Went to Best Buy to buy some 2x SC cards

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RHINO_Mk.II, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Apples

Odds are it's bestbuy aka worstbuy going to SOE to strike a deal to get people in the stores.
  2. Madmojo

I searched their stock online with the power of the Internet and saved wasted trips.
  3. TeknoBug

Where I live, Best Buy doesn't even carry those kinds of cards- just WoW and SWTOR sub time cards. I'd have to go to EBGames for those and they're usually slim on stock.
  4. DuckSauce

Stopped at Best Buy on my grocery trip -- nada. GG SOE.
  5. travbrad

Not having a Best Buy near you does have its advantages though :p
  6. Swoo

I went to all the Best Buy's in my area and all the employee's said they haven't even seen those cards in about a years time. I went home, checked online, and saw they reported the stores should have had them in stock. The next day I called each BB and asked to talk to a manager. I explained the situation and they were all super-nice and went and checked SKU data, and actually rooted around the back of the store for the cards. None of them had a single card, and even the managers said they can't even remember the last time they carried them in the store. One manager was very helpful though and said she thought this was most likely an attempt to get word of mouth spread through the stores so that BB would order and carry SOE cards to meet the sudden demand for them.

I feel rather played by this whole 'deal'.
  7. Amheh

At the best buy I went to they were sold out, but I could purchase virtual codes from them, and they were printed onto the receipt.
  8. Ash87

Dude, welcome to every time there is a x2 SC sale in my town.

Last time there was a sale, both gamestops, both walmarts, and Best buy were all 3 out of SC cards.
  9. ItsJustDash

I did not know you could do that =|

The employee knew what Planetside was and asked me what kind of PC I had.

Pretty much the only cards they had were Steam cards, Blizzard cards, some facebook, Runescape!?!?!?!, and the console cards.
  10. Haterade

I would try it, but I love myself too much.