Want to really help new players SOE? 2xC4 for LA, SMG for infil

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, May 1, 2014.

1. Paperlamp

Anytime I play a low BR alt this is the most painful thing to not have. You cannot take out high priority targets like MAXes, camping tanks, sunderers without it. It is the strongest "I'm being objective!" tool you can use as a solo player.

Yes, other classes have C4 but those classes aren't as incomplete without it and more commonly run w/out it. LA w/out C4 is like having only half the class.

Second worse is not having SMG or even just auto scout rifle for infiltrator.

Giving these two things alone would give new players flanking/sabotage classes that actually can do their job.
    • Up x 1
  2. minhalexus

C4 should be default on LA, at least one brick.

For infils, they should give a scout rifle, not the SMG.
    • Up x 5
  3. Casterbridge

I could agree with the scout rifle for the infiltrator for sure, less so about the SMG but not totally against it.

I'm really not keen on the idea of giving a new LA getting C4 though, so much potential for bad things happening. Though LA do need something. Wish LA had access to multiple grenades without the suit slot.
  4. John_Aitc

Do new players still get a quiz and a weapon after going through the starter tutorial? It would be a nice way to get them started in a class.
  5. D3GGY

LA doesn't need C4 to begin with.

/flameshield

Give them the shotgun they already get, then give them IR sights for their guns and Smoke Grenades by default.

Then lower the cost of smoke grenades to match ordinary frags.
  6. minhalexus

They said that they are bringing in new tier system, as in professtional LA or infil.

So whoever gets a silver professional LA, should get 1 brick of C4.
    Otherwise if they gave BR 1 C4, it would result in TKing bigtime.
  7. biterwylie

It took me 4 weeks to deploy C4 lol even when I got it.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

Yeah, and of course there would be the debate of which smg the infil would get. T1 seems to be the obvious choice but VS would get shafted. T2 probably shafts the TR the most of the three. So yeah, AScR's are the most logical choice.
  9. minhalexus

And SMGs are accessible to all classes while scout rifles are infil only.

Which seems fair since infils do not have shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  10. HadesR

IMO that's due to how lopsided the class has become because they have C4. People have become so used to cheesing it with C4 frizbee's they now feel that is a LA ..

Remove C4 and give them new abilities instead :)
    • Up x 3
  11. FishMcCool

Also please do a balance pass on each faction's C4. NC's C4 is ridiculously OP at the moment so nerf it or give TR/VS the same. Either decrease its damage or give it more recoil, but it is unfair to the rest of us, and i'm not even talking about the hipfire cone...
  12. z1967

err, they are exactly the same. There is not a difference in C4 damage, cof, rof etc. between factions.

EDIT: Oh derp, I think I see what you are trying to do there but you should probably convey your complaints in a different format.
    • Up x 1
  13. THUGGERNAUT

exactly what this game needs. even more C4 fairies and invisible SMG infiltrators.
  14. Krayus_Korianis

Then remove proximity/claymores/bouning betties from Infiltrators.
  15. -MJ12-

I made a new NC char a while ago.
    PERSONALLY, what I despise most is having nothing to fight back Air, even if I wanted.
    Liberators and ESFs are all over the place and I get killed without any chance.
  16. Krayus_Korianis

MAX Suits have 1 Burster available... o_O If you buy a Burster with SC, you get it on every character on your account.
  17. HadesR

That's fine by me .. I would rather all classes had more diverse loadouts and abilities ..
  18. William Petersen

I have SC-unlocked the second Burster and Skyguard and I still have nothing with which to fight back against Air.
  19. Regpuppy

His main point, I think, is that so many arguments and nerfs to LA have been so dependent on the fact that has C4, and can fly, that it's become more of a detriment to the class than anything. An excuse used to disregard any reasonable addition to the class.

I mean, do get rid of infil explosives and add more interesting tools as well. I'm not against it, since there is a lot of cheesing with those as well. But I don't see on the same level as the C4 cheesing.
  20. Verviedi

HOLY CHRIST NO.
    I spent money on my SMG, and time on my C4, so if lowbies got either by default, everybody who got them legitimately would be shafted.
    Also, the reason SMG infiltrators are left unnerfes is because they are very rare. If lowbies could get SMGs, there would be so much rage about SMG infiltrators that SMGs would be nerfed into the ground.
    Keep infiltrator explosives.
    Give newbs a free AA rocket launcher, instead.