Warpgate rotation - a brief history

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NovaAustralis, Oct 23, 2013.

1. NovaAustralis

So I'm sure that we can all agree that the North Warpgate of Indar provides considerable advantages to the faction holding it.
    (Namely: defensibility and plenty of hexes for resource flow, etc...)
    I know it's a minor thing, but it still confers an advantage.

I was curious to find out if the Warpgate on Indar rotations have favoured any faction in particular or whether it's been relatively fair.
    As a NC player, I think I've only been in the Indar North Warpgate a couple of times and the most recent visit seemed pretty short-lived (as shown below it was only 19 days...)

I checked through most of the Game Updates and SOE Announcements.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?forums/official-news-and-announcements.19/

I also checked the rotation dates from the PSU Wiki, which somewhat matches my hazy memory:
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Patches

Based on that, here's the history of Indar Warp Gate rotations depicted graphically:

[IMG]

Is this correct?

(I note that there should have been a rotation in April, but I couldn't find any reference and old forum posts indicate that there wasn't one...)
    Also, in the Official News and Announcements section, The Game Updates and Hotfixes aren't structured or highlighted to be able to easily find this info, despite my best efforts)

Do you have more accurate info?

I'd like to know, because there are definite advantages to holding the north Warpgate of Indar.
    Also, the 4th faction tends to shift to the faction who holds it, which leads to population changes too.
    • Up x 18
  2. AlephZed

Don't know about the first rotations right after release but the ones since march look accurate to me and match the dates I found when I looked into it myself. Except one date, It was on july 10th, not july 12th (game update 12).

They should swap NC and VS warp gates next and leave TR in the bottom right for another rotation.
    • Up x 5
  3. Qaz

great work on this!
    • Up x 1
  4. Pikachu

I remember it took long time before first warpgate rotation happened. It was a big surprise to me, and I didn't like it. I was accustomed to the one in the canyons. :L
    • Up x 3
  5. Luighseach

I hated that warpgate till I lost it. Whether or not its crap(for alerts it is not great) it is the best to fly from. Even when they set up burster nests its the most fun with those canyons.
    • Up x 2
  6. daniel696

The continents desigh is wrong, that's why rotation is a problem... they are making the same thing with Hossin...
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

Maps should be hexagon shaped and warpgate positions that of a triangle. :)
    • Up x 3
  8. daniel696

Like Nexus.
    • Up x 1
  9. Teegeeack

Let's just wait and see how long they let the VS keep the north warpgate. I have a funny feeling it'll be more than 19 days.
    • Up x 2
  10. phreec

I still suffer from nightmares of invisible platoons hiding among the cliffs of that death valley...
    • Up x 1
  11. Tommyp2006

If you're upset about how much time we've spent in the North Indar Warpgate now, just wait until continent locking and intercontinental lattice are introduced, and that becomes our permanent home warpgate.
  12. MavCooL

I don't even count but that last 19 days on NC... poor poor NC :rolleyes:
  13. gigastar

So the conclusion isnt that NC need to spend more time in the north Indar warpgate, its that TR need to spend less time up there.
    • Up x 1
  14. Mastachief

Thanks for illustrating what we all knew already. A*
    • Up x 2
  15. y3ivan

back in those days, there werent that many lock-on missiles, and no AV mana turrets, and prowler lockdown buffs, only bursters, dumbfire rockets and magriders to deal with. Most combat involve close to mid range
    • Up x 1
  16. NovaAustralis

Yeah, the south east warp gate (or canyon city) was 'home' for the NC in those first trying months of the game.
    It takes a few days to get the stink of TR and stench of VS out of it whenever we rotate back in... ;)
    • Up x 2
  17. NovaAustralis

Well has anyone else illustrated it?
    (If so please link)

I only did so, because I couldn't find the numbers easily anywhere else.

But I'm glad you appreciate my effort and thanks for your nice comment.
    • Up x 1
  18. SquattingPig

Pretty ridiculous. When the optimization patch comes out VS and NC should switch and TR should be left in the canyons for a long time.
    • Up x 1
  19. AlephZed

VS had as many days in the north warpgate during 2 rotations while it took 3 for the NC to have the same number of days, now vs are on their third and counting up.
    • Up x 1
  20. Xasapis

I think OP is being a bit unfair to the TR by counting rotations from the game's launch. At the time warpgate rotation was not something planned. It would be more interesting to see the rotation dates from the moment they actually started getting implemented.
    • Up x 1