Weird MICROPHONE problem - not transmitting sound.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Helldin665, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Deepcool

Does the Test and Playback feature work for you after that? I still can't get mine to work, but it does transmit audio to other players.
    Also, is there a loopback feature here to hear my own voice?
  2. lordlazarus

I have this exact same issue, down to the initial static played then no recording. Using Win7 64bit, Realtek onboard sound. Mic confirmed working in Mumble, Teamspeak, Ventrilo. Have detection bar movement in game, but no recording, squad / platoons cannot hear me. Would love to get this fixed, I feel like I am missing out on a big portion of what makes this game shine. Having to stop and type out important info for my squad/platoon is really frustrating.
  3. propilot13

Toggle the enable button a few times, that should fix the ghost test record issue!
  4. CrazyEddie

Like most of the posters here (and in other similar threads) I can see the bars move when I press "Test" or "Record", but after recording nothing gets played back except a short burst of static.

However, unlike most (but like a few), I am in fact able to use my mic in game. When I used proximity talk, others around me could hear me.

(Although at first I didn't realize that it was push-to-talk... I spent a while thinking my mic didn't work at all because I would push and release the talk key and expect to be heard all the time. Newbie mistake, I suppose. Anyway, in case anyone else is as new at this as I am - you have to hold down the talk key (Z for squad, numpad-4 for proximity) in order to transmit.)
  5. Obren

Did you try pressing "z" when your are talking? That's what i did wrong and i had the exact same thing as you.
  6. Rostan

I have the exact same problem. I tried my Webcam mic which is USB. I tried Two analog mics a $15 Radio Shack pair and my $100 Razer. Nothing works. I tried uninstalling my drivers that didn't help either. I love leading squads and platoons but I die a lot while typing. Very frustrating.
    Windows 7 64bit
    Realtek Audio
    Nividia 790i SLI Ultra mobo
  7. MurderBunneh

I had to forward all my ports and got it to work finally. There is a list of the ports you need to forward stickied.
    Test still does not record but I can transmit.
  8. Rostan

How do you forward all your ports. I am drawing a blank atm.
  9. Taarguns

I'm having the same exact issue! I've tried all my microphones and PS2 wont pic up any sound, even though my computer clearly hears it all and should be working properly. I thought I was the only one with this problem. Hope this can be resolved because it's a pain not being able to communicate with my squad-mates instantly without typing and getting killed.
  10. LordSkyKnight

Bump on this problem. I just logged in and patched and now the voip isnt working for me. I flicked it on and off like other posters said and got it to work for a min then it just breaks down again.
  11. Exmortius

I have the same problem, sometimes it works then it stops working randomly. been that way since i upgraded from win 7 to 8. using a turtle beach headset. i can always use the test mic feature and it works just fine, but it's like the keybind keys do not work for the mic to actually activate it in game. in windows 8 and ps2 test mics work fine but voice chat never works. i'm running a amd bulldozer with hdmi sound / video on a fatality mb. it's freaking uber strange why it randomly decides to work and then stop working during game play. i thought it might have been a num lock issue but i rebinded keys to try not using the number pad and still nothing so i know it's not a keybind issue. it's definitely an in game bug.
  12. Zerakis

I am having the same problem with my Corsair 1500, I get the static sound and no playback.
  13. Zerakis

Alrighty I got it to work! I was digging more through the forums and someone posted if you check the box that disables voice activation then exit completely out of the game and restart it. Do the mic test then, the bar detecting your voice does not go exactly with your voice but upon playback (making sure that the box is unchecked remind you) it worked and fixed my problem completely!!! YAY I can finally talk to people and actually start getting into this darn game! :D Any older age groups looking for another member?
  14. GravitySmacked

Same problem, Zerakis solution works until I play the game again :/ Mic works OK in Mumble etc; Win 7 Creative X-Fi.

A solution would be much appreciated.
  15. isimon

This fix still does not work for me and many others. I find myself too pissed off to play sometimes when I know there are hundreds of people around me talking and I can't hear a single thing. Please SOE.
  16. morbloe

i switched from x-fi to asus rog phoebus and have the exact same problem now :( TS3 is working, only planetside2 doesn't
  17. Sladee

Same problem. sometimes In game voice wont work. And many people in our Outfit have this problem. Personally I am using a Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional soundcard
  18. morbloe

It seems like that there are different kinds of problems causing the ingame voice not to work. For one of the these problems I seemed to found the problem:
    The ingamevoice has problems to work with ASIO-Dirvers like my asus rog phoebus! The solution is to run the corresponding *.exe-files with administration-privileges!

For me I gave all the *.exe-files administration-privileges and it worked. It could be enough to just start the launcher with administration-privileges.

@Sony:
    As I spook to the support they never came close to this solution. Make them! And also please fix such problems, thanks!
  19. thomas lescano

Same Problem! please fix this problem! A lot of people talk while play! XD XD