we need creative thoughts on dealing with hacking in this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by runtt, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runtt

First of all they EXIST in this game and in higher numbers they you may think.
    Problem areas : soe does not have the manpower to deal with it 24/7
    soe seems unwilling to ban players for hacking
    punkbuster and like programs will be bypassed by hackers and or cause lag for players
    the hacks that are being used are subtle and good amount of players dont even know

We need solutions with these problem areas kept in mind.
    • Up x 1
  2. Silver Fox

Where are all these hackers that people see all the time? I'm not saying they aren't out there, but where are they? I've played on Connery since two weeks after release, and I can honestly say that I've seen two hackers.

There probably have been others during that time, but they haven't even come close to ruining the game for me.
    • Up x 6
  3. Mekeji

Explain the hacks you are coming across.

I know that most of the time in FPS "hacker" is just another word for "that guy is better than me and I don't like it"

I haven't seen any hackers however I have seen a guy die as a MAX and then get rezed but his body stayed on the ground making it really hard to hit him. That was a bug though not a hack.
  4. KoS-1

You probably would never know if someone was hacking. People could be running a map hack and you wouldn't know it.

It's too easy to run hacks in this game. Personally I find the map hack more insidious than most other hacks.

I guarantee you, if someone is running a map hack. SoE won't lift a finger until a more blatant hack is used. I know one person on our server did the same thing. He ran a map hack all the time, nothing done. But as soon as he used another hack, think, teleport rounds to a location, he was done. Well, done with that account, he made another and is still playing.
    • Up x 1
  5. Axehilt

As player skill decreases, perceived hacking of other players increases. At minimal player skill, every opponent is seen as a hacker.

Doesn't mean they're actually hacking. A handful are. The overwhelming majority aren't.
    • Up x 2
  6. Plunutsud pls

Hackers are OP, SOE pls nerf

This is the first fps where I have not seen a single obvious hacker, like aimbotting and running/shooting through walls.

So where are all these subtle hackers? How do you know they are hacking and they are large in numbers? Sounds like paranoia to me.
    • Up x 2
  7. Silver Fox

There probably are a few people who use subtle hacks. But if they are so subtle that they don't change the flow of the battle enough to be noticed, I can't really say that I care.

Why get paranoid about it?
    • Up x 1
  8. ShortRovnd

I've seen that too, but I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

I also would like OP to explain how they know about the extent of hackers.

I've played since Beta and I can't say I've EVER encountered a hacker!
  9. Paragon Exile

The worst I've seen was a TR MAX flying around like a plane, taking potshots at us (and missing). Sometimes I get a /yell saying somebody is using a hack, but I've honestly never had a problem with hackers. SOE has done an excellent job keeping the game clean.
    • Up x 4
  10. Pikachu

Yesterday I saw a venu infiltrator on Cobalt running at super high speed. On the road east of Tawrich.
  11. Vikarius

not all hacks are shoot through walls..... fly through the air..... super speed.... automatic OHKO headshots every round fired.

There are tons of hackers in this game using things like ESP....
    And more subtle functions you will find in pay2use aim bots like *Aim assist* / *sticky targeting*

Hell there are pple who use those 2 functions, record themselves using them, and even post those videos on these very forums and guess what pple give them props for their "skill". Some of these pple have been doing it since launch with no ban. It takes more or less an eye for what to look for on both sides of the fence to tell they are hacking (As in the victim and watching them on video/stream)
    • Up x 3
  12. ironeddie

I don't think that there are many blatant hackers.

Probably a lot of subtle hackers but then of those a fair number are probably just good players.

It's a never ending battle soe or any other publisher can not win. There will always be players who cheat. Creating and selling cheats it's a multi million dollar business for heavens sake.

Personally I think it's kept to an acceptable level is ps2. I'm not overly concerned.
  13. Paragon Exile

Do you have any evidence of this?
  14. NinjaTurtle

We could track where they live and send a bunch of big dudes round to visit them.

I recommend pouring honey down their pants and then putting a swarm of bees down afterwards
  15. runtt

your on every hacking thread denying hacks , why ?
    • Up x 2
  16. Hegeteus

Whenever a hacker thread is made, people come in a way call OP a noob who claims everyone is a hacker. I'm not 100% on topic myself, but OP was asking for countermeasure ideas rather than biased generalizing rants.

OP only said that there's more hackers than people think and it can't be too wrong if people here basically think they don't exist.

E: Please don't reply to this without anything constructive.
  17. KoS-1

I'm not paranoid. Just realistic. I know not everyone does, but there are times I wonder about people.

And after seeing what a map hack can give a person. Frankly, it makes it easy mode and virtual unnoticeable so long as the person doesn't abuse it.
  18. Paragon Exile

All of two of them?

It's because they're not a problem, and never have been. You're addressing an issue that doesn't exist.
  19. Silver Fox

If a map hack is what some people need to feel like they can play, so be it. They aren't ruining my day. The fight goes on.

I support endeavors to limit hacking, but I'm certainly not going to go on a witch hunt. You aren't going to catch them all - you could spend the rest of your life trying to. It's best just to sit back and enjoy the game.
  20. dciz2legit

Op is right! Most use just esp and are closet hackers so they don't get caught also its true how some people post video on here that look vary suspicious. Most hackers set their aimbot key on left click button so all they have to do is look at the target and shoot....so the guys that kill u incredibly fast from 40+ or get killed by the same guy more then 3x !!!they hacking!!!!

Also hackers also use tactics on the forums and troll threads like these claiming there is no hacking. ....which is a big fat lie....
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.