warp gate rotation.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ironeddie

As I understand it gates only rotate when a locked continent unlocks. What happens if I continent doesn't get locked for a long period of time?

I think its conceivable that indar or another could be so constantly fought over that it's never locked. In such an eventuality will warp gates be manually rotated?

Would you want them to be?
  2. Alizona

I don't see how it's gonna work.

To my way of thinking, continents get conquered/locked when there's a dearth (that means a smaller number that normal) of players.

So we're going to lock two continents, and leave the other two open? That means the former players on three continents are now "squeezed" into the remaining two open continents.

So continent population is gonna go up. And that's good, right? Everyone loves those big battles!!

Yeah, but that means hard-fought grinds, tug-of-war back and forth. That's not a recipe for conquering a continent.

If you stuffed every player onto one continent, do you think any one faction could ever conquer it?

It does seem to me, now that I've seen this "continent locking" today, finally... that three continents was perfect. There was always a continent that was lesser populated, and could be conquered in reasonable timely fashion, shorter than the attention span of the average player.

So yeah... I agree that this might not work out so well. We might have continents locked for long periods of time, and that's not what we want. We don't want half the game locked up and unplayable for long streches... do we?

Why not have ONE continent locked at any one time, and have THREE continents playable? Why not that?
  3. FateJH

A "lock continent" Alert will eventually roll around and the said continent will get locked one way or another; and, some previously locked continent will be unlocked.
  4. ironeddie

I suppose thinking about it. Aside from the continent alerts that I had forgotten about (thanks FateJH) off peak play will have a bigger impact and shake the continents up.
  5. Caserion

In my opinion, 2 locked continents is too much. Continental domination can now only happen during off-times, when there are barely people.

Having a maximum of 1 locked continents, allows the concentration of population to be small enough to get a dominating amount of place of one faction to take over a continent. not a infinite stalemate.