Well done, SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tnsr, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tnsr

Reload circle broken, ammo packs partly not working, fps drops as usual after a GU, triple loading screen fixed to double loading screens, weapon rails of some weapons are lost, strange animation bugs, still no engine optimizations, teleporter to Bio Lab constantly crashing the game client, Medic Gun needs longer to revive than the revive circle shows you...

All the things and bugs that come into my mind without thinking of it for a second. You refuse to fix known bugs that are in the game for months. You don't manage to optimize your game so everyone can run it with at least 30 fps with the minimum specs. You tell people features of an GU must be delayed because of the QA while you proof you don't have any QA, otherweise there is no explanation for the strange animation bug after the GU that really everyone could see after 3 seconds in the game. Only your "QA" is too blind for it, sure.

And on top of all that you are not even ashamed to ANNOY customers with a loading screen that begs for more money for your lack of quality and love for the game. "Here, take those new annoying bugs and we again broke your fps. Now shut up and give us your money!".
    That's really the peak of outrageousness of the last four months.

Typical day at the SOE office:
    "Did we successfully avoid to optimize the game?"
    "YES!"
    "Did we succesfully avoid to get rid of old bugs?"
    "YES!"
    "Did we successfully bring back all the known bugs for a GU?"
    "YES!"
    "Great, so much positive news. But let's give the players something unexpected."
    "Well... give NC and VS more ammo. No one ever requested that, it's totally unexpected and useless balancing"
    "More ammo..."
    [IMG]

IT'S SOMETHING!
    • Up x 20
  2. I0dine

^^ This. Currently the best post on the forums. You should read them every once in a while SOE
    • Up x 1
  3. DustBall

Brilliant post.
    • Up x 1
  4. DustBall

Bumped for great justice.
  5. tastyBerryPunch

The end of OPs post is pure genius. It has restored my hope in Forumside.
  6. FinnSimmons

Had to do it! Bump and sign and everything.
  7. OgreMarkX

Great post. At the very least Sony didn't release this patch on a Friday afternoon, on a Holiday.

And we can't just blame QA. QA is oftentimes treated as the red-headed step child and expected to find all the bugs developers casued in half the time QA was promised with a release date that won't change despite any findings.

That they broke performance AND insist on ramping up SC purchase marketing is what irks me. All the little annoying bugs? Well, it's a big game, impossible to stress test huge battles, and well, the game can be great fun.

AND, I do want to throw a no-ifs-ands-or-but's kudos to Sony for clamping down on cheaters.

BRAVO on that.
    • Up x 2
  8. Oheck

Well, considering that I was noticing multiple bugs within several minutes of gameplay shows me the QA did what...just ignored some painfully obvious bugs? Or did they forward said bugs and they were blatantly ignored? I mean the first five minutes after they hand me a build to test I would have already had a list of bugs for them....yet somehow as obvious as some of these bugs are they sent the update out anyways. I'm hoping they get things squared away quickly. But there just seems to be something broken in the process that allows a patch to go live in this state.
  9. RadarX

Please refer to our forum guidelines regarding constructive posting. Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.