[Suggestion] Want to make a video playing heavy assault, suggestions?!

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by TCryan44, Dec 15, 2014.

1. TCryan44

Hello everybody! I make videos on Youtube, and have recently been making Planetside 2 videos, and this time around I would like to make a video based on playing heavy assault.

I would love to get some ideas and feedback to see what people want to see.

Thank you!
  2. Corvus Corax

either a small base fight, cqc run shotgun heavy or a 2 pl v 2 pl techplant fight. Lots of corners.
    • Up x 1
  3. xMaxdamage

Mini chaingun slaughterfest
    • Up x 1
  4. NCstandsforNukaCola

SVA88 with suppressor
    • Up x 1
  5. Takoita

If you want to rustle some people's jimmies, killing enemy infantry with rocket launcher only (preferably at point-blank range) is an all-times favourite.

If you want to show off your precise aim and superior positioning, battle rifles may provide the opportunity you seek.

A recording of a spectacular slaughterfest made with any of the special weapons (MCG, Lasher or Jackhammer) is always welcome.

An impressive killstreak using only pistols - either the more punchy ones for their superior flair (think Commisioner or Rebel) or those harder to squeeze their full potential out of for the superior bragging rights and joke opportunities (Beamer or Inquisitor) - would look impressive, IMHO.

If you want something really spectacular, coordinated salvo fire of rockets (or lazors if you are using the Lancer) exploding the enemy wholesale with a friendly squad or three is hard to surpass. Alternatively, group C4 attacks by non-LA troops utilizing more risky and creative approach methods than 'we have a Galaxy above the target and will proceed to poop players out of it until everything below is dead' may sate your hunger for explosions too.

Videos of coordinated breaches (especially using special grenades) are, from what I've seen, a rare guest on the forum. And I definitely have not seen a knife-only room breach yet - maybe would be a nice video to make once the melee mechanic update goes live.
    • Up x 1
  6. TCryan44

Great feedback! Thanks so much!
  7. Iridar51

I suggest you make a video compilation of gunfights that you were able to win solely because of the overshield.

Two moments should be given the most attention:
    1) Where somebody gets a drop on you and fires in your back. You flick on the shield, turn around and kill him. Bonus points for hip firing. You should barely survive.
    2) When you turn a corner and get face to face with the enemy, you flick on the shield and kill him. Bonus points if you use a shotgun, and the enemy is armed with a pistol / engi or med tool. In this scenario the more indomitable you look, the better.
    • Up x 4
  8. TCryan44

Thank you, good ideas!
  9. Verviedi

We are posting here to tell you not to do this.
    The peasantwhiners will use the video as their pathetic "reasoning" that the HA shield is "OP".
    Instead, do an HA video with no overshield use. We will subscribe if you do this.

Iridar, we do not like your "ideas" about the HA shield. You are now on the level of people like Mustarde to us, as you ignore the game's health and refuse to adapt. Instead, you cry about everything that can kill you.
  10. TCryan44

Your a load of fun.
  11. LibertyRevolution

Do a video just like this, but replace "pilot" with "Heavy Assault" instead:

;)
  12. Problem Officer

If you just want to be boring, make a kill montage.
    If you want to rile up the nerf nursery, kill montage with only rocket, lmg, shield.
    Otherwise, killstreaks with anything, uncut for their entire duration. (no revival or redeploy)
    Takoita has good ideas! I want to see group RL launches, try to coordinate simultaneous fire.
  13. Verviedi

It is not our objective to be fun. It is our objective to salvage this nerfed game.
  14. TCryan44

I so happen to like his ideas, and so does everybody else. Except for you. Go away mr negative.
  15. Verviedi

You seem to enjoy being manipulated. We are only trying to help you.
    Do you know what happened the last time someone was encouraged to make a video in this manner?
    Rocket launchers were made useless, that's what. We fought against that as well, but eventually SOE banned some of us and pushed the nerf despite nearly all good players saying no to the nerf.

Think beyond yourself, and find what making that video would do to the game.
  16. TCryan44

What do you mean "WE?" your the only one.