Weapon for light assault

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by krokolop, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Iridar51

That actually gave me an idea. Come to think of it, the main disadvantage of suppressor, at least in close quarters, is that it shortens the range where you need an additional bullet to kill the target.
    However, this disadvantage is the least noticeable on high RoF weapons, since they fire so many bullets it doesn't matter that much if you need one more. Is that what you meant, or was there some other reasoning?
  2. Corezer

Pretty much.

Most weapons hit minimum damage really really fast when using a suppressor, you can always count on 1 extra hit to kill, even in extremely close quarters enemies can fall back those couple meters really quick and you usually only overkill targets by 0-3 damage at max damage range, so someone backing up even just a little bit can lead to that extra shot.

Lynx has good TTK even at max damage range, you can make up for the velocity with target selection, and you get the best chance to kill targets outright.

You don't have to stand still to get an accuracy benefit, so you avoid a bit of sniper fire when on a roof and such. also great at mid range. Plus since the advantage is in moving velocity you can literally pull up your sights as you see targets rather than have to stop before aiming in on them, to maximize your chances of killing them before they decide to move.

I used to be a big jag advocate, and I still use it at times, but since awareness has come out the suppressor is just so important to me, and the lynx is the only one that can perform with it on. Things like the amc get slowed down to the point that they aren't good at range, and they were never optimal up close to begin with. I know a lot of players recommend going with a high velocity weapon to counter that specific weakness of the suppressor, but I would rather accept crap velocity and focus on countering the damage drop, so I am still be able to kill the people I can shoot faster than they can slip away or spot me... there are plenty of targets standing still or moving in a straight line to kill, in any situation, what's most important to me is getting it done before that ambush turns into a fight with them or their allies.
  3. Duban

Personally I'm partial to the T5 AMC. The damage is a bit lacking which makes it nearly impossible to compete with heavies head on, but the recoil is great. It's a godsend for ambush tactics against unaware targets, which is what 99% of your kills should consist of as LA..
  4. Corezer

oh I like it too, just not for suppressor use.

I use it in those longer ranged situations where having the right tool for the job is going to give me such a clear advantage I don't need a suppressor to begin with.

there are lots of different choices for different scenarios, but for general purpose, I find the lynx to be my staple.
  5. krokolop

Lynx is very nice
  6. Leivve

TR have the best DPS weapons in the game. We may not hit as hard as the NC and VS, but we make up for it with our walls of bullets. The honorable TX1 Repeater can even out mach even full sized weapon like carbines in close quarters.

From longest range to shortest:

Cougar - Not only is it the best long range alternative for TR, it's still one of the best carbines we can get. More ideal for roof top fighting, if you plan to play a lot of LA I HIGHLY suggest putting it on your shopping list. (Cougar is one of my personal favorite weapons.)

T5 AMC - This is considered the middle of the road jack of all trades weapon. Can preform well at range, though not as good as the cougar, but can still handles itself in close quarters. (should "upgrade" to from TRAC5)

TRAC5 - default and honestly the weapon you should stick with till you know what style of combat you like. Solid in all places and has a frightening amount of bite compared to other faction carbines.

Jaguar - TR are renown for have the best CQB carbines in the game, and the Jaguar is considered to be the embodiment of that. More hip fire oriented with access to both soft point and a advance laser sight. For only 250 certs you should pick this up right out of the gate if you enjoy hip firing or getting up close and personal with the TRAC5. (Only gun I've loved enough to get Araxium)

Lynx - Long ago in the mist of time, the Lynx was the only CQB TR carbine, and it wreaked face like it was going out of style. Then the Jaguar came out and took that throne because not only did it preform near equally well, it could also still reach out and touch people. But with the recent remake to it, the Lynx has returned and shown all of PS2 what a CQB carbine can do.
    This thing wreaks face like it was going out of style. It can't do crap outside close range, but you'll find yourself watching your 40 bullets fall to 0 in the blink of any eye as you throw out wall after wall of bullets. Solid in ADS and Hip fire you'll just melt the unfortunate person who finds themselves down range when you Mouse1. If you feel the Jaguar doesn't have sharp enough claws, head over to the king lion and pick this baby up.

So there you go, no matter what path you go, you should pick up the 250 certs for the other, just so you can adapt to every battle field. Make sure you're taking advantage of your ability to get to awkward positions and always be thinking vertically.

GG
  7. Corvus Corax

I can't get used to the lynx. Maybe screenshake, and probably 'cause I need to play with it longer instead of in spurts. I'd rather just drifter jet from up high into CQC with the barrage and take as many people down as I can before I get gibbed