Wanting to come back- help please...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Jun 4, 2015.

1. MasterCheef

I left this game almost a year ago, how has it been doing under new management?

I was enjoying the game for the most part when i left (lattice, hossin and all)- has it gotten even better?

1.did we ever get that LA rework?
    2. has it become more p2w?
    3. any major new additions? (classes, continents, game changing vehicles, etc)
    4. does TR still suck? or has things evened out a bit? vanu was overwhelming when i left
    5. still big battles

thanks
  2. Some1

Same old same old as far as I can tell.

1. No
    2. No
    3. Hossin maybe? No new vehicles though they are giving the sund a cloak bubble last I heard.
    4. Still has the same old cookie cutter weapons. As for faction balance I would say its evened out a bit. Depends on when you play.
    5. Thankfully thats still a thing.

Still its probably worth downloading again and checking it out for a bit your self.

Sorry the vehicle thing wasn't accurate as the dude below pointed out a new air vehicle, the Valkyrie, was added. It generally blows and as such is int used all that much other then a cheap sky transport. Supposedly it was originally suppose to be a small open air support vehicle with a turret and rumble seats for dudes but it has no armor and the dudes in the rumble seats usually just get killed more often then not.
    • Up x 1
  3. Alan Kalane

1. No
    2. No
    3. Valkyrie?
    4. TR never sucked, they just have a few ZOE-level weapons you simply don't use.For that matter Striker got nerfed.
    5. From time to time
  4. BrbImAFK

1. Not that I can recall. Maybe it did, but was so underwhelming I can't remember it.

2. No. People will disagree, but they're just wrong/whiny. You don't have to get all the guns. You don't have to complete all the directives. etc. Cert gain is slower than other people if you're F2P and always solo... but that's a choice you make - you'll simply have to be more focused on where you spend your certs, rather than splashing them around and getting the versatility that comes with faster cert gain.

3. Not really. Same old boring grindfest, with no reason to fight, other than cert gain, to buy stuff, to fight more with. To gain certs. To fight more. :D

4. TR has never sucked, and they're still king of bullet-spam. Apart from a limited issue right near the beginning (pre-nerf ZOE comes to mind) VS has never been overwhelming. The TR lot DO spend a lot of time crying on the forums though. They just never have actual stats/evidence to back it up though.

5. Not so much. You can get some decent fights in primetime, but most offtime is poor. Populations have continued to slowly drop since you left. Outside prime, you're lucky if you get a fight bigger than 48+/48+, and even if you do, chances are it'll be a 49 you / 82 enemy (or vv). Neither of which is particularly fun.

Still... there's always hope. Maybe DBG will pull things together and, with the launch of PS4, magic and rainbows will happen. It's worth hoping for, at least! :p
  5. drstrange2014

The game isn't under new management. The company that bought SOE have no interest in day to day operations and are just in it to make a quick buck and then sell it on. The old management are still in place unfortunately and, as a result, the game is being driven into the ground.
  6. FBVanu

It's a great game.. Why did you ever leave?
    Tons of fun, better fps, better render, all kinds of things to do, big and small battles.. pick your flavor..
    Specialize in something, get good at it, and have fun with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. 00000000000000000000

1. No =(
    2. No
    3. Not sure when you left but we've gotten Hossin (Swamp Continent), Valkyrie (Small troop transport aircraft/cert pinata)
    4. On Emerald? I play all 3 and Vanu still seem like the ones who know what they are doing most. NC has a lot of bad players and then some really good ones so it helps even it out. TR are still mindless and can't win without dog piling a sunderer & 96+ onto the point.
    5. In places. Its a lot of 96+ vs 96+
  8. MasterCheef

Thanks for replys,

i had over 1000hrs. I still enjoyed the game, but took a break to play other things.

It also got to a point when TR leadership broke up and it felt like Vanu did not only win, but stomped every other faction during alerts.
    I dont mind losing a good fight, but i dont like when it feels like every squad has no idea what theyre doing.

I was kind of afraid of this game dying. i thought i read that the team moved on to H1Z1.

anyway, ill probably check it out again this week. hopefully my muscle memory returns and i can torture Maxes again with my C4 fairy.

glad to see the community isnt sour!! i was hoping this wouldnt be met with a bunch of "stay away, game sucks. Games dead in 2 months!" replies. This is a good sign...i think
  9. Jbrain

If you choose nc according to forum rules makes you automatically less intelligent, terrible player, so on and so forth.
    Choosing Vanu automagically makes your aim more precise and your brain reorganizes itself to increase your intelligence to make Nc look like chimp in comparison to your new intellect.

