Way to **** up the aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Nov 28, 2015.

1. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Why does my Reaver roll like a piece of **** now. Flight mechanics are all ***** up my joystick is useless!!
  2. FateJH

I remember way back when we were asking for proper joystick support from this game.
    Did we ever get that?
  3. TheFlamingLemon

Tried messing with sensitivities and other settings?
  4. Obstruction

no, a while ago there was a problem introduced where the roll function of gamepad/joystick has been reduced to 50% of normal value or less. it makes using a controller for flight unplayable, and requires the old workaround to binding gamepad axes to keypresses; for example with X-Padder or Logitech Profiler. it's a bug, and of course it's been around for like 2 or 3 months now.
  5. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

So you can fix it with xpadder or profiler ? which one easier ?
  6. Obstruction

xpadder is easier, the profiler is only for logitech gamepads. the way you 'fix it' is by using xpadder to assign WASD and Mouse to your thumbstick axes: the program will handle the gamepad instead of Planetside 2. it's not as smooth as it was when PS2 had working gamepad support, but it works well enough to fly competitively.
  7. WALLAC3

this has been broken since September. Numerous postings. Daybreak doesn't care.