Want to buff tanks? Fine, but first finish the resources system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Jan 17, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

I'm all for having tanks back to their original power level. They are tanks after all, not paper planes.

But dear Higby if you want to make this change first please finish what you've started: the resource system has been simplified and it's incomplete. We were told it was just phase 1, we thought this situation were a transition and it came out it was all a big bunch of ********.
    This is a problem if you really plan to buff both weapons and tanks resistance: in case you didn't notice removal of cooldowns and change from 3 resources to nanites increased the vehicles spam a lot. The biggest issue is not the mass of vehicles in the game, but the fact one can easily spam tanks like forever: no one gets a MBT exploded 10 seconds after he/she is out of the vehicle bay, meaning nanites got time to regenerate.

It has been reported many times: nanites regenerate so fast players rarely run out of resources. In case one is a subscriber it's like having infinite nanites.
    This morning on Miller a small team was defending Tawrich Tower and 1 single VS kept attacking us with his Magrider. Taking him down took some time because even if tanks do not resist like one expects from a battle tanks, it's still very hard and frustrating trying to destroy something that can oneshot you.
    Higby, guess what was the problem? 30 seconds after we turned the Magrider to a smoking pile of metal scrap the same player was popping out of the vehicle bay again. And again, and again, and again. We didn't even have time to spawn a Sunderer and get close that his Magrider was still hunting us. At least with the cooldowns we could keep tanks out of the game for a few minutes, now it's an unstoppable flow that makes feel like playing infantry is the wrong thing to do.

And now you want to buff tanks even more...
    Great, but at least implement the ANT, move resources to bases pools, and make nanites regeneration slower.
    • Up x 2
  2. ronjahn

Well both are going to happen and one is easier to implement and closer to being ready and on the PTS, so face it; we are getting the tank changes before the resource revamp phase 2.

I will say that these changes better increase the urgency for the devs to finish the resource system.
  3. CNR4806

.... Or make infantryside yell so much that vehicles are nerfed to oblvion again before they think of resource phase 2.

But then again, when did infantryside ever stop yelling about vehicles being OP, even when they're clearly UP? My bad for bringing this up.
  4. FateJH

In regards to your account of the single VS and his Magrider, what Vehicles, weapons, and tactics did you use against him? after the second (or third, whichever), what did you do to compensate against his tenacity?
  5. Hatesphere

it sounds like they killed him over and over again with him just coming back in a tank to no effect, i've personally seen this a few times, at-least up to three tanks in a row. all of theses instances involved people not wanting to devote a large amount of resources to deal with a single player that will just come back in 2 minutes with the same tank load out to no avail.
    • Up x 1
  6. FateJH

That's a point; but, it could have also been X people with X tanks coming one at a time and the effect would have been the same. I get the feeling that, while he thinks he's complaining about how quickly tanks can be pulled with the resource system, he's actually complaining about something different. My question is, what did he do better next time the tank showed up and why did he need to? He says he was defending Tawrich Tower but Tawrich Tower's cap point is hard to threaten with Vehicles as large as a Magrider. Even if the driver caps the point, re-mounts his Vehicle, and that cuts off road-access to the point building, an LA can fly above the barrel elevation and re-cap the point. Moreover, the base is mostly a tower and the rocks around it. Until I hear otherwise, the only thing I can think of it they kept throwing themselves against death and are complaining about it.
  7. iller

It's funny that pulling a Battle-Bus or Hornet-ESF is cheaper than pulling an MBT....
    I'd say the resource gap will average out in the long run. :rolleyes:

Dual-Boxers, or their Gunner also has a fully certed MBT config. ...I've actually asked people about this, and been told directly: Get a dual box account if you want to "practice Vehicles"

Changes to the resource system would have to be pretty drastic to stop exploiting of the system to that degree....