Weather Effects?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KripTed, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TheMish

Omg imagine a galaxy coming down from the fog in the third picture, the clouds pushed away as it comes down to the ground.

They need to add weather and better effects. There's just no reason not to.
    • Up x 1
  2. KripTed

Agreed.
  3. Alizona

I've been saying Esamir needs blizzards every since I began playing two years ago.

I do recall some mention from Sony that PS2 would have dynamic weather effects, but that was months ago and I've never heard it mentioned since then.

My rig can handle anything thrown at it, but I realize not everybody is in a similar situation. This will always be a problem with video gaming, the developer must design for the "lowest common denominator". It's kinda like being a very smart student in public school, they never get truly challenged because the teachers are pre-occupied with the bottom rungs and bringing those kids up to speed.
    • Up x 3
  4. Pikachu

Higby was the one tweeting them. Saying stuff like "I really dig the volumetric clouds". Vanu labs played rain sounds on a video btw, stuff in the files. :)
  5. KripTed

yet, he hasn't pushed the idea any further.
  6. KripTed

Still not an idea eh?

sad to see, that they care more about the PS4 version then PC. i bet any money this game is gonna drastically fall into pits now.
  7. Gammit

They tried it in-house and it killed performance.
  8. Pikachu

Give source!
    • Up x 1
  9. RadarX

It's actually come up in some recent discussions. We'll hopefully have more to share in the near future.
    • Up x 14
  10. Scr1nRusher

His mind.
    • Up x 2
  11. Gammit

12. Pikachu

[IMG]
  13. KripTed

good to see someone actually answered me, didn't notice i had some replies, i hope we see or hear more about this topic, cause im sure lots of people would like to see this, nothing like fighting in a battle while getting drenched.

i doubt it will kill performance. this game runs beautifully (now, not when it first came out), im sure a lil rain wouldn't drain performance that much, doesn't seem to in H1Z1 :)
  14. Gammit

You can doubt all you want, but the devs said it did. Now, that was in the past, so it is possible they have worked on that issue and performance in general to the point that it's possible now.

Further, what this game does and what H1Z1 does, in terms of hitting your CPU due to the number of players, is night and day. So that comparison is mostly irrelevant.
  15. nukularZ

Cosmetic weather effects are not very demanding. They should be all GPU load.
  16. eldarfalcongravtank

a million thanks for your transparency but lets hope that doesnt just mean "we will probably add weather effects in late-2017... probably". really looking forward to this coming to fruition in the next months
  17. Dj Gus

Tell you what: if DBG doesn't make me buy a 36 core CPU to implement it, i'll surely look forward to this...

And: How freakin awesome would a HUGE sandstorm on Indar be?!!! HUUUUM????
    Everyone kinda forced to run HS/NV's or stay in groups... Infiltrator chow!!!
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

Sounds too good to be true what RadarX said. If they're gonna do weather stuff then I hope they start with improving the sun. You devs made awesome skybox and lighting but really crappy sun and moon.
  19. KripTed

well Dev's and other people at SOE. it seems quite a few of people would really like to see this implemented. please show that you listen and care about your community.

as for people complaining for it causing drastic changes in CPU and GPU and blah blah. these people have been using this engine for years now, im pretty sure they are close to perfecting it by now. this game is not that graphically demanding, tbh, i think H1Z1 is more graphically demanding and puts more strain on my GPU/CPU. yet it still runs nice with the weather effects they have, which is only rain. or at least i think so, i haven't played it in awhile.
  20. CorporationUSA

Just something else for me to turn off.