Welcome back to Airside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tentakewls, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tentakewls

Population: Decreasing
    I've heard the phrase "circular balance" before, but I didn't think we'd find ourselves back at release date. It's like some freaky time travel thing.
    Skyguard: Sucks
    G2A: Broken
    People utter the phrase "If you want to counter air, pull air" as if it wasn't idiotic.
    • Up x 3
  2. z1967

Skyguard is fine vs ESFs

Skyguard vs. anything not an ESF/Flash is not fine.

What I would give for direct hit flak :|
  3. Levtech

The thing is, ground infantry units expect to be able to counter air as well as air can attack them, yet in reality an aircraft costs a lot of resources and depending on which type it has multiple people so it should be able to kill an infantry unit. A skyguard or dual burster max is plenty enough flak for an ESF or two (at once), and a few friends with AA can handle galaxies and libs. After all, if you want to take out a multi person vehicle, you're going to need multiple people and that's where the squad play this game is centered around comes in. The reason it does not seem perfectly balanced is because there is no multiple seat AA vehicle, you can only pull multiple of one type of AA. Treat a skyguard as two gunner seats and the other forms of AA as 1. With this logic you can take down a lib with 1 skyguard and another form of AA. A galaxy will take 2 skyguards and 1 other.
    • Up x 1
  4. Paperlamp

Problem is libs didn't need a buff, and AA is extremely unrewarding because air can easily escape it most of the time.

And Skyguard does really suck.

And base design and broken resource system, as usual.
    • Up x 1
  5. ViXeN

Buff?? They buffed the Libs while I was gone? WHY??? WHY?????????????? :eek: Of all the things in the game to buff, Libs should have been last on the list.
    • Up x 3
  6. Cinnamon

Nobody knows. Some guy who never plays the game saw libs not performing "well enough" on a spreadsheet and decided to fix the game.
    • Up x 5
  7. Codex561

SOE is the best at fixing stuff.
    • Up x 2
  8. Alarox

Liberators didn't need resistance buffs. The tailgun changes were good, but they didn't need even more survival when they have a faster TTK against everything in the game and can enter and exit battles at will.
    • Up x 4
  9. z1967

Give MBTs (400 resources) AA guns and then can we start to kill libs (350 resources)? Or should a double burster MAX (350 resources) be able to go toe to toe with a Lib? Is being able to one clip (with a Skyguard) a non-composite lib too much to ask? I don't know about you guys, but having resources judge what counters what seems like a horrible mechanic.

Also text in bold. This is the poorest argument you can put forth because then:
    -Galaxies become the Apex predator of the game (5 seats to achieve maximum flight damage)
    -Harassers go toe to toe with libs (Driver, gunner, and back seat rider) and Sunderers dominate libs every day (3 seats to do full damage, one driver and two gunners)
    -Flashes would beat the absolute **** out of Lightnings and ESFs.

So yeah, its a bad argument at best. Libs are in a Harasser like state atm and I would really appreciate it if they don't go overboard on this one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tuco

Balancing air against high density zerg blobs completely destroys the game for anyone who likes to adventure away from their own high density zerg blob.

Too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS, PS1 mines, PS1 spitfires, PS1 motion detectors; these tools spread out the high density zerg blobs into proper front-lines.

Liberators are balanced just fine, against high density zerg blobs, in fact they could probably use more buffs, against high density zerg blobs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Corporate Thug

What I wouldn't give to have a lock on launcher that uses up 750 air or mechanical resources per shot and it OHK libs.
  12. SOE-MOD-03

Non-constructive.
    ♥03
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.