We have a long term goal to remove some of the excessive lethality in the game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheFamilyGhost, Aug 10, 2014.

1. TheFamilyGhost

Did anyone else catch that in the update notes?

Wow.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kirbs

Yes we did see it, that is why there are many threads discussing it over the last few days. Also, you havn't really stated why you feel its "Wow". Is that Wow as in "i can't wait for this to happen" or "Wow why would they do that?"

Come one man put some effort into your posts and make these forums better then a twitter feed in terms of discussion.
    • Up x 8
  3. Fellgnome

I'm assuming they mean instant kills and/or stuff that easily farms groups of infantry - bulldog gals might be getting a liberator treatment soon I'd assume, for one example.
  4. Pikachu

Wut where? I don't see such thing being said. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  5. LT_Latency

Good, One vehicle shouldn't be able to show up and kill 40 people in 10 seconds.

That was the problem with liberators before
    • Up x 3
  6. TheFamilyGhost

Good point.

The "wow" comes from an extreme, "why would they do that" feeling. Making games easier (to me) is contrary to why games exist in the first place.

It is the exact same thing as feeding a person that refuses to work.
  7. TheFamilyGhost

Why? What if those 40 people put themselves in the position and the liberator simply capitalized on the mistake?
  8. doombro

"We know how much you guys on forumside like nerfing things, so, we're going to nerf everything! Yay!"
  9. TheFamilyGhost

I know... sad. What happened to the gamers?
  10. LT_Latency

Because one liberator could pin down 70 people and force them all to hide in buildings. No one one wants to stand around on AA duty hopeing a plane might show up then watch it fl.

Before you switched over to AA battles were already over. One thing should not be able to to do that much. Bring more liberators if you want to do it
    • Up x 1
  11. Alzir

OP, I think what the devs are trying to say, without actually saying it, is that they have a commitment to reducing farming playstyles by nerfing farmer tools.
    • Up x 2
  12. TheFamilyGhost

Ok, so because you or your team refuses to do what it takes to defeat it, you should be rendered less vulnerable. An unopposed enemy air unit should not be able to influence what happens under its guns.

AAA batteries work great if you spawn them at a smart place (the next base in most circumstances), and then maneuver them into battle under your terms; not the liberator's.

"Standing around on AAA duty" is your fault, not the game's. Get out of turrets. They don't move, and suffer from what every fortification has suffered from since day one: lack of options.

C'mon, admit it. You're hungry, and you want to eat, but you refuse to do the upfront work that eating requires.
  13. TheFamilyGhost

Without sheep, there would be no farmers.

If your assumption is true, then they are hurting the game immensely in the favor of those who aren't smart enough to keep from being farmed.
  14. LT_Latency

When you give ground troops the ability to instantly shoot 20 planes out of the sky with a single unit. You can have it back

But i bet you going to here alot of tears about it from piolots
  15. Plunutsud pls

16. LT_Latency

We don't have the fire power. That is the point.

It's ok for one side to have that kind of fire power but not the others side.

It ok if my side can kill 40 units supers fast with a single unit...................But their side better not get that kind of fire power??? Come on
  17. TheFamilyGhost

Every player that comes to these forums needs to stand up and defend the gaming aspect.

Gamers remained silent when the pin-pricks to gaming integrity started.

Now is the time to stand up and say, "Enough. Games have winners and losers. The losers have to figure out how to be winners, not convince the game-gods to remove the winners".
    • Up x 1
  18. ColonelChingles

Good, One infantry shouldn't be able to show up and kill a 400 resource vehicle in 1 second.

That was the problem with infantry before

:p

Seriously though, the Devs said that they would also be nerfing infantry v. vehicle damage (we'll wait and see on that one) as well as infantry v. infantry damage.

If TTK's are going to go up at the same percentage rate across the board (ie if it takes 200% more time for a tank to kill an infantry player then it also takes 200% more time for an infantry player to kill a tank) then that's not a bad thing in my opinion. But if the TTK percentage changes are uneven (ie if it takes 200% more time for a tank to kill an infantry player but it only takes 10% more time for an infantry player to kill a tank) then that would worsen the balance between the various units in the game.
  19. Jalek

20. TheFamilyGhost

BS. One skyguard can clear the skies quite quickly.

Also, not to be offensive...you need to educate yourself in combined arms warfare. Asymmetry, to an uneducated or juvenile mind, is confounding. You need to educate yourself and understand the tenets of combined arms warfare.

I am betting that you're trying to fight from the spawn instead of from good deployment. This can easily lead to imagining that the situation is hopeless. Why? Because from the spawn, it is.