Waterson TR: Now you know how it feels.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 11, 2013.

1. InMedeasRage

"Getting trapped in our warpgate isn't fun" "60% population for a continent lock isn't skill" "We got rolled over by a double team!" "They had more people than us, the continent lock was inevitable"

These are the sentiments that really, really give us VS players a profound sense of schadenfreude. Luckily, you had two other continents you could fight over. Your server pop was high enough that you could sustain a fight on Amerish AND Esamir with a hundred or more pubs still goofing on Indar as VS capped it. We haven't had that luxury in months. We don't have to complain about a double team, you double our population on most continents during most hours of the day.

The feeling of getting steamrolled by superior numbers? Yeah, we feel that every day on the non-prime continents (so not-Indar or not wherever the Alert is) and on every continent in non-prime time.

Maybe some of you would like to roll with the VS now? Even things up? Make it fun again on Waterson for every faction?
    • Up x 10
  2. Tekuila

What's the point of this thread?
    • Up x 11
  3. InMedeasRage

Do you want an abstract with that thesis or will a TL;DR suffice?
    • Up x 4
  4. Jaeger TR player

I agree with the OP, that the population inequality is not pleasant for the VS.

I do not agree that 2 wrongs make a right.

OP, give me an account that matches all the non-transferable SC I've dumped into my TR toon and 13k certs and I'll switch.
    • Up x 3
  5. Tekuila

You realize that NC has the biggest pop during prime time?
    • Up x 2
  6. InMedeasRage

I've been banging on about just this for two weeks now. The passive XP gain system is a bust, people aren't switched over. Premium members with 6 month subs are getting double XP every day playing for the Sovereignty. An active solution (paid faction defection, free faction defection to the faction with the lowest pop, etc) is desperately needed.
    • Up x 1
  7. InMedeasRage

LoL wut? Which prime time are you on for, or are you another one of those people who only looks at the continent pops and not the server pop?
  8. Tekuila

Yawn.
  9. Liquid23

I wasn't on for it and by the time I do get on the TR will have taken everything back... it will be back to good old pounding the VS because of their smaller numbers and pounding the NC because of there uhhh... can't say that on the forums ;)

lol in the EST primetime they do... generally not by a lot... and not every single day... but most days
  10. Accuser

The real solution for the OP is to switch to TR.
    Then you get to win for real, instead of this silly vindictive jubilation over neutralizing a continent.
    • Up x 3
  11. Delekoth

Medea's Name is shockingly accurate.
  12. IvanDrago

Neutralizing, and then having it handed over to you on a silver platter by the NC.
  13. Obscura

Except we didn't just neutralize it, we capped the *****. And if holding 1 out of 3 continents at a time with superior population is "winning for real" then the TR have set their standards quite low.
    • Up x 2
  14. Paisty

Your bragging that VS negotiated a deal with NC to allow VS to cap indar without a fight?

TR left Indar to the other 2 factions, we got neutralized, we stepped aside. NC and VS had almost 11 platoons within a couple hexes of each other at that point.

Then you cut a deal?

Why the hell would anyone want to join VS on Waterson now? To be the lapdogs/reserves of the NC and once in awhile be tossed a bone?
    • Up x 1
  15. IvanDrago

The NC gave it to you in exchange for Esamir. If they had actually fought for it instead of striking a deal (and a bad one at that), you would not have taken Indar.
  16. VinLAURiA

I have to agree about how us VS on Waterson have been really feeling the heat for the past few months, though I can't really comment on how the TR are supposedly being pushed back because it still seems like they have the highest population whenever I'm on. Nevertheless, the real solution would be making everything as close to 33-33-33 as possible... as sweet as revenge is.

In any case, we Waterson VS can still kick *** at 20% population, so we don't need everyone else at a disadvantage.
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

At 5:30am today the TR had the VS down to just the mesa skydock and VS held the entire TR/NC army off until the saturday morning support woke up and gave us enough reinforcements to push you back to quartz ridge line..

Props to the VS. Nice hold!

Special note to Xoo. Your defense of indar bay point with squads vs the TR platoon, epic, just fantastically epic defense.

VS is the best faction on waterson hands down. I fear the day when they have even pop, the maps will all be purple.
    • Up x 3
  18. Obscura

Lol is this according to some scenario you've created in your head? Because the NC didn't give us anything, we had to fight them for indar right after we kicked you out. Not to mention they've been trying to take it back since we captured it. Heres a screenshot of a couple hours ago on indar, and if you want I can get another one right in game of the NC controlling esamir and amerish, while the TR currently controls nothing.

Is it hard for you to admit you lost fair and square? Currently, all you and your TR friends keep saying is that the NC and VS are helping each other, but have 0 proof except for some screenshots of 2 VS guys in yell saying " dont attack NC" or some random post saying "my outfit wasn't attacking NC". Ya got beat, grow a pair of nuts and admit it instead of backpedaling and deflecting.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. Accuser

Well enjoy it for the couple of days you hold it. My point still stands. Lasting victory comes from overwhelming numbers... join the side with the most players and enjoy easy and consistent victories.

All this "We only had X% population and fought hard" stuff is meaningless compared to actual victory.
  20. ItsJustDash

Because the TR on Waterson is a titan compared to the VS.
    Hell even the NC has a damn problem fighting off the numbers at off hours because you know the ones across the pond have to flood in late at night :p