Weapon check: LC3 Jaguar

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Lazaruz, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Lazaruz

Hey, I just finished my Weapon check for the LC3 Jaguar and was looking to get some constructive feedback on the "review" format and the video in general. The quality might be on the poor side, but it's the best I can do with what I currently have. You'll also have to excuse my spoken English, as it's not my native language :) Hope you enjoy...

• Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

Well, you asked for it.
    Don't read in-game stats.
    Most people want from a review an opinion on a gun, not to listen to someone reading its stats.
    Quickly mentioning them is fine, or just leave a screenshot floating for a few seconds, so whoever wants to, can just pause the video and look stats up.
    Mention the weapon's weak and strong sides, try to convey how you feel the gun handles itself, what its effective ranges are, those kind of things.

Video quality isn't the most important thing about a review, but if you really care about it, I suggest checking Wrel's video on recording/rendering in perfect quality.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cromell

Your english is fine, didn't have any trouble understanding you at any point. The review is a little bit lackluster compared to other youtubers, though. The competition is strong, but the more solid reviews are out there, the better for players that look for useful information about guns they're about to buy. That being said, you should try to make your reviews more compelling, unique. Just so viewers feel like subscribing and following you on youtube.

Useful insights, examples of tactics and situations the gun would excel at, humorous commentary, interesting montage... you still lack some of those, but you're going in the right direction, keep at it!
    • Up x 1
  4. Lazaruz

Thanks for the feedback. I was hesitant to do weapon stuff at all, since there are already so many in depth reviews out there. But I thought I would just stick to quick overviews (around 3 minutes) that people could watch and get a general idea of the feel/style of the weapon in question, as opposed to a full blown 8-10 minute review. But I'll see how it shapes up as time passes...

Thank you. Yeah, I figured as much when I was watching the clip myself... I'll skip reading the stats next time.
    As far as the quality goes, I'm amazed I can even record and play on the setup I currently have. So I'll just have to squeeze by until I get a hardware upgrade.

Currently I'm just doing this as a hobby and a way to learn some video and audio editing, but that doesn't mean I don't want to improve.
    So I appreciate the feedback :)
  5. Iridar51

I'd still recommend you check that Wrel's guide, (youtube.com/WarpathWrel i think), he uses DXtory with some lossless codec I forgot the name of. Supposedly it's much less resource hoggy than Fraps, and records in better quality than planetside.