Well done SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Kaserai

Ive not seen this many people in game in months. Im truly impressed. My first time ever being locked out of Esamir and indar because there are to many people on. Not to mention, but Amerish has 2 48+ battles of its own going. Thats incredible. Go SOE
  2. S7rudL

They would be golden if the crashes would be fixed.
    • Up x 2
  3. Shadowyc

Blame DerpTrolling then.
  4. S7rudL

No, I blame the game in general because it was present ever since Ive been here.

What ever has happened recently has nothing to do with that.
  5. EmmettLBrown

Was it ever determined if the wait times were actually from lowered continent pops?
  6. ScrapyardBob

They're treading water - I would hope that the uptick can continue. The Steampowered graphs show the uptick.

[IMG]

I think the release of Hossin and the rework of Amerish will help. But they also need to push out to the media again and do some advertising.
  7. Hatamoto

Another peice of common sense advice, lets see how that translates to alien logic
    • Up x 1
  8. Nexus545

I don't think my Planetside has ever crashed.... Even on my laptop that doesn't even have a graphics card.
  9. eldarfalcongravtank

yupp. last time this has happened on waterson it was like march/april. but during the last weeks it was the first times again that i would get the message with 10+ people waiting in line to warp to indar. i mean i'm really happy that the player numbers increased, but i'd much rather warp to indar now. will you guys (soe) let me?;)
  10. LordMondando

Every time you use steamgrapths a baby bald eagle has an aneurysm.

The definitive source, samples every 10 mins, data from end of summer on.
    http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=0

The fact we had just under 13k the other day, for example is not reflected on the graph and would quite disticly show a far more distinct upwards trend (which you can allready see, showing a lot of people are at least coming to the game through steam, makes sense giving its on its free games section). It is however, one of several data points that point to an unwards trend.

All makes sense, the game is FPS. One of the few MMO's and FPS that actually is so, now performance is not frankly, complete ********, people are going to play more.

Now they just need some of that metagame.
  11. ScrapyardBob

The problem with therebelscum link is that it only goes back to August 2013. There used to be another site that went back farther, which would be far more interesting.

Here's a comparison of the two for the same period (Aug 10 2013 to Jan 2 2014).

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Zorro

I have noticed that Planetside 2 is being advertised again (recycling the same ads from a year ago).
  13. Duvenel

On TV? I've seen a really cheesy and badly done advert for PS2 aired in the UK when I asked about them seeing adverts for the game.
  14. Zorro

No, on various websites. I have never seen a Planetside 2 television advertisement. I agree, though, that the advertisements are poorly done and appeal mainly to immature demographics.
  15. Astriania

The UK TV ad was interesting enough to get me to check the game out in more detail, though it was a bit cheesy to be sure.
  16. Duvenel

Also, why do you keep liking so many of my posts? xD

I went to check my alerts and they're all from you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zorro

I like posts that I like. More people need to feel free to like positive posts.
    • Up x 2