Weapon of choice for Vanu Medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Veri, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Veri

What is you weapons of choice with attachments and why.

I am new to medic and have played it very little on the battle field.

Right now I have two primary weapons.
    The Default (whatever that is) and the CME which I bought on sale.
  2. Shiaari

H-V45 is highly effective for most engagements you'll find yourself in as a Medic. It's tooled for CQC, which means ridonculous rate of fire with (oddly enough) reasonable mid-range accuracy. It's also cheap.

Trick it out with a Suppressor, advanced laser dot, soft-point ammunition, and NS/HV scope and 1x Holo for a variety of situations. I experimented with 3.4x scopes, but honestly the rifle isn't accurate enough in my opinion to truly capitalize.

Overall, though, even stock the gun melts face.
    • Up x 2
  3. Ticee

Personally I've had most luck with the default gun actually, it's a bit easier to control at medium ranges I think, which is the kind of fights I usually end up in. The H-V45 is definitely not bad either, very deadly up close.. and at range as well, if you're manly enough to handle the wicked fire-rate.
    You may want to give it a try!
  4. freeze

H-V45 all the way :)

5. pnkdth

H-V45. The only reason to get another weapon is if you want underslung attachments in which case get the Equinox.
  6. buff as hell irl

The H-V45 is pretty solid and only 250 certs. Try using ADS and the foregrip with it even close up. Not only do you move faster while in ADS than you do with most other guns, but the H-V45 chews through ammo like crazy, so you need to waste as little as possible. Even with the laser sight, you're still going to miss a lot if you hipfire outside of knifing range.

Other than that, I've had great success with the Corvus. It behaves like the NC's Gauss Rifle and hits as hard, but you can put a Compensator on it, unlike the regular stock Gauss. You can really tear people up at mid range.

Finally, if you bought that bundle that had the CME in it, and not just the CME itself, give the Nova a try. I absolutely brutalize people with 4x/Slug Ammo/X-Mags - you just need to get used to the slow projectile speed. Plus, just using extended mags on the Nova by itself makes you a monster in close quarters.
  7. Babylon Rocker

H-V45, i recently switched from the Pulsar VS1 and holy **** that thing can drop even heavys incredible fast, if you like to be in the thick of the action that its the perfect gun for you.

Put a forward grip on it and try to ADS as much as possible, altough in CCQC it can be pretty beastly too :)
  8. Kastrenzo

if you can get used to the lower firerate, and teach yourself to aim for the head, Corvus is a beast

I've taken out trios of Heavies with it singlehandedly, and seen my share of being called an aimbotter from it too
  9. UzumakiW

I was using the Pulsar VS1 (the default) for a very long time, and it's a great gun. Was using the forward grip and red dot sight on it, and it's just a great gun that works great in most situations.

I then switched to using the H-V45 with the same attachments (forward grip and red dot sight), and it's awesome too. Would definitely recommend getting this when you can. Try checking them all out with the free trial they do and see what one feels best to you. After you decide, you can build upon that to make it work even better for you.
  10. Blitzkrieg

CME is a poor choice. Not because it's bad, but because it doesn't do any special really.

At the moment I use 3 different weapons:
    Pulsar VS1 - Now just because it's the default weapon does not make it bad! In fact it's one of the best default weapons in my mind. The rate of fire is decent, the damage is pretty good and my god the accuracy and reload time is amazing on this thing. It's a stable weapon, very well rounded, and I have nothing bad to say about it. One of my favourite weapons, I've come back to get the Auraxium medal on it because I love it as a weapon. I use a 2x Reflex and a Forward Grip.
    Corvus - I use this souly for medium to long range engagements. It has a low rate of fire but it hits like a beast. In medium range engagements the accuracy is really good, you can pick skulls off with ease. At longer ranges you do need to burst fire due to the recoil. I use a Compensator, OG-4x scope and a forward grip. Now I did have High Velocity ammo, It's fine for medium ranges, however at a really long range, I found while using ADS the vertical recoil was too much using it and removed it. I found I did better without High Velocity for long ranges.
    H-V45 - I fell in love with this when it was the Centurai during the beta. It has an extremely good rate of fire, good damage, excellent accuracy and a good reload time. I'll make a testament to the Pulsar from this though. I would use the Pulsar VS1 if this weapon didn't exist. As it dons a Higher rate of fire, same damage and it's almost as accurate as the Pulsar at many ranges. I use Soft Point Ammunition, 1x Reflex Sight and a Forward Grip. Now, I know a lot of people use the Advanced laser sight on this weapon and it's a fair reason. As it makes this weapon a beast to hip fire and makes it a complete CQB beast. However as much as I do like to CQB with it, I do love the ability to hit targets at medium to longish ranges, and since it already hip fires quite well I prefer the extra stability when engaging at medium to long ranges, making the H-V45 an all purpose weapon and engages excellently at multiple ranges.
  11. asdfPanda

