[Suggestion] WallstalkerSet

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Halkesh, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Halkesh

Light Assault advantage are surprise and flanking hability. Actually, he have already jumpset and drifter but he can have more...

Why not create a new ability that give to LA the ability to cross walls ? It will give to the light assault the possibility to flank ennemy into a bulding.
    For exemple, on bio lab fight, defensor spawn ton of MAX. Some light assault will cross the walls and break ennemy defence by flanking ennemy and killing medic/engineer before MAX realize they are here.

About balance, some wall like floor / bio lab dome / barrack can't be crossing.
    • Up x 1
  2. Corezer

nah, that's more of an infiltrator thing
  3. Halkesh

I'm not sure. On my mind, infiltrator need cloaking stuff and LA need flanking stuff.
    But independantly of the class, what do you think about Wallstalker Set idea ?
  4. Goats

I'm a little confused. By crossing walls, you mean going through them, right? So it would be a disappear into a cloud of nanites and teleport through the wall kind of thing? Assuming that's the case, I do like the idea, but it would probably have to be an infiltrator thing. I can't see the devs allowing us to equip that and jets at the same time, and they wouldn't be very useful by themselves. I'd definitely like to see it in the game in some way, though.
  5. Corezer

well basically, you would be infiltrating the room, hence an infiltrator thing.

flanking/=getting in bed with them...
  6. asdfPanda

Oh my god, wallhacks for infiltrator! WHY DID NOBODY THINK ABOUT THAT SOONER? It's... it's glorious...

Fantastic idea.
  7. Halkesh

It will remplace the jetpack abilit, or, for the infiltrator, the cloaking ability.

Yes.

I'm not sure what is the best.
    1. Go close to a wall, press F, you are teleported behind the wall, like a "flash-jump".
    2. Press F, during X second, you can cross every wall you want.
    3. Press F, during X second, some "door" will be added to the walls.

About balancing, it's to dev to do that. (glow, slow, noise, rabbit shape, etc)
  8. cruczi

4. Press F, during X second, you wake up and realize it was just a dream.

I find this idea absolutely incredibly bad. Sorry. Let's not turn PS2 into developer mode, thank you very much. That said, we already have "god mode" for Vanguards, so I suppose having "noclip" for LA would kind of make sense?

It hurts my brain to think of all the possible bugs that would ensue from introducing something like this.
  9. Freedym Fry

What would be cool is a side mission for light assault. Some of the larger bases have weak wall points destroyable by c4. If an LA could just blow it from the inside, it creates an alternative backdoor for other infantry, repairable by any class. It would be really cool to apply this to any structure temporarily, but I do think it's fine the way it is. It's just a cool idea though.