Weapon unlock for all classes that share it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by kadney, Mar 21, 2013.

1. kadney

Hello everybody, I am about to buy a new weapon for my Light Assault and was wondering if they are "common pool" with other classes that use the same weapon. For example: I buy the Lynx on my LA, will my Engineer be able to use it aswell, since he can achieve it aswell? Or would I have to buy the same weapon twice? -.-
  2. Lakora

Engi n LA share Carbines... Engi and Heavy share Battle Rifle.

So basically yeah it will be shared.
    • Up x 1
  3. Jordonp

Not only that, the upgrades are shared too, so if you get a scope for a carbine, both light assault and engineer can use it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Eric Smith

And don't forget that Shotguns are shared by everybody but Infiltrator, and SMG is shared by everybody. Shotguns actually work quite well with LA; the low TTK and fact that you can jump up, around, and behind enemies means you can get a lot of kills. The TTK is also so good that you can often times take on two HA and win if you know what you're doing. I haven't used SMGs much, but the SMG is also quite powerful in CQC.

That said, I use the Lynx and Nighthawk shotgun on my LA and the Lynx on my Engineer. I have more kills with the Lynx than any other gun and love it's hip fire accuracy and power, and it's mid-range accuracy is good on the LA as well. The Nighthawk OTOH is a beast when you're going to be in CQC. I stopped using the Nighthawk for a while because the ammo pool sucked, but they significantly improved that a little while ago so I've been using it a lot more lately. For the Lynx get a decent scope (I switch between a 3.4x dot and IR/NV), the Suppressor (for LA, keeps you off Radar, plus it confuses enemies) and Adv Laser (awesome hip fire accuracy). For the Nighthawk get an Extended Magazine and IR/NV (scopes don't really matter on Shotguns, but IR/NV is good for smoke, dust, or dark conditions; hip fire any other time)..

Don't forget that you can test all of these in VR, and see exactly what classes can use what and what the weapons are like with all of their attachments.
    • Up x 1