Weird Lag Spikes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cyberzone620, Feb 18, 2016.

1. cyberzone620

I don't know why, but every minute or so my game drops to 15 FPS and stays there for 30 - 45 seconds, then goes back up to 60 FPS. While at 15 FPS, the game shows my CPU bottlenecking. And while at 60 FPS, it shows GPU bottleneck. This happens regardless of whether I'm looking at the sky at the warpgate or fighting a 100 v 100 at a biolab. It will always do the exact same thing. Help pls.

Specs:
    Alienware 17 (Laptop)
    Processor: Intel Core i7-4710MQ @ 2.50GHz
    Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 860M
    RAM: 24.0 GB - 23.9 GB Usable
  2. user101

Whole game is lagging... seeing some one shoot at you and bam your dead because of lag. first one to shoot wins Server Lag is wll over 500ms in response time... Don't care what the ping time is. Ping time can be great and Shoot lag is horrable.

Kill the directives DEVs.... get that lag software out of the game engine. I am going to quite if they don't fix this lag Fing stuff..

Directives bottle neck the server keeping track of all that stuff. This is a FPS games not some treasure hunt game. Directives got to go....
  3. Spiritualised

I cant believe your at it again. Haven't you read any of the replies to your previous thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...es-eat-up-50-of-cpu-time.238551/#post-3362737
    You need to shut your yap and try listening to the people here who know what they are talking about, you might gain some real knowledge . As far as the lag goes, I'm not getting any to EU or the US. Its highly likely the lag your experiencing isn't client based but somewhere en route. Have you even bothered diagnosing your connection to the server you play on. Probably not . Either way I'm reporting your post for being misleading. Do yourself a favour and stop giving advice and misinformation on things you don't understand your only making a fool of yourself.
    • Up x 2
  4. user101

Spiritualised you are just an #***.. I have been playing this game for over 3 years now.

And I know a bug when I see one. I played on PTS when they were putting in directives. They did not work then, they do not work now. And all they did is slow down the the game engine and cause glitching. The only difference now is we have freezing.

So some one is shooting at me now. And I go to shoot back -- what happens - I am frozen when the other guy is shooting. Why because the stupid engine is looking up stats in directives for 500ms. because the list is so long. Don't give me any Sht Spiritualised. This is not a ping lag problem it is a server to much junk code problem at the servers and adding more stuff in the game is not going to fix it only make it worse.

Your a hacker Spirt I know you don't want the game fixed... it will screw up your hacks.
  5. Spiritualised

The length of time you've been with the game or your BR are no measure of knowledge, despite what you think. Ive been here since beta myself but I don't use that as some kind of justification for knowing what I'm talking about. I have qualifications for that.
    Ive seen every idiotic thing you have posted, all 3 yrs worth of it. Again, I put it to you, that you do not know what you are looking at let alone talking about. I base this claim on what I have read in your previous posts regarding you being killed by NPC's etc. Thats just one example of you not knowing what your looking at, but put into context here its a good start. If that is you knowing what you are looking at then I must be playing a completely different game to you.
    When I get a free moment Ill put together a nice little comedy thread with all of your finest, misinformed and utterly ridiculous posts. I think the forum could do with a good laugh.
    As for the name calling and hackusations, I won't lower myself to your level to make my point and DBG can deal with your hackusations. TTFN
    • Up x 2
  6. user101

Spititualised I am sorry I hurt your feeling... but your not always correct - Dude I grew up on IBM / VAX/VMS C++ and ADA and and XT programming and Windows 1.0 .... does that tell you how old I am. And I can program in all those languages also.
    So this suff the DEV are programming in is well - its high level for the most part with some big lookup tables that cause endless problems for them because the table are just to big for the server to search thousands of data points in 2 ms and get it all working.

For each and every person playing PS2... your using a x64 pointer for each data point or something similar plus an x&y for every bullet shot and an x&y for every person playing. That is thousands of data points the server keeps track of. This is not some small task for the server. So big usless Directives data tables just cause more slow down in the game.

Other wise i would not have to wait at some terminal changing items and waiting forever. There are limits, the longer the tables get the slower the game runs on the server and there is no good way of optimizing data tables. Other than getting faster CPU's
  7. Spiritualised

Unfortunately all the rubbish you've posted in the past speak volumes more about your qualifications (or lack of), than any fairy story you concoct in order to justify your inane ramblings. You've done this in the past and made a complete fool of yourself, why do you insist on continuing
  8. ohmikkie

Actually I do believe he is right about the lag compensation algorithms. One can manipulate download versus upload bandwidth and latency and would appear to be harder to kill compared to others. It's the reason I don't play the PC version any more; even though you still get players like that on the PS4.
  9. Spiritualised

Care to show me where he's talking about Qos.
    Hes blaming the directives for the lag not Qos
  10. ohmikkie

wasn't referring to directives.