H-V45 all the way. Most of the time I have it with advanced laser sight and the 1x holo, but sometimes if I'm going longer ranged, I slap on foregrip. Even Without foregrip it's still very decent past 30m.
  12. Veri

Not sure how much I paid for the CME, hopefully it wasn't too much when it was on sale :D

I could go grab the H-V45 though.
    Either that or try out shotguns.
  13. Blitzkrieg

As a medic, I wouldn't recommend the shotgun, unless you kept it purely for things like Biolabs. It's a reason I play the medic, because the AR's are so fantastic, you can engage at multiple ranges with efficiency.

If you're still unsure, stay with the Pulsar VS1. It's a safe weapon that you cannot go wrong with. Take it from me, the H-V45 is almost as accurate as that Pulsar but with a higher rate of fire. If not, test it, see what you think. I don't think i've met any one who thinks it's a bad weapon.
  14. buff as hell irl

If you get one gun for VS Medic, make it the H-V45, it's going to be the most effective weapon for the job the overwhelming majority of the time. If you do decide to try one of the shotguns, I don't recommend getting the Pandora, as it's not as suited to slugs as the Thanatos or Nova and Medic doesn't really have the mobility of LA or the survivability of HA to make just using regular ammo work well reliably outside of Biolabs or other indoor environments.

Also, keep in mind the Thanatos and Nova are practically the same gun. The differences are down to taste. The Thanatos has a tighter buck spread and a fast reload, the Nova has a larger magazine and a much more generous amount of reserve ammo. As far as I know, the buck spread has no effect on slugs.

Another good thing about shotties is that unlocking one gets you it on every class other than Infiltrator, and that includes any mods you unlock for it, too.

Oh yeah - and I know you're just asking about rifles, but I'm just gonna say, the Manticore is pretty much a straight upgrade over the Beamer. If you were as sick of having a worthless sidearm as I was: Manticore, man. Manticore.
    • Up x 1
  15. PaperPlanes

HV45 is the only gun I use when I play medic, does everything I need it to do, feels basically like an Orion with a 30 round mag instead of 50 round.
  16. Ripshaft

I'm sure most people will point you towards the HV45, and for relatively good reason, it's a solid gun at close-med ranges, and it looks and feels really great, which are both far more important than most people give credit for. That said, the pulsar VS1 is still a fantastic gun, and while I havent bought it yet, the corvus is apparently fantastic at range... sooo... yeah, basically find what you like, a quick trial of the HV45 should be enough to determine if it's for you or not, not sure on the corvus, think you might want to wait for vr training to test that one with attachments before you buy.
  17. Bad News

Semi auto shotgun, nova? with extended mag and x1 sight and as backup get the manticore, i have not tried that pistol, still saving for it but it must be better then the default pistol, even the sound sounds weak on the default pistol, no fun at all to use.
  18. Oleker2

I use NS-11A. I know is a all faction gun and is not laser kind like other VS weapons, but is pretty balanced all round rifle. With it I can rush healing of flank for survival without change my loadout.
    High Velocity Ammo - Compensator - 2x scope - laser.
    • Up x 2
  19. cKerensky

Thumbs up for this. The NS-11A is a really fun weapon to use, I find it practical at all ranges, and never really feel like I should have used something else. If I die, I would have died with any weapon.

The accuracy at mid to long range, though...it's a beast!
  20. Soylent

I bought the CME when it was on sale, and I can't really say a bad thing about it. With the Adv. Forward Grip I find it very accurate at medium-long ranges.