"we will be buffing the scythe nose guns as part of a larger ESF update in a few weeks."

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightningWolfTigrBer, May 7, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/331889969033539584

[IMG]

I hope they don't do anything other than increase the bullet velocities a bit, I don't want to see a bunch of "Scythe OP" threads after this. Also hope the Reaver nosegun alignment fix makes it to live before or at least at the same time as this does, as that has been a more noticeable problem for a far greater length of time. Wonder what other balance changes will be in store with this "larger ESF update".
    • Up x 15
  2. DashRendar

Completely agree with your sentiments.
  3. TheArchetype

I hate that nosegun thing with the Reaver. I usually just use the lowest point of the ring under the dot but it's frustrating that they haven't fixed this yet.
  4. Nogrim313

you will see the Scythe OP threads regardless, hell i give it an hour before this thread becomes one. but i agree some projectile speed buffs are all they really need, the damage is fine its actually hitting something with it that is the problem
  5. Doodles89

As someone whose flown all 3 ESFs, the balance is some of the best it's been in a while. I can no longer decide a clear winner anymore. Reavers can use hover to encircle opponents almost faster than the enemy can pitch, the mossie comes with a natural dogfighting frame and superfast nose gun (my favorite), and the scythe just feels overall balanced, EXCEPT for the slow velocity.

TBH, bump the scythe by only 50 (it's currently 100 slower than the other 2, but it has the middle ground DPS, Reaver with highest, mossie slowest. So the scythe will still have the slowest velocity, but more in line with the DPS difference.
  6. VinLAURiA

I agree with the bullet velocities, especially due to my Light PPA. I'm fine with the low rate of fire because the shots themselves are pretty powerful, but good Christ the slow projectiles; they make dogfighting nearly impossible.
  7. Nogrim313

i like using the ppa in an anti ground role (the splash is quite nice against infantry more like a esf lasher honestly) the speed doesnt bother me as much as the RoF in this situation especially since it makes you so obvious a target with the glowing orbs (letting other ESF's know you cant dog fight for **** with it)
    • Up x 1
  8. MrDerpAssault

Imo, what the scythe only need is a bullet velocity buff. For the reaver, it needs a fix for the nose gun. And for the mossy, nothing, since it's fine for what it is.
  9. MrDerpAssault

The PPA doesn't need any velocity buff since it's suppose to be a AI weapon. If they buff the velocity, then it won't be a AI weapon anymore, and it shouldn't be good against other ESFs. As for the AH, I think they should remove the ability to kill other ESFs, instead, they should buff for AI purposes.

This is my opinion. Let's see how the ESF change in the upcoming update.
  10. ItsJustDash

ESF UPDATE!?!?!?!
  11. QuakerOatsMan

Hopefully they consider giving fuel pods certable options so people actually have a dilemma deciding between A2A or A2G instead of having both.
    • Up x 3
  12. ZaebashySoSOE

Returning nerfed Mosquito Rotary and Tomcat rockets to original state will be good too.
  13. LightningWolfTigrBer

I'm with ya, man. I mean, Scythes already have their phasing technology.

Anything more than a slight velocity buff would be overkill.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

I hope they add a haxsaw equivalent of the AH. Preferably dual wieldable.
  15. Thentar

With your video...you do realise you were disconnected from the server right? I really wouldn't call that a bug.
  16. LightningWolfTigrBer

Couldn't have been, everyone in the warpgate could see me. One said he was recording on Twitch. Fun stuff, laughs were had.
  17. Thentar

Ah so you are right...missed the few people moving around in the beginning of the video. How did you get your scythe there to start with? Lots of repairing while wiggling through the little bit where the lift is?
  18. LightningWolfTigrBer

It was like I said in the description, I was cruising around when the game stuttered for a second and then everything started rendering strangely, sometimes not at all. Up until the end of the video I could pass through most terrain, though I didn't try my luck with trees. Everything went back to normal after a few minutes and then the same thing happened again shortly after. Those two instances were the only times I experienced the bug, and both times were at the VS warpgate. Definitely one of the stranger bugs I've run into.
  19. JudgeDeath

Woohoo this is great !
    Maybe we finally will have balanced ESF guns <3 Unless ofc it means that ours gets raised to current standard and NC&TR gets buffed the same time ....
  20. GSZenith

brb getting more lockons.
    maxing out timmer for max.
    getting tomcats.
    getting more lockons.