We've gotten new ES sniper rifles, assault rifles, and carbines. Can we get a few new LMGs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hawken is better, Jun 4, 2014.

1. GRiMtox

How about we give TR and VS the Gauß SAW and the NC get... they have the best already, nevermind...
  2. HadesR

Since everyone got a JHlite with the Baron maybe we all could get a MCGlite LMG ...
    • Up x 2
  3. Rogueghost

Considering how bad the baron is compared to the jackhammer, I would hate to see a "MCGlite".
  4. HadesR

Maybe a tad worse than a LasherLite would be ... But since nothing is sacred why not ;) .. Faction identity ? What's that ?
  5. Rogueghost

I sometimes feel that if I didn't have a Terran Republic logo as my desktop backround, I'll forget who I'm playing as.
    • Up x 2
  6. Vikarius

Typical from an NC player, the only faction with real *identity*.

I'll tell you what, You can have no bullet drop and we will get 200 damage weapons and the same (auto headshot) recoil patterns as you.
  7. Dasubur

Oh man you have no idea what your asking for you poor soul.

The NC has that as their starting LMG.

Imagine an LMG that is:

-Slower than the god damn auto shotguns

-Will never shoot accurate at ANY time

-and has just the right amount of ammo to never finish someone off if they don't out DPS you first.

There is a reason nearly all my classes use auto shotguns. The NC's Starting automatics are complete garbage.
  8. Ripshaft

New lmgs were added in game update 1, along with new assault rifles; so they're due, but keep in mind they allready have had one release - cant remember if carbines got more than one wave or not, but nothing has had more than 2 waves of releases yet... so... wait for it lol
  9. Dasubur

AMEN to that.

I once actually sprinted to join a friendly squad charging a base.

only to realize halfway there that my team mates were wearing more black and red paint jobs then normal.
  10. Verenz

I don't think it's a good idea.

NC are missing 2 things - a High DPS lmg and a 0.75 lmg.

I don't want the high dps one because that is for TR.

I don't want the 0.75 because that's vanu.

If anything maybe tweak the rhino into a 125 damage/800rpm gun?
    • Up x 2
  11. Liberty

Give the NC a 750 @ 143 dmg LMG, give the TR a 600 @ 167 LMG with 100 round mag , give the VS a high capacity suppression LMG e.g. 200 rounds with extended mags (similar to the Carv-S with extended mags or the EM-6). That is pretty much what is missing from the LMG lineups for each faction.
    • Up x 2
  12. JibbaJabba

Why does everyone think the SAW is all that? The thing kicks like a bronco. I use the Saw S for burst fire with HV ammo in one of my ranged loadouts but much prefer say EM6, Carv, Orion at medium to short ranges.

If they give new LMGs I hope they are nanite so we don't have whinefest 2014 in here.
  13. Erendil

VS already have the Polaris. 143/100 rounds, 200 w/ ext mag option. And we have the Lasher, the King of high capacity suppression so we don't really need an LMG for suppression. :D

What the VS need is a 167/577RPM LMG with a .175/.175 horizontal recoil (e.g. - TMG-50/SAW S) so we can get a truly effective long range LMG. The Ursa is close but doesn't quite cut it. It's almost as accurate but its ROF is too low.

Either that or an LMG that has a non-sucky moving ADS CoF (.35 - TR/NC each have 2 of them. All the VS LMGs are .4).

Or how about an LMG w/ access to the Adv Foregrip?
    • Up x 2
  14. Makora

Lets make sure all the current LMG's work properly first. The more weapons you put into a pool, the more difficult it becomes to balance them all and keep them interesting.
    • Up x 3
  15. Epic High Five

This is correct

The NC do not have a high mobility or high dps LMG

Nor SHOULD they get one or even need one

Our new LMG should be a 200 damage one but more of an AR-style. Think, 50 round Reaper but with worse hipfire and more kick w/ a lower FSRM

Vanu will probably get an attachment rich 167/577 that will become the de facto standard weapon for the VS HA and the TR will probably get a 125/857 gun with crazy ridiculous accuracy. Basically, a 75 round TORQ

I'm not sure what gun you're referencing but the NC starters are all incredible guns
    • Up x 2
  16. Liberty

Polaris doesn't have extended mags sadly, it is the Ursa, Flare and Lasher for LMG's that get access. But you are right in that we really don't need a suppression LMG with the lasher. (Forgot about that!)

What I'd really love to have on my VS is a 600 RPM - 167 dmg LMG, but I was trying to think of something different than I suggested for the TR. I guess the VS could get that and the TR could get a 125 damage tier LMG with higher ROF.

I'm sort of "meh" about long ranged LMG's, what we have no seems passable and really ranged fights at 50 to 100 M are pretty rare. You are generally better off bringing a versatile weapon and just using short bursts until you get up close. Or if you plan on staying at range, just grabbing a battle rifle.
    • Up x 1
  17. vilehydra

Just a few ideas for variety.

TR: The Ox-10 has integrated dynamic barrel stabilizers that help correct the firing solution in when in sustained fire. Essentially reversing the CoF, starts large (especially when recovering from running) but reduces as the user holds the trigger down, has a bit of a wind down time as well so the user can burst effectively.

VS: The VX1-Scorpius uses an additional heat capacitor to store waste heat from plasma bolts and after a couple of rounds the heat capacitor is discharged, creating an even deadlier plasma bolt which does increased damage for that shot. Essentially it acts as a normal LMG except for the fact that after so many shots (maybe 5 or 6) it will release a higher damage shot. (possibly make it so the shot can do light damage to armor, talking x-bow type damage). A player can fire his weapon to get this shot into chamber, but if it is held to long without firing it either dissipates or forces a reload.

NC: The NC-8 Blackjack was a drunken attempt at making an automatic railjack. It was surprisingly successful due to its versatility. However it has a reduced bullet velocity and damage falloff if the clip is full. As the clip is depleted the bullet velocity and falloff will increase far beyond that of other LMG's.

Anyways here are some ideas for LMG's that have new and exciting roles and blah blah blah.
  18. FishMcCool

This. We're defined as much by what we're missing as by what we have access to. NS weapons already address too much of the missing niches imho.
  19. Latrodectus

^ This guy right here.

There are already too many guns in this game as it is right now. So many of these weapons go unused because there are only so many niches to fill. Please God no more guns, no more rocket launchers. There has got to be another way for this game to make money other than trying to shoehorn in weapons (looking at you ESF Locust noseguns).
  20. Leftconsin

Lots of guns in this game are just slight variations on each other. OH! This LMG is statistically better between 23m and 35m! This LMG is better between 12.5m and 23m! Oh no! That gun is garbage, its TTK is .03s longer. Stuff like that.

We need stuff that is actually different.