I was referring to lag compensation which is implied in one his posts (#2)

why so negative?
  11. Spiritualised

I think one of two things has happened here,

1 Your Uturd101's mate and have jumped in to help save him some face
    2 You read Uturd101's post and completely misunderstood it, much like Uturd101 does with computing

I will run through it with you as its probably reading and comprehension your having the most difficulty with.
    Lets take the post you refer to, post #2 i think it was.

Although I applaud your decision to defend Uturd101's post , I suggest next time you do this, stick to facts and don't make up a fiction, or put words in peoples mouths to suit your stance, as when its noticed it only serves to make your argument void and leaves you looking a bit stupid.

Have a great day ohmikkie
  12. ohmikkie

1. I did not decide to defend a post and did.
    2. I was inferring from his post my analysis of his experience and my experiences.
    3. I do not know him.
    4. As long as we are not savvy to the development of the game we can only speculate giving educated opinions.
    5. I do not see you countering his claims with any reasonable explanation.
    6. I am a software developer experienced in asynchronous communications in TCP and message queues; So I think I am entitled to have a reasonable educated opinion on the matter. And even if I was not I would expect a counterclaim to be informative and not a rebuke.
  13. RainbowDash9

i want to see that thread......i mean...what?
  14. Spiritualised

1. Fair enough
    2. Your first post in this thread starts with the statement "Actually I do believe he is right about the lag compensation algorithms." Wrong, Its you who is right about that, not Uturd101. The symptoms he describe point to lag comp but he very clearly blames his lag on the directives. He states this at least 3 or 4 times. I actually agree with you with regard to lag comp, because of my analysis of my own lag issues
    3. That can only be a good thing
    4. I can’t argue with that, Im all for educated opinions. Unfortunately you will be hard pushed to find anything informed or educated in Uturds posts
    5. He's already had 3 pages worth of reasonable counters on his original thread about this. I gave up on reasonable explanations with him a long time ago. Others still try but I have learned from experience, its a futile endeavour
    6. The only problem I have with your reasonable and educated opinion is your claim that Uturd101 was right about lag comp and Im sorry to go around in circles with you, but he didn’t once in this thread suggest that, it was only you. You are both talking about totally different things. Uturd101 has claimed on this forum in the past to be both a hardware developer and a software engineer but the majority of his posts prove his knowledge does not back up his claims. With that in mind, claiming to be an expert in a particular field in order to back up claims made on an internet gaming forum carries no weight with me. Its peoples posts on the forum that will show whether they are or aren’t what they say. If you were to believe these forums everyone here is a some type of IT professional.

15. Spiritualised

Hey Rainbow, this was the original thread https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bot-bugs.98397/ but unfortunately the link no longer works. A shame really as it made for a great comedy read.
    Luckily, over on this thread https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-d-kill-death-ratio-of-factions.180687/page-2 theres plenty of references to what he said about NPC's, see my post on that page.....post 34. Enjoy :)
    Ive just found this more recent one too https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/it-is-easy-to-cheat-in-planetside-2.222693/ see post 14 hahahahahaha
  16. user101

Spiritualised -

You do realize the game servers don't have any real grapics on them right... ???? PS2 is table driven code on the game servers.
    You do realize the more packets the server sends you the slower your FPS gets....!
    You do realize the fewer packets the server sends you the faster your FPS gets....!
    You do realize when the server stalls or the network stalls so does your FPS..
    You do realize the game servers are only look up tables for x&y&z position and directives.
    You do realize that I played with the DEV's on PTS at the time directives were put in the game...! Since I am a PTS tester... !
    The only graphics is on the user end as such. You do understand that... right....?
    There two types of lag. Ping lag and table lag. You can have good ping time and bad table time lag in a server.
    Spiritualised - you have had at least 30 Post removed from the forum by RADAR for you not folloing the rules and picking on people you don't like. I on the other hand I have had only Post removed talking to you and only you.
  17. ObiVanuKenobi

I was around when directives were added to PTS, didn't notice any performance decrease and definitely not 50% decrease as you claimed in another thread by pulling numbers out of nowhere as you usually do. If directives would've halved FPS people wouldn't be silent about it and you wouldn't be the only one to notice it. Recent performance issues are completely unrelated to directives.
    You obviously don't know how the game works and you're making false claims once again. Directives don't get updated after every bullet you shoot.
    What the hell... wish the bot thread wasn't deleted.
    • Up x 1
  18. Spiritualised

If you are going to lie again and bring Radar into this then you best have the evidence against me.