Want to be in our Anniversary Player Spotlight?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luperza, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SocratesEverywhere

I'm not sure this is a fair representation of what the video shows. To me, it looks like two highly skilled players go head to head. The timing and reaction of both Vonic and NivX is fierce. If you play it in slow motion, you can just see NivX's feet coming down the stairs. Vonic's judgment and placement for coming down on top of him are spot on.

We can't know what NivX saw on his screen, but look at how fast he responds (Vonic's shield is reduced almost the instant he comes down on NivX). They pass each other, like two samurai's in some Japanime film, and turn on each other to connect more shots.

It didn't look like Vonic was flailing at all. Frankly, I'm glad I don't have to chance across either of them because I don't play Mattherson. Really impressive. It almost makes me wish the TTK in Planetside was a little longer so we could see a bit more interaction between them in this video. Really really impressive.

Which leads me to this idea:

SoE should do three player Spotlights. One for the person who has contributed the most to the community. Another for the most interesting in-game persona. And the final one for the most skilled players (though we might even want to subdivide that into vehicle, air, and infantry).

The above would be a great promotional activity. Years ago on Lineage Live servers, there were some fan sites that did player interviews and spotlights. We all used to devour those articles. I think it's a great way to create a buzz, and it's not something SoE should wait a year to do. There should be monthly player spotlights. Let's have our heroes.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liberty

You have to understand, there are two kinds of "good" players. The ones who can graciously acknowledge the skill and talent in others, and those who believe no one can be better than them. To the point they will put down any achievements or statistics by said player, trying to make excuses as to why the other player was able to pull it off while they haven't.

I think a more modern and concise term is being "jelly"
  3. Giggily

changing my vote from Vonic to NivX, NivX is just the superior player tbh. SOE you should definitely check him out.
    • Up x 2
  4. BigIronRanger

LOL i fully acknowledge that Vonic is amongst the best players in Planetside 2 alongside Nivx and glorinn etc....

Im not jelly at all though don't know why i should be im a better heavy assault and infiltrator than he is and my light assault ability could match vonics anyday.

Only difference is that he has more fans due to him playing on US and doing live streams so naturally he has more people to back him up.

Poor bigironranger only plays on Briggs which has 3 times less players than the US servers i mean i wish i could do a livestream to actually show my skill but i don't have the hardware necessary.

Wish i had my outfit backing me up on every single thread on these forums to:(.
  5. Bulltahr

I'm with BIR on this one, maybe some sort of three way will provide the answer. I can also say that while our pop is low, this also means a lower pop of low BR's out there, so in a big fight BIR is coming up against reasonably experianced players in general.
    Briggs may be the "red headed stepchild" as Dirtybird put it, but that doesn't mean we don't have some highly skilled players, BIR is about the only BR100 I have yet to take out (and unlikely to either), came close last week, but his aim is faster and better than mine..........
  6. Interlude

If Vonic's not the winner then there's no hope for this world.

I remember the first day I met Vonic...: "Come to me, child. Don't be afraid, your death will be quick and my killstreak will be long. I shall dominate you like noone else has. You'll feel the immense power of my carbine, and the endless wrath of my pistol. Do not try to kill me, for I am immortal.
    Based Ender, I sacrifice this ****** NC in your name. Thank you for your endless provision of medkits and for putting all these bads in my way. Please keep me away from the vehicle temptation, and cleanse this world from shotguns. Keep my aim steady, and don't let my stats ever drop, amen".
    He then proceeded to kill me along with 50 more NC.

Now you understand why this man has to be picked. If you don't, millions of light assaults will rain down from the sky, bringing only death, good stats, and hundreds, thousands of medkits. I have warned you, SOE.
    • Up x 3
  7. Mustarde

I actually go on better runs when a server is a bit less heavily populated, as it's much easier to die to a random shell or rocket when you are in a 48v48 brawl. While Vonic certainly is able to fight in those crowded environments, I've noticed that he too, seems to shine when going up against a squad or two, instead of platoons - because it's much easier to catch 12-24 people off guard, who aren't watching every corner or window, than it is to expect a platoon of dudes to not see you fly around the tower and pick you off.

All that is to say, lower to medium pops can often be better for farming as an infantry only player. I don't buy the briggs vs. mattherson comparison that you are trying to paint.
  8. BigIronRanger

The keyword we seem to be missing here my friend is option.

I've played on Matherson and Connery during prime time and let me tell you i start drooling at the mouth there is literally 3 48 vs 48 fights on each continent however on Briggs its just 2 48 vs 48 fights on Indar all day everyday during prime time.

