8. breeje

i guess you never seen a remastered game or even know what a remastered game is
    yes and pink C4 fairies with a tutu flying around
  9. FateJH

You aren't filling the thread with a wealth of referential material so I do not know what you would be expecting out of us.
  10. Pikachu

Correctus. The only remastered game I have herad of is the upcoming remastered Duke Nukem 3D and it looks like lazy crap. It's like they just added a few colored lights here and there that look out of place with the rest of the graphics.
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

Likewise, while I might suggest the System Shock 2 mods Rebirth and Shock Texture Upgrade as potential "remaster" candidates, they are just mods. A "Remaster" would have to be official and would probably have to be more than just fixing those bugs the last patch missed.
  12. breeje

call of duty 4 is being remaster as we speak, same thing for bulletstorm
    this is why i had the idea for PS2
    but you're wright, some remasters are totally crap, but if done wright it can be a new experience
    and the games get media attention
  13. Armcross

Wait Planetside 3 at 2022