Want to know what PS2 without farming tools is like? Take a look at PS4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WorldOfForms, Jun 24, 2015.

1. WorldOfForms

I think people here have misinterpreted my post. I am not trying to say that I want an infantry-only game. I am not saying that tanks, libs, and MAXes are bad for the game. All I was saying was, the "purists" have been complaining about these things for a long time and we can finally see what the game is like if it was made for them.

I said it was fun (but mind you, I scrambled to unlock the sunderer so I could keep my squad together). I did NOT say "Boy I hope these things never get unlocked!" or "Man, this unlock system is great!" I said it was INTERESTING. In theory, the unlock system might be okay, but not in its current implementation (Sunderers shouldn't be locked, MBTs shouldn't be locked to freaking BR 20!).

BTW, I don't think Medic is locked behind any BR. Pretty sure I played medic right at the start.

Everyone always thinks posters have some agenda. I was just sharing my experience.
  2. eldarfalcongravtank

i am a big opponent to those BR-based game unlocks. everyone should be able to enjoy the game in its complete form right from the start, like we PC players used to be when we started fresh.

imagine if a high-BR farms with a tank and his victims cannot even pull a tank or AV max to counter him. i mean what tha hell, doesnt this completely screw up game balance?
  3. Kanil

If you're so low BR that you can't yet pull a tank, then any tank you could pull would be laughably undercerted and utterly uncompetitive anyway... so it wouldn't help much.

I do agree that the BR unlocks are kinda crappy though. Still, getting people into playing HA sooner than later is probably best for player retention...
  4. WorldOfForms

That is a big concern for me. I wonder if newbies will get mad and quit when they get obliterated by a tank and then try to pull one themself only to see they have to grind to BR 20 first.
  5. FocusLight

Read my later reply to the guy replying to my reply to you. :D
  6. CorporationUSA

And I enjoy smaller battles and flying. We all have things we enjoy more than other things, but ultimately the game is just supposed to be massive, combined-arms battles, so longing for anything makes little sense.
  7. Ronin Oni

Look at Hossin... much of the base battles vehicles have little to no impact over other than holding the area outside the battle (namely, attackers need presence to protect AMS, Defenders want to push attack vehicle presence out to destroy AMS)

Air can make some attack runs, but due to limited LoS thanks to canopy, you can dumbfire back at them with reasonable success... there's also a lot of good interior areas as well. There's also better proliferation of base AA turrets near spawn rooms (a damn no brainer if you ask me)

Even the construction sites are better than 90%+ of the bases on Indar.

I honestly have no idea why Hossin isn't more popular...

OH WAIT! Yeah I do, it's cause majority of player base actually likes farming bases with vehicles.

They need to update their maps, and construct bases to better protect infantry fighting over the points from the vehicles which need to be more focused on control over the attacker spawn (defenders take it out allows them to push back down the lane towards the enemy)
    • Up x 2
  8. Deathrus

Must of been fun!!! Enjoy it while it lasts
  9. FriendlyPS4

Give it time there will be a PS4 farm. The bases are too indefensible for their not to be.

Example me, starving for kills as a softy but as soon as I unlocked Lightening I ate well in the bases. : )
  10. Diilicious

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT wrong.

what kind of silly sweeping statement is that.

What you really meant to say is "its cause most of the player base actually want to be able to have a decent tank battle" which would be the most obvious choice of words considering how unbearable infantry gameplay is for me at least.

hossin isnt more popular probably because its dark even in the middle of the day in most of the map. aircraft have even less impact than their already pointless presence on the battlefield, and vehicles are cockblocked from every side by glow in the dark pumpkins, massive creeping vines, extremely narrow canyons (most of which only VS can scale and use to any advantage), huge *** trees everywhere, and bases literally 100m apart from one another, guarunteeing that you will never get any good tank battles.

its a claustraphobic nightmare for anyone who wants to do something other than infantrywhore.
  11. Ronin Oni

You'll note I did suggest applying the general base designs to the other continents, you know, the ones that do have more open space?

Yes, I know that Hossin sucks for tanking (it doesn't suck for flying though, it's tough but actually a lot of fun). It was somewhat tounge in cheek but there's some truth to it to because Indar IS the most popular map and it is unquestionably the worst when it comes to tank swarms bombarding bases
  12. ronjahn

Ew ps4 has BR unlocks for vehicles?

Glad I didn't shell out any money for one considering the main reason I started playing ps2 was tank play.
  13. f0d

"Want to know what PS2 without farming tools is like? Take a look at PS4"
    the farming tools are infantry not tanks or max's or libs or harassers
    [IMG]
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/291712868691365889
    guess which one is infantry kills and which one is vehicle kills
    heres a hint: infantry isnt blue

and that was around release of ps2 (jan 2013) pre massive vehicle nerfs and when vehicle farming was at its height
    i guesstemate that its probably around 90-95% infantry kills nowdays after all the massive vehicle nerfs

if anything we need more vehicles to balance it out so it can be an equally "combined arms" game and not a "mostly infantry game with some vehicles"

i want more tanks to shoot at :(
    • Up x 2
  14. Crator

That whole resource revamp thing is a fantasy I suppose. :(

Side question: I don't frequent these forums as much as I used to. Why are they so slow now?
  15. The_Blazing

Don't get too chipper about it. Once some PS4 players start unlocking MBTs, Harassers and Liberators, players will find themselves being farmed by a minority without even the possibility of pulling the same vehicle to counter-attack. It's a double-edged sword.
  16. lothbrook

I would suggest these "purists" play one of the many Arena shooters already available rather than continue to ruin a combined arms game. Besides think of all the low BRs that get on the PC version get ***** by higher BRs in vehicles, only to go to the PS4 version where the lower BRs have 0 way of fighting back, lol.
  17. Haquim

Preach brother, preach.
    In the beginning I could spawn a tank what, every 15 minutes? Even being a member with 50% res boost.
    And about 2 grenades every 5 minutes? Or 1 C4.

What I especially liked about the three resources was heavily noticeable in Cobalts' ServerSmash tactics. We basically rushed the bases that gave Air resources and ignored the rest, because we knew that forcemultipliers that aren't mobile enough are worthless.
    At least in a 'Smash, in normal gameplay they are plenty useful.
    Anyway, the result was usually that the sky belonged to us - and thus the match.
    Can't do that with the stupid nanites, it killed 50% of possible tactics. The other 50% being redeploying at the right time.
    • Up x 1
  18. OldMaster80

We must bring this back to Reddit.
  19. stalkish

Fully agree with your last paragraph.
    • Up x 1