On the US servers its like you don't like this bio farm lets go to this amp station you don't like that go fight at crossroads or a tech plant. While on Briggs its like you either fight here or there is no fight.

Wish i had those options on Briggs my K/D and KPM would go up crazy high if i could choose where i wanted to fight.

I like to call high pop servers like Matherson and Connery the blind masses Vonic has learned well how to take advantage of this just look at his videos hes literally rubbing shoulders with the enemies and they aren't killing him wish i could do that on Briggs but the enemy isn't so tightly packed so you get picked out pretty quick.

Any one would agree that the ratio of really good players to average and bad players is pretty low.

I'll make an accurate guess and say that for every 15 players you pick only 2 of them will be any good in terms of there gunplay.

Now as we know the US servers have about 3 times as many players during prime time so thats a lot of pubs who aren't really good and only a hand full who are good i guess Vonic takes advantage of these not so good players and everyone knows that all the good players are on VS on Matherson i mean who wants to go up against DA :p.
    • Up x 1
  9. Torok

One day my friend we shall all play on the very same server, when that day will come, Doomsday will fall upon Auraxis :eek:
    They did say they want one big server in the future, from now till 2025 we can achieve that!
    • Up x 1
  10. BigIronRanger

Whoa dude you like totally dissed vonic. nah all good its all your opinion.

However I love how sub par players like to judge the skill of elite players and then even have the audacity to rate them.

I think the best judges would be the players themselves unless you don't trust us enough to make anyone but ourselves seem the best.

actually disregard what i said.......
  11. BigIronRanger

*Hugs Screen*
    Soon. we will fight alongside one another as NC brethren to rid this lustrous world of the VS scum. Soon
    • Up x 1
  12. Torok

Be on the lookout for CdrShadowsun too, with him we shall be like the the three musketeers!
  13. Fortress

More like BigInsecureRanger amirite?
    • Up x 2
  14. Posse

I have to say I started playing LA when I saw that video of him killing 63 guys in 7 minutes, gave me motivation to try something new, I even got to Auraxium in the VX6-7 in 11 hours or so, nowhere near those close to 5 hours but still a really fast Auraxium :p
  15. Bulltahr

I agree, I'm an average SMG Infil and always prefer squad size fights, I can't kill 3 plus guys without stopping somewhere and re-charging cloak, or shield. So the smaller size fights mean I can do this with less risk.

What I am trying to paint about Briggs, is that you don't see heaps of low BR players because we don't have the pop for it. I don't know anything about Matherson, just assuming that there is good pop there.

With regards to BIR, I don't know him, never received or sent a tell to him at all. But I guess his point is that Briggs is not one of the "Big" servers, Briggs also has a low profile with regards to streaming, Youtube etc, so we get a lot less attention. TBH there are very few highly organized/skilled outfits on Briggs, but we do have our share of highly skilled players, albiet much less in number than other servers.

If this "Player highlight" thing is purely a diyk measuring contest, then it should be based on player skill, irrespective of server no?
  16. Dingus148

No! Bad drunky! This shoulnd't be about epeen. You should be voting for NotBob, because screw skill. There are plenty of good players out there. There are plenty of great players out there. There are not many players out there who make the game a better place merely by their presence. There are plenty of people fostering their own small communities, but not many fostering the community as a whole.

NotBob gets my vote because he's about more than victory or defeat. He's about character. He's about faction loyalty and hating the other guys because they're not red. He's about playing the game the way it should be played, and to hell with the stats.

Also, mad shoutout to that NC guy on Mattherson who was doing the speeches for pubbies over there...I'm sure we all saw the video. The grizzled, embittered commander urging the pubbie masses forward with his best merc impression, and I feel terrible for forgetting his name. PooNanners?

There's a few of them on every server...the guys you don't mind abusing proxy, or the guys you'll unmute your proxy to listen to. They're on your friends list so you can go hang out around them if your outfit isn't doing anything. They make you smile and they make you want to come back to the game. If we want to worship epeens and give the spotlight to the player with the best stats, stats.dasansfall.whatever and be done with it. What I think we should be doing is giving the title to someone who brings something special to the game. You stat monkeys can take your fecal fight elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  17. Moukassin

One of my craziest infantry killstreak:

My way of protesting against lock-ons:

A montage of some of my best moments:
  18. NotBob

I I
    (V Check the sig V)
  19. Luperza Community Manager

Great stories everyone! Thanks for sharing. :) Keep your eyes on the PlanetSide 2 News article section. Your story may be featured!
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.