Things like weapon performance, faction leaders, and more br100s, and any other logic need not apply.

NC seem to be the whipping boys in todays game. But I find it more rewarding when we do succeed as NC player. The good thing about being nc is when you do go to vanu to play you wil **** and pillage like a Viking god while laughing hysterically at how utter easy it is.
  10. Yuki10

All you need to know is that it is being developed by the same team, except there are fewer people working on it now.
  11. sIcGER

i wonder why ppl dont simply start the game but instead ask how the game is now ... :confused:

planetside2.exe op :eek:
  12. BrbImAFK

Because it's a PITA to redownload, repatch, trawl patch notes and spend 3-4 hours online trying to remember how the hell not to die to find it all out for yourself? Especially when what you find out is that nothing's changed, still has all the same crap that made you leave in the first place, and even if you make it through a couple of weeks, you'll be uninstalling in under a month anyway.
  13. MasterCheef

the same reason you read previews before buying a game. i want to know what to expect.

i played some today, game feels pretty much the same, though it took me a while to figure out what that wailing whale noise was (thought it was ambient animal life at first). I was glad to see that there were still pretty decent sized skirmished to be had. Unfortunately my fun was spoiled a little by my old faction losing practically every battle i took part in. I hope it was just an off night.
  14. sIcGER

ummm ... yeah - but you already played the game, so ... do you expect the game changed completely ?

i watch game reviews before i start to play a game ...
  15. n0pax

1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no, it is relatively even now
    5. only at primetime for all servers except miller. Outside primetime and the few lead in/post primetime hours most servers are desolate. Emerald regularly dips below 175 users and Connery below 125 at night, combined all 3 factions.

I also feel I should mention the game is a hacker's paradise. In my first 2 years of Planetside 2 I saw perhaps 5 hackers ever in just over 1.5k hours. Since the turn of the weather hackers have been on the rise and at this point there is on average one 100% blatant hacker per a faction whenever you play and since they are effectively using godmode, you will constantly run into them if they are in a battle with you. Due to the server population's dropping rapidly (each server is bleeding about 5% of its concurrent daily peak users a week), the number of battles are decreasing which compounds the issue.

Even the hackers that have had posts on here with video evidence (and were name and shamed, against the forum rules) made against them that were publicly crucified by the community (there are a few a few weeks back) are hitting BR 40-60 before being banned.
  16. prodo123

1. Nope. :(
    2. Nope, but the recent cert bumps which literally no one except DBG likes is kinda pushing the game towards it. That being said, most weapons are not straight upgrades over another, with each of them having a pro and con (e.g. MSW-R has right bias and smaller clip vs. CARV).
    3. Hossin, but it's a mixed bag. Some people like it, some don't, but everybody gets a FPS hit there thanks to it being new and not optimized well. There's new NS weapons coming, incl. anti-material rifle for Engineer and NS machine gun for MAX (I think, the latter is unconfirmed).
    4. TR never sucked. Boring, maybe. VS had PPA and ZOE nerfed hard, and NC had slight nerf on Enforcer and Ravens. Furies have almost completely replaced the Marauder. Striker was a weird weapon to start with so I'm not sure how DBG could "un-nerf" it, but as the game stands right now everything is pretty balanced between factions IMO. It's just minor complaints here and there. Also, they're considering removing Orion/Betelgeuse/SVA 0.75 ADS.
    5. Even bigger thanks to server merges, zergs and redeployside.
  17. MasterCheef

so its been about a week-

so far, while gameplay,combat, taking over bases is still extremely fun- i feel like there is no cohesion to taking over a map anymore. Maybe its because TR is terrible, but in my few days back i never felt like there was a front line. it was just "lose base, hop to another totally unrelated base across the map". There was no feeling of tug of war along battle lines. This is a feeling that i miss from when i remember lattice was first introduced. It seems like the players just haphazardly jumps arounds the map now.

ill give it a few more days, but after so long i was hoping the players wouldve been more organized and tactical.
  18. RedArmy

No
    No
    somewhat, some really good ones comming very soon
    TR never sucked, your just playing it wrong
    Not really, more like Zergs walls crashing into each other