We need An all Nighttime Continent.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AmericanEmpire, Jun 2, 2015.

1. AmericanEmpire

Embrace the Shadows...
  2. Alizona

Don't change a good thing. The day/night cycle is an extremely nice change of pace. It's also done very well in terms of length of time, it's not too short of a transition and not too long either. Once it goes nighttime, you can change tactics and know that it isn't a race against time before you have to change back. And vice versa.
  3. 00000000000000000000

No we don't. We don't NEED any new continents, we want them.

Though I personally don't want an all nighttime continent. I can hear the whining already.

"Vanu only continent."
    "Vanu camo OP."
    etc.

Continents I WOULD like to see are:
    Searhus: Nuff said

"Urban" continent: A continent where at least 33% of it is covered in a massive collection of cramped buildings. Outlying terrain could be slums and whatever auraxis has for "suburbia"
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

You're fishing for hate? :confused:
    • Up x 1
  5. Leftconsin

Talking to people on teamspeak leads me to believe that day/night is very bugged and there is a decent chance someone out there will have a day sky box while most others have night.

As for all night continent, we do. It is called Hossin.
  6. AmericanEmpire

NIGHT TIME NAOW!
  7. Grumblefern

I just turn brightness up every time it's night. It's fun for single player games but in a PvP multiplayer FPS when visibility is far from a level playing field due to graphic options it's not very fun.
  8. Alizona

Seriously? I don't use voice chat when I play. Maybe I'll just start asking random people in the chat box, "Is it day or night on your screen right now?" If your speculation is correct, that would be rather interesting, to say the least - you think you've got a natural camouflage cloaking of nighttime, and meanwhile it's broad daylight on your opponent's end and he can see you plain as, well, day? LOL OMG I sure hope you're wrong about this one, wow.
  9. Liewec123

they should let us set the time in the ini file, so if you masochists want perma-night you can go ahead,
    the rest of us can set perma-day :)
  10. Jbrain

I just want an option to see vanu.
  11. Armcross

Go to Hossin
  12. Korban

That's impossible! The planet Auraxis is not tidally locked.
  13. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

On my setup it seems that if I select my gpu as the cuda processor I get strange night/day changes but, if I change the option off, making the cuda gpu = none, for PS2 the issue is either gone or not noticeable. A few weeks ago jumping back and forth on a long distance jump pad was changing night/day back and forth..... it was after a clean driver install and I hadn't configured the control panel... it was tripping me out. If it's not coincidental, I suspect it's due to the PhysX compatibility with PS2 or something.
  14. HadesR

2 people
    Both Vanu
    Playing hide and seek

Sounds fun :)

But the data they got from H1Z1 and night's would make it highly unlikely that it's something they would ever consider ..
  15. Shadowomega

Koltyr was recently set to perma day.

Though if they do add Searhus and a cave system we might just get some dark areas.

As for those saying they would adjust the brightness on their monitor that won't work if they use shaders to create the night effect.
  16. BloodyG

Continent Population:

NC: 0%
    TR: 0%
    VS:100%

Damn that would be fun :confused:
  17. FateJH

Koltyr is where the Indar moon goes to change into a sun.
    [IMG]
  18. Pikachu

My pic. :) Its from Indar, standing on the top of Crossroads I think. Anyway the lazy guy who left it like that should not be doing the daycycle for maps. Same ugly sun-moon transitions are found in vr, amerish and hossin to a lesser extent. Really how hard is it to make the sun go below sea level before having the moon texture start showing?
  19. Pikachu

There are Searhus cave tunnel walls in the files and there is a skyfile for Searhus caves.
  20. Pikachu

True but the planet already have wacky astronomical features. Visible planers in the sky that are illuminated from different directions, none of the facing the sun.