Weapon Customization Overhaul Idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wulfen109, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Wulfen109

I have been playing this game for quite awhile now. I find it extremely entertaining. Most of the features are pretty solid, but one thing was kind of lacking for me. Weapon Customization. I find the current customization, or should i say lack of, is extremely limited. Only being able to choose from a barrel (Muzzle actually), rail, and scope attachment is not much of customization. I feel the kind of customization this game needs is something along the lines of what Army of Two and Black Light did. Being able to choose different barrel length and types, heavier or light stocks, and even extra accessories to name a few. Each different attachment type would contribute different stats like faster movement, steadier recoils, faster velocity, etc. I think this would go well with the already "Vastly diverse looking" weapons which the game currently offers with hardly any different kind of stats. For those of you who dont understand sarcasm, that part about diverse weapons was a joke. Anyways, i really feel that this game's weapon customization really needs to step it up ALOT. If you like this idea please help me support this and maybe the Devs will see this and make this a possibility. I am new to these forums so i apologize if this thread conflicts with anyone else's. This thread is open for discussion but i would mostly like to see some support. Post something so that this thread will stay at the top considering people have tiny attention spans and wont read anything past 5 threads down. Thanks
  2. Wulfen109

bump (because everyone is too busy replying to other stupid threads about nothing or people crying making somewhat important threads go unnoticed)
  3. Wulfen109

4. Eli

I'm pretty sure SOE will add new customization options for the existing slots in the future, but indeed having at least 1 or 2 more slots would be nice. They kept talking about HUGE customization in the beta videos, but I don't really see it.
  5. 13lackCats

Not to be rude. Can you break it up a bit?

Real hard to read.
    • Up x 1
  6. EventideOne

I don't think it needs a restructuring, it just needs more attachments. You get separate weapons for different situations. They've already planned an angled grip for rifles since if you look in the description for the 6x scope for the NC Saw, it says Angled Foregrip.
  7. Raidashi

This... Its just a block of text, not a sorted set of ideas/statements.
  8. WUNDER8AR

I support this idea. though I believe that this will never come true. SOE wants you to buy new weapons, not to build your weapon of choice from the starter weapons for free.
  9. Wulfen109

im guessing you cant read a book then, either
  10. Raidashi

Sure, if believing that makes you feel better about not being able to write a coherent block of sentences in a way that doesnt look like **** to read.

Pretty sure they teach this in first grade English... I could explain why its important but i doubt you posses the intellect to comprehend that, based on that it would of taken you the same time to break up your opening statement, your main statement/idea, and closing statement in the same time it took you to write this, yet didnt, i can only assume you either cant or dont know how.

EDIT:

Here, changed my mind. I'll be nice and add something more meaningful. Hope i'm not wasting my time:

This is the reason no one's reading your ****. Want your idea to get out? Organize it better. NOBODY (regardless of ability to read) wants to read a globed up block of text...