We've gotten new ES sniper rifles, assault rifles, and carbines. Can we get a few new LMGs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hawken is better, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Takoita

I'd say the current LMG selection needs to get looked at before anything new is added. Neither Rhino (not good with 3.4x scope and doesn't have 2x one), Bull (good reload speed but not much else) or CARV-S (too inaccurate) are worth a loadout slot as they currently are, IMHO, and Battle Rfiles need a buff for their recoil and/or damage per shot.
  2. Rentago

I'm getting tired of all this EMPIRE SPECIFIC WEAPONRY that people seem to be ignoring that already exists.

NS are the only common pool weapons here, that means every single gun, yes, those 10 LMGs, those 20 sniper rifles, those are all empire specific.

In planetside 1, there was the Pulsar for VS, Cycler for TR, and Gauss Rifle for NC as a medium class rifle, and then you had the common pool assault rifle.

What we don't have is common pool weapons, we have a **** ton of ES weapons, the issue is the fact they do nothing unique, they are all copy paste guns with recycled models and functions, only two guns can use underbarrel attachments of like 30 ES weapons, what they gotta do is go back and repurpose all that cluttered garbage they put in. Why does ONE GUN have ONE fire mode and another doesn't

**** a lot of this can be compressed into one rifle that can fire single shot, burst, or full auto, that has underbarrel attachment options.

Why do we need 6 guns, one that can only burst fire, one that gets underbarrel attachments but is full auto, and another that can freely switch between all firing modes.

WHAT IS THIS? LIKE WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT?

They could delete more than half the guns in this game as a huge amount of them are literally pointless ES weapons and replace them with meaningful common pool weapons.

[IMG]

THESE ARE ALL ES WEAPONS ALL WE HAVE ARE ES WEAPONS, you know what they are adding? More of this.

[IMG]

ALL THESE GUNS ARE ES WEAPONS TOO! I DONT SEE THE TR BEING ABLE TO ACCESS THESE GUNS OR THE NC.

They really really need to just refurbish all these guns, they can combine a lot of them into just one gun. Why can one gun use a 2X zoom while another one can't for christ's sake?
    • Up x 2
  3. Torok

New ES weapons are pistols, we all know that.
    and HA already has ES weapons, did you forget?
  4. Vikarius

Except for the fact VS get the short end of the stick on Faction traits, and we don't even get that trait applied to these so called "ES" sniper rifles.
  5. doombro

I would definitely buy a new close range oriented LMG. I've currently auraxiumed them all, so I'm stuck with the T16, TMG, or the CARV-S, none of which are particularly good in close quarters.
  6. OddChelsea

The idea is interesting, the description is not. Don't forget that the NC doesn't drunkenly design anything, we are essentially supplied by various military grade arms corporations with high tech and experimental gear or we salvage it. Also the Blackjack is a TR pump action so the name would need to be changed. I like the concept though.
  7. vilehydra

Was trying to keep the jack in the name, and the only alternative I could think of is the flapjack which doesn't sound to threatening :p