Wer dat PhysX at?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zombekas, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Zombekas

Picked up a beefy PC upgrade, this time with a Nvidia gpu, and then noticed that the opion to enable PhysX is disabled, how come? It was in the game before, how come it's removed? Would be really nice to get it back, not many games utilize the potential of PhysX.

Say what you want but that looks amazing!
  2. gigastar

In all seriousness, i dont think anyone would play PS2 with PhysX enabled anyway.
  3. Maelthra

I would :cool:
    • Up x 7
  4. Zombekas

Well I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't plan on using it, would I? :eek:

Hossin's god-rays and the overall atmosphere, especially with added upcoming weather effects can in some places rival CryEngine3, and PhysX would not only add to the immersion but also add some of that extra graphical bling-bling that attracts many new players!
    • Up x 1
  5. squarebug

this was recently removed I didn't see anything about it
  6. Zombekas

I just discovered that the PlayStation4 uses AMD's Radeon GCN GPUs.
    Getting ready for the PS4 launch and dumping on PC players, I assume?
    • Up x 2
  7. Phyr

Last time it worked it had major crashing issues, and it appears they haven't done anything with it since.

I bet H1Z1 will have good physx :(
  8. Champagon

It was disabled due to being buggy awhile ago. It will come back eventually
  9. FateJH

PhysX is in the game. It causes your tanks to flip and your sticky grenades to bounce off the target.
    • Up x 1
  10. Phyr

That's physics.
    • Up x 1
  11. FateJH

Which are also handled by PhysX. It's also a physics engine.
    • Up x 1
  12. Phyr

Shhhhhh, let the nerdy moment happen.
    • Up x 1
  13. Taemien

I would if I were SOE. Too many people with subpar PCs that complain about performance. And not on just PS2, but their other PC MMO's as well. Those same people pay less than 400 bucks for a laptop to play MMOs on, but will shell out over 500 for a console.

What do you think SOE is going to do? What would you do knowing that fact and having the choice of coding for dozens of different configurations, or just one configuration? As I said, if I were SOE, I'd take a massive dump on PC players, shut down PS2 for PC, and swap everyones characters to PS4 and be rid of the PC version altogether.

Personally I'd hope that never happens, but if I had to deal with PC BS, that's how I'd handle it.
  14. MasterDk78

i love star Citizen view of Things "we have not forgotten you pc-players" we will not give into restricted outdated consoles. we love the power of pc and will devote 100% into it. sorry for my English, seems its not getting better ;)
  15. AdmiralArcher

ermm........no?

the guy even said it in the video

its a GPU acceleration software, not CPU physics

the tank flipping was a bug that happened due to the accidental handleing of physics by physX i believe, it had to do with the explosion animation
  16. AdmiralArcher

id just make sure physX works and then make it entirely optional....like it is

i have a low end laptop because its all i can really afford right now....but it does have 12 GB of aftermarket RAM and it is an i5, so i can still play the game fairly well on medium graphics
  17. Afeltman

Yes, they would, myself included.
  18. Udnknome

I would... and did until they disabled it.

Actually made it easier to spot targets, not only did it flash when you shot, but sparks flew from the gun. I'd say this is one of the reasons it's disabled, but apparently people aren't being banned for deleting Hossin Fog, so that can't be it. (there are videos all over the place)
    • Up x 1
  19. squarebug

• Up x 1
  20. LodeTria

Don't PhysX jut get bumped into the CPU if you don't have an NVIDIA card?