Welp.. Skyguards are useless now...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rhapsody, Mar 26, 2014.

1. KiRRA

*CLINGS TO HIS SKYGUARD*

Never gonna give you up,
    Never gonna let you down,
    Never gonna run around and desert you,
    Never gonna make you cry,
    Never gonna say goodbye,
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

*CRIES* I love my Skyguard and I'll never give it up. Buahahaha.
    • Up x 2
  2. lawn gnome

connery (at least on the VS side) has been seeing a very steady build up of skyguards and they are beginning to learn how to fight aircraft. anymore when i join an armored push there is almost always at least one other skyguard already there. yesterday there were 3 of us on a battlefront when at least 6 enemy (TR) liberators came flying over, only 2 of them survived the first fly over, because of our concentrated firepower. the remaining 2 ran away smoking. i have no idea how many mosquitoes i butchered yesterday either. after a while the remaining mosquitoes refused to go more than a few feet above treetop level and the remaining liberators would only come just into render range near max altitude to take pot shots at our force.
  3. Mostadio

I considered that the other day and thought maybe SOE should turn this into a 250 cert platform instead. Because you are right, the majority of players don't want to make that kind of investment. As for the ability to swap loadouts on vehicles... I feel that will happen eventually. It's just a really big feature that will require a lot of dev time.
    • Up x 2
  4. Krinsee

Try moving sometime instead of just sitting there spewing rounds. I've gotten 4 clips into a lib before and taken it out 1v1 because I dodged most of his damage and with Nano-repair and fire suppresion was able to keep up with each pass. Play smart and you don't get owned.
    • Up x 2
  5. Govedo13

The problem of the Skyguards is scaling. Single skyguard is a joke more or less. I recently unlocked it and I am still learning but I noticed that I tickle the liberators even at point blank range with full clip. I had the situation where liberator was hoovering above the landing pad at biolab while I came out of the shields and put whole clip at him only to watch him pull out and go home.
    But if you combine it with lock-ons, maxes, surrender AA guns and tank shells it creates no-go zone for Flyers. If there were 1 heavy dump fire or lock on or tank shield he would be dead.
    I also later had 3 skyguard play on high ground above Crimson Bluff turret. We created air denial area and I had ton of assists and killed 4-5 ESFs as well. Skyguard is cool but it requires team usage.

May be cool thing would be specialization.
    Keep the current skyguard but nerf its range while increasing its damange. So it would be like certain death for flyers at close range, but in exchange it would loose its annoying ability to land one or two meaningless shots at long range screwing nano repair cooldowns and screwing air duels.
    Add new AA Flak Gun for Lightning:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.8_cm_Flak_18/36/37/41
    High drop, bad velocity, really hard to use, huge damage. So the ground forces would have their AA Dalton. Also SOE would be happy to sell 1 new item.
    • Up x 3
  6. Badname1293

skygaurd gun was like 1 cert over one of the recent sales in the last 6 months (american thanksgiving maybe?). I think plenty of people got it at that time.

Its probably not worth 1k certs, but nothing is. that's why there are sales! I never buy anything not on sale, becuase there is a good chance in the next 6 mo it will be on sale. and FYI you dont even have to log in to check the sales https://twitter.com/PS2DailyDeals