Waterson Pop Balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Laraso, May 15, 2013.

1. Laraso

[IMG]
    [IMG]

What's up with the sudden massive spike in TR's population? It's been like this for a few days now. An alert will start up around noon, and the TR will be swarming around all over the place with nearly 70% pop and completely dominate. This is something that just started happening recently, usually the TR and NC pops are pretty balanced.

It's starting to get slightly annoying.
  2. Slyguy65

That is what it used to look like except it was NC for 2 months and still can get like that at nights...
    • Up x 1
  3. Tommyp2006

We moved back to the north indar warpgate. 4th faction came back.

Are we gonna have a new one of these threads every day?
    • Up x 1
  4. Laraso

The warpgate rotation happened weeks ago. I've only started noticing this since the beginning of this week.
    • Up x 2
  5. MFP_TK_01

Here's our daily prime time thread right on schedule.
  6. Boomotang

Seriously....

These people posting these threads are ridiculous....
    • Up x 1
  7. EViLMinD

The TR pop has spiked significantly, lately. During alerts, there have been massive imbalances. NC's pop was never this bad.

What is causing it? 4th factioners, I gather. Euros have always been a problem during the early morning hours.

I like being outnumbered, myself. Gives me more targets, more exp and a tougher fight. THE PROBLEM I have is that most Waterson NC are complete dog crap. They are careless and incompetent.

Last night, I really started to hate my blue brothers. During the alert on Esamir, the bulk of the NC took off to camp Amerish. We owned both continents, but these shameless wastes of space felt it was important to maintain a +70% pop on Amerish. WTF!?! Meanwhile, the TR steamrolled us on Esamir with about a 10-15% pop advantage. So, we lost the alert and then the lock.

GD you failures and your failing failures. Quit blaming the TR for your suckage. The VS manages to kick butt despite their low pops. No more excuses, you weenies. Play better. Play smarter. Come on. Damn it.

Otherwise....

NC pugs - YER ALL FIRED!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  8. Soundmonitor

School is almost over for most of the Students, I guess there is more kids playing on the TR side...
    • Up x 1
  9. Chubzdoomer

I've noticed this as well. Where the hell did all the TR suddenly come from?
  10. Chubzdoomer

Sounds like typical Waterson NC to me. Absolutely pitiful. I've noticed that we're only really competitive with the VS, who consistently have 5-10%+ less population; whereas the TR, even when they have equal rather than more population, perform at least twice as good as us (aka own about twice as much territory). It's gotten so bad that I've seriously considered just playing NC (or another faction) on another server, although the inevitable "Cert Grind" has admittedly held me back almost every time I've prepared to make the move.
  11. ReconTeemo

last night or this early morning for east time, NC had 40% world pop. They had more pop than TR this early morning. I was surprise.
  12. EViLMinD

I don't faction hop. My main NC char is what I play 99.9% of the time. I think this is the best way to go. I keep all my cert-eggs in one powerful basket.

PS2 may not be as RPGish as PS1 (never played it), but I dig being loyal to my team. I'm committed to this pile of blue crap - no matter what. No jumping ship if and when server transfer tickets become available.

Still, I'm losing faith in the NC. We have far too many terrible players. The general lack of situational awareness is absolutely astounding. I've fought enough TR and VS to know that this is true of the NC: we have the most morons.

Freedom deserves better.

(sigh)
  13. CaptainYamerica

NC have too many kids and players that would rather hump vehicles in the warpgate than people who actually want to ptfo.

NC will also try to zerg, but get out-zerged by TR bringing enough libs and mossies to "blot out the sun" while the NC stand around waiting for 10 minutes for a base to cap, instead of progressing to another objective.
  14. JP_Russell

I've noticed it, too. It started out small and quickly ramped up to a huge disparity. Not sure what the deal is. God help us all when they fix the crippling bugs on the Striker, I guess.
  15. CaptainYamerica

It's called the 4th faction. It is what happens when people want ez-moad at all times and are allowed to roll toons on all 3 factions on the same server.
  16. JP_Russell

I don't think the north Indar warpgate alone would do this. The giant imbalances are happening all over the place, sometimes on two continents at once. Similar results were not seen with the Vanu when they had it previously; their overall populations didn't really change any, they simply stuck to Indar more.
  17. Jaeger41

Isn't 2 or 3 pm on the East Coast prime time in Great Britain and Europe?
  18. EViLMinD

Allowing more than one char per server was a bad move by SOE. The cons far outweigh the pros. Forcing players to stick with the char they've invested in is key to making this community strong. It will either weed out the flakes or encourage commitment from the true fans (the ones who will spend the most).

I have three char on Waterson. My VS and TR char are only used in VR for testing. That's all.
    • Up x 1
  19. CaptainYamerica

Oh its more than the North Indar WG. I have a feeling it's a combination of people leaving the server for greener pastures and more TR coming here from servers where TR is low man. But a 4th faction player can switch at any time. So let's say TR pretty much control Esamir, then all of a sudden an Alert breaks out on Amerish, well of course a majority of people will head there, and since traditionally TR win these things, if a huge influx starts to roll in, then that 4th faction player notices it and decides to switch too. not only does it take one from your force, but it gives one to their force, in affect establishing a -2 quotient against your faction and a +2 for theirs. Now, multiply this by... let's play Devil's advocate and say 20... that 20 them becomes 40, etc...

Many people don't see it as a big deal. But it is, especially since TR have had a stranglehold on Waterson since pretty much day 1.

I am sure it is a similar story on multiple servers depending on what their leading faction is. People want to win, get kills and boost their KDR/SPM. If your side is firing more bullets and throwing more bodies you can hide behind, that is a lot easier to achieve.
  20. Kupcake

This has happened on all servers.

4th faction likes the N Indar WG. Justified or not, it is perceived as having the greatest strategic advantage by the broad playerbase.

The real losers here are the VS on servers where they were already underpop. Poor, poor Connery VS.