Waterson TR: Now you know how it feels.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 11, 2013.

1. MrMisantropy

My main is a VS on Mattherson and started playing a different faction on another server because there are too many VS players. Every Alert I've taken part in is entirely one-sided and lacks challenge. I often get ran over more by my own side than getting killed by the enemy players. If there was an option to transfer characters even if i had to change my character's name I would have done it already. These one sided servers are boring. SOE please address this issue, I like this game but population imbalances take most of the fun and all of the challenge out of it.
  2. Spartan 117

Pretty much. Last week or two I generally log on, look at the world population, see we are outnumbered by 30-40%, collect 48 passive certs & complete 5 daily ribbons, log out. The "target rich environment" argument holds no weight when you are locked in spawn/warpgate with 20 MBT pointing turrets at entrance, with liberator/ESF overhead, along with snipers surrounding you at every angle, along with countless hordes of enemy troops just waiting for you to take 1 step outside spawn shields.

I'll likely continue to do so until Lattice system is added or until they address population/4th empire issues.
  3. Jachim

*posts on a forum crying about how poorly outnumbered the VS are*
    *gets post slapped in face by opposing faction*
    *uses useless (capping a continent always, ALWAYS requires a giant numerical advantage, or an alliance with another faction. Always.) and fake statistics (First to cap 3? Sure pre magrider nerf lol) to claim how non-bad they just are*
  4. SlingBlade

We were actually the first, probably in the entire world to cap all 3 continents with 33% server population during prime time and nearly full server. We didn't have some huge population advantage. We just had significant cooperation back then between all major outfits as well as good zerg herding. There wasn't any sort of alliance, we were taking on both fronts at the same time.

It was during the first double xp weekend(i believe on the saturday, so it was busy even at 3pm). The servers were flooded with people and the server population was even. We captured Indar at approx 3pm est, Esamir around 6pm est and then Amerish around 8pm est. Sure this was done pre magrider nerf but the servers were either full or nearly full and we capped all 3 continents, you guys haven't gotten anywhere even close to that.
    • Up x 2
  5. Skullface360

YOU ARE FUNNY, more comedy please, because obvious enjoyment of the game is being on the WINNING team 100% of the time. Thus this player has no Vanu character because NC an TR have the most pop and that = win. So funny, no actually, sad. No challenge, no balls, no glory.
  6. Ash87

...And this is why Waterson Sucks.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Of your so tired of being on the losing team on waterson, switch to tr. simple solution.
  8. MorganM

Oh jeez by like 1 to 3 % and it's not every day. TR and NC are neck and neck for population during prime time.

The VS are always 10 to 20 % lower than both TR and NC.
    • Up x 1
  9. MorganM

I'm consistently impressed by VS performance. They are ALWAYS out numbered but rarely out gunned. You guys are coordinated and effective.

Well played sirs, well played indeed.
    • Up x 3
  10. NightmareP69

Waterson is probably the bigest joke server in the game, i made a TR there for a few days and it's terrible i hardly managed to even kil anything because there no VS or NC players to shoot at. TR is stupidly overpopulated in that server, VS and NC are struggling to fight while 90% of the TR population is busy being bored to death because theres nothing to shoot at.
  11. MorganM

To all the TR scrubs telling ppl to switch to TR....
    S
    T
    F
    U

You witless, knuckle dragging, imbeciles!

People should be switching to VS. The TR and NC have more than enough. I want more competition not more platoons rolling around sitting at empty facilities watching timers count down.
  12. Lance007

To gloat.
  13. TomaHawk

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened by shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine."
  14. Lance007

You sound like a guy who would kill a baby to get what you want......victory. By any means possible.
  15. ScrapyardBob

1. Bring back the server-level XP bonus and stack it with the continent-level XP bonus. It wouldn't fix the issue, but it would help. Raise the cap from 50% on per-continent XP bonus to +100%. Someone who is willing to play as the underdog could be making +100% to +150% XP. This is largely aimed at the 4th faction folks who switch based on XP earning potential.

2. Under-populated factions should be shown as preferred choices during character creation. So if you pick "Vanu", servers like Waterson should be at the top of the list. Over-populated server factions should be hidden. So by default, unless you pick "show all servers", trying to create a TR character would suggest any server other then Waterson.

3. Add (modest) incentives for players to create under-pop faction characters on those servers. Such as a +50% XP boost for the first 20 battle-ranks or first 14 days. Or 200 free certs.

4. Offer free inter-server transfers from overpop'd factions to servers where their faction is not as over-pop'd. Talk to a few of the mid-sized outfits on the over-pop'd server and see whether they're willing to move their outfit.
    • Up x 1
  16. DiveXx

1. 50% more exp per 10% less population for the underpopulated faction seems good and not the tiny 5% or whatever.

2. Yep, that's a great suggestion i support this :)

3. I would limit the XP bonus more to max. 7, 14 days is too long imo. But a good idea.

4. That won't ever happen, i know this and you know it, even though it would be a good thing.
  17. Obscura

Lol I have a dozen screenshots showing TR pops at different times of the day in the past 2 weeks, and also showing how the TR despite having a giant world pop advantage, couldn't cap a SINGLE continent for 4 days straight. You ***** and moan and cry about a supposed "faction alliance" but yet you have absolutely 0 proof except for anecdotal ********.

Go back to your hole MR. Faceless,nameless,outfitless, random scrub on the gameplay forums.
  18. InMedeasRage

And if this weren't about a game everyone should have an equal shot at enjoying, I'd still want to smack you. What a load of tripe.
  19. VinLAURiA

He's probably read Playing to Win, the freak.
  20. TomaHawk

Don't play angry! Instead, find the door to your mother's basement, go outside, and listen to the birds in the air and feel the air across your face!

you can do it!