We need a Sanc!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iMartyr, Dec 4, 2012.

1. iMartyr

Devs,
    the game has been out for a couple weeks now and i'm already encountering too much repetition in continent fights.
    I can tell you exactly how a fight will start and end on each continent due to empire specific habbits.

We need empire sanctuaries like classic planetside where each empire has a warpgate to ONE continent, NOT all three. with each gate on each continent warping to one other.

This will allow us to mobilize together
    redeploy
    create a sense of ownership
    start raids
    and ultimately change the flow of battle

i am begging you to implement this or something similar or the fights will become so mundane you will lose players.

iMartyr
  2. Meurtos

Kinda hard with only three continents..
  3. Codek

An out of the way sanctuary continent won't be added. It gives too much downtime to players wanting a quick fight. The WG sancs work well enough as rally points.

As for the other part, only one continent to which you have a permanent WG, as the PS 1 homeconts were, AFAIK that is scheduled to be added once there are a few more continents to fight over. As long as we only have 3 it isn't very practical yet.
  4. Craeshen

sanc is a good thing from a server load perspective it ships all the inactive people who are screwing around in the wg sanc off continent. I cannot count the number of times I login and there's 100 people sitting in the wg sanc doing a whole lot of sweet **** all other than shooting the walls endlessly.
    • Up x 1
  5. Syhen

I agree with Craeshen. Not sure if the guys in the warpgate are just waiting around to deploy or just taking up space and inflating the numbers but I see way to many just standing there shooting at each other and the walls and not moving out. I would like the sanctuary ideas when they add more continents but right now with only 3 it would not work out well.
  6. Codek

But it also adds an easy 5 to 10 minutes to mobilizing a fast response force when your continent is being invaded and you need to be fast to force the enemy to attack elsewhere. Not to mention all the "how do i get to the fight?" that's going to be spammed by newbies.

The bad outweighs the good for dedicated sanc continents IMO.
  7. Syhen

you get to the fight the same way you do now. Hit M, see where the action is, hit deploy. or use the map terminal to go to a world you are connected to.
  8. Tharrak

They should look at it after we got three new continents. That feels like a good number to start to push for Sanctuaries. And then they can make a real tutorial taking place there.

Or maybe it's time to examine what goes in that drink on the table. Whatever feels most prudent. :p

---
  9. MattClassic

Just rotate the warpgates every week.