[Suggestion] We need more people to use voice packs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slamz, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Slamz

One thing that annoys me with Planetside is that most people still use the same default voice. Few people seem to want to buy the voice packs.

This suggestion is not because I want a free voice. I already bought 2. I am a crazy person.

This suggestion is because I'm tired of hearing everyone ELSE use the same default voice. I want to hear more variety out there.

Easy fix #1:
    Anyone at any subscription level has all voices unlocked. If your subscription ends you go back to default. You can still purchase voice packs to keep them forever, subscribed or not, but active subscribers can use any of them.

Easy fix #2:
    Anyone at any subscription level gets 1 free voice pack, subject to the limits above. It's just a perk for being subscribed. Unlock any 1 voice. If you later want a different one, you'll have to buy it.

Easy fix #3:
    Your first voice pack costs 100 station cash. Any further are full price.

Easy fix #4:
    Just lower the price of voice packs so more people buy them. You would probably sell 4x as many just by cutting the price in half. Everyone wins! Yay efficient capitalism!

C'mon Sony. Lets get some more voices out there.
  2. NoctD

The original voice packs still sound the best to me. I hate all the other voice packs, hate hearing them, and why should I bother/care cause they all sound so bad?

Cosmetics sell - the ones that sell the most are the ones that look good. Voice packs would sell just well and fine - but first they need to get some proper voice talent to do them.
    • Up x 2
  3. Archiadus

In order to get players to purchase the voice-packs they need to be able to play the game, to play the game it has to be stable, for the game to be stable it means that the bugs, errors and glitches have to be fixed so I suggest they start there. :)
    • Up x 9
  4. Slamz

That too. I would love to see more / better packs.

My feeling is they aren't bothering because the current ones don't sell. "Oh well, I guess nobody wants voice packs!"

Also, voice packs are one of the more expensive cosmetic options, which isn't helping.
  5. Pikachu

I wish more used them too. Of all those NC players who bought one it seems 80% bought the daredevil, like myself. :L
    • Up x 1
  6. Tito

daredevil the best
  7. Slamz

I bought the one that sounds quite a bit like Brock Samson. Grizzled? Not home to check the name. I liked it.

And then the Comrade pack. Because TR. I actually find it a little bit annoying but, you know, Comrade Pack. TR. Whaddya gonna do.

It IS nice to do small squad stuff with different voice packs. When it's my voice pack, my friend's female avatar and my other friend's default male voice, we all know who just did a voice since none of us sound the same.

Sony needs to just suck it up and cough up the dough for like a dozen new voice packs and then sell them at a price that people will actually pay.
  8. FateJH

9. Jac70

Because I hadn't spent any money on the game in about 18 months I got VS Stalwart today because he is 'no ***** givern'. Membership people get 500sc a month so they can buy a pack anytime they want.
  10. Nogrim313

$12.50 for a voice is b.s. and they know it, some of them are cool, but they aren't $12.50 cool, if they were $5 theyre a maybe.
    i cant understand how they can still sell this stuff at these overinflated prices
  11. Axehilt

Definitely happy with Sentinel (VS) and Renegade (NC). Wasn't a fan of the TR ones this time around.

Now I always feel like my NC char is about to say "This is Jimmy!"

I sort of wish they redesigned them so team-related ones only played for your own faction and were louder and only the ones like the taunt played for the enemy. Mostly it's dumb that for people without mics (not me, but others) they can't actually just request medic/repairs/etc without nearby enemies knowing.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

it distracts, since enemy stalker could use voice packs, so you never know, enemy or just rich teammate
  13. cruczi

The voice packs are still different enough that you could learn to recognize the faction from any of them
  14. Slamz

That's the rather obvious problem:

They don't sell them, at least not in any real volume. I wonder what the actual numbers are..... just by hearing people in game I'd guess 95% of active characters are using the default voice.

I just want to hear some variety out there.
  15. DrPapaPenguin

There's no way I'm throwing all that money to the wind.
  16. TheKhopesh

I bought every NC male VP to date (Paid full price on the daredevil and two new ones, and got the rest on 50% off sales).

My favorite so far is the Arnold Schwarzenegger one just for the hilarity of it. ;)
  17. MotionBlured

I bought 1 when it was on sale for 250~ SC, which is what I feel they're worth.
  18. NinjaTurtle

Make them cheaper and I would.

I have 400 SC left over with nothing I want to spend it on I'd pay the rest towards one of the VS voice packs, they are by far the best added last patch
  19. BiggggBRIM

Other than the VS packs, the new voice packs are hilarious alright. Hilariously bad and overpriced. I personally feel that SOE should open up voice packs to the player studio.
  20. Arkenbrien

There is no way I'm am spending 15 dollars for anything so unrewarding as a voice pack. I know some people with deeper pockets shelled that out, but I wouldn't pay that if I were making 100$/hour. It's just too expensive. 5$ and I'll consider.