Well this sucks.... >sniper ammo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by direwind, Nov 21, 2012.

1. direwind

lets take into account the avg players miss rate, and the fact it takes 2 hits to kill a target if it is not a head shot, then factor in our situation, which is that we are far away from any means to gain more ammo.

Do you really think 5 rounds, 25 clip is even close to enough?
  2. SnAjP

medic has, if i remember it right, 30 + 130
    if we count u need 20 bullets to kill some1, we r at 8 bodybags. Compare that to your reserves :p

since u r ranged class, mostly, cant u just pick extra ammo vest?
  3. Tolas

"clip" hehe

he said clip

dont mind me, im just your average gun guy
    • Up x 2
  4. wolfva

Well, as an infilitrater you do have options. You can cert for more ammo capacity. Or, you can leave the roof at the base camp and actually play like a REAL effing sniper. IE, moving out into the boonies by yourself and sneaking up on enemy bases. You can use an ESF, or a flash, or go on foot. And you can do the one thing that no one else can do....you can hack enemy equipment terminals! I was doing that to resupply on an epic sniper hunt one day. Heck, grabbed a turret in a lonely tower far from the battle...but in line with the enemy's air assets. Shot down a plane, got a couple of assists, dropped a mine near the elevator and skedadled. Couple minutes later BOOM. Got a kill. Hehehe. Then sniped an enemy base for a while before logging. Ahhhh, that was fun.

Anyways, sniping is more then standing on a ridge with 30 other snipers throwing lead down range. The name of the class is 'infiltrator'. INFILTRATE!!!

Btw? Did you know when people run to those outdoor sunderer terminals they don't actually look around? They run straight to the terminal and stand there while they collect their vehicle......heh. Heh. Heh.
  5. FatherJack

Dont be the spergy gun guy that always pops up anytime someone says clip, oh too late...........
    • Up x 1
  6. SixFive

call for engi > receive ammo
  7. Koadster

You use clips in your sniper rifle? What are you using a M1 garand? All the weapons in this game use MAGAZINES. Yes there is a difference
  8. Jaloro

1. Get Engineer in your squad.
    2. Hack terminals.
    3. Stop missing.

Basically your post said: Hi I am awful and miss lots and don't play with anyone and my gun doesn't have infinite ammo. Can the person responsible for this mess fix it now so I can carry on spraying the sky with bullets without the inconvenience of talking to someone else or going and fetching more.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alex Tech

As a sniper you are just supporting people, but as stated above you can get ammo cap certs.

To be quite fair back in my BF2 days, It was the same the snipers had really low ammo cap, at about 5 rounds. Two ***** to kill and it was still just as easy to go to town. You should work on your aim and only take shots that count.
  10. RoaRawR

except for vanu, they use magic balls