Want insult to injury? :D

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sleepy247, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Sleepy247

• Up x 1
  2. Xil

Airborne Anti-Infantry weapons were better in the Vietnam-era were better than they are in PS2. But oh the rage from infantry if we had 'proper' air support.

Gameplay balance my friend. Gameplay balance.
    • Up x 1
  3. GSZenith

...gha can't take it anymore "jumps out of the window" fudge only 30cm didn't die :(
  4. ArcMinuteLight

Would have in PS2!
    • Up x 1
  5. m44v

but PS2 has resurrection technology, beat that.
  6. iller

All of this pales in comparison to the fact that it's the year 3000 and we're still firing clunky lead cones from brass cylinders with gun powder that take longer to reach the target than actual Real life Bullets do.
  7. illgot

we overpopulate the world, no need :)
    • Up x 1
  8. SGTWOLF68

That's TR, NC uses gauss tech. And god knows what else VS uses plasma(which I find weird since you would need a solid form of it and according to scientific terms plasma is it,s own form and substance and can only be found in space according to human knowledge...correct me if I'm wrong).
  9. SGTWOLF68

10. Anvildude

Will do.

Though many people don't realize or know this, there are actually 5 phases of Matter (Matter is 'stuff'.) There's Solid, Liquid, Gas, like everyone knows, and then there's Neutron Star matter and Plasma. Neutron Star matter is hyper-dense (with individual atoms actually occupying the same space as other atoms, which doesn't normally happen) and only really occurs within super-gravity Neutron Stars, hence the name.

Plasma, however, is a lot more common.

Plasma is what happens when the outer shells of atoms, the electrons (those are the little things whizzing around the core in most pictures of atoms) are separated from the nucleus of the atom- this normally only happens when the energy state of the atom reaches a certain, elevated point- normally achieved through high temperatures or extreme voltages. Fire is actually Plasma, as is Lightning/electrical sparks, and the stuff inside flourescent lightbulbs.

What the Vanu weapons fire isn't actually something solid- it doesn't cause damage through the transfer of kinetic energy via Force (which is Mass times Velocity- which is why guns that fire High Velocity ammunition do more damage, and why guns that fire larger bullets do more damage). Rather, the Plasma that the Vanu weapons fire are small bits of extremely heated matter- heated to the point that it requires a sheath of specially aligned magnetic fields to stay in cohesion (magnets in the gun hold it together once it leaves the barrel). These plasma packets don't do damage from Force, but rather transfer energy to the enemy through direct Heat- essentially burning little holes through them.

The magnetic sheaths on the plasma packets can be adjusted to be looser, or to dissolve on impact, releasing the superheated plasma over a larger area, though doing less damage overall- this is how the Lasher works in its current iteration.

In short- the Vanu Sovereignty doesn't deal damage to its foes via chemically propelled chunks of solid matter, but rather burns tiny (or not so tiny) holes in them via electrically propelled packets of superheated constituent atomic particulate. The NC are halfway to enlightenment, though- at least they don't use chemical propellants.
    • Up x 5
  11. SGTWOLF68

GEEZUS ****** CHRIST MAN what are you studying.
    • Up x 1
  12. SGTWOLF68

You gat a major Vanu technology or somthing.
  13. Slaidd

After attempting to read through Anvildude's thesis conclusion, this reply is absolutely priceless. I just snapped you my best (virtual) "Hacksaw" Jim Dugin salute.
  14. SGTWOLF68

Thank you sir I salute to you.
  15. Anvildude

Oh wow guys. Thanks. That just made my night.

I suppose two years of Materials Science and Technology wasn't completely wasted now, was it?

SCIENCE!
    • Up x 2
  16. SGTWOLF68

You sir are a brilliant man I can understand why you went Vanu and do have a good night...see you on tbe battlefeild.
  17. ManicUndies

If the NC really used gauss tech, they would have less recoil and muzzle flash. They would also feasibly have larger magazines as the lack of a bullet casing should cut down on the size. I guess the metal slugs are just bigger than chemically propelled bullets?
  18. Takoita

IMHO, the best plasma guns were in the first X-COM. Only they were described as a device that punched through solid objects by creating a localized gravitational anomaly or something...
  19. SGTWOLF68

Keep in mind that NC uses experimental tech. So there wont be anything to fancy.
  20. DemoniWaari

Strictly speaking, the fifth state of matter is Bose-Einstein condensate, which is found in more places than just in neutron stars. Though "more" is just stuff that is ****balls cold, circa absolute zero that is.