Walker Needs A Buff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 000AmidimA000, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Shiaari

>>ITT: OP getting an education
  2. Cynicismic

I have plenty of experience with ground to air flak guns, and they are hugely easy to use against ESFs. Why, one time while I was the sole AA gunner at a Tech Plant - all other guns had been knocked out - just by holding down the fire button I destroyed 4 enemy Mosquitoes, one enemy Liberator, and scared off three enemy ESFs and a Galaxy. One of the Mosquitoes I killed was at 600m range. AA flak is horrendously potent against the ESF, as I have found in both my time manning AA guns and also being in the cockpit of a Scythe.

And I have news for you: not all vehicles lose most of their health within about five seconds as soon as enemy guns open up; suffice to say that it is easier for ground vehicles to flee than aircraft, because what cover can the sky provide other than a tree-line canopy or conveniently placed spire/plateau?

Well, considering that most ground vehicles are protected by terrain, inclines and the basic geography of the map, whereas aircraft are always in plain sight to all enemies unless they're hovering 50 meters off the ground, this argument is somewhat invalid. Besides, regarding the latter half of your argument, even if you spin like a record on an over-clocked player, you're still going to be hit by flak, considering the cone of fire and the rate at which it spews out rounds, albeit less so than at more close and personal ranges. Even so, after you've lost three quarters of your ESF's health after 10 seconds of flying within 400m of a gun, extra flak rounds will make all the difference to making you spiral to the ground in flames.

[IMG]

What on Earth is this actually supposed to mean? Please elaborate, as at present I see absolutely zero relevance of what you've posted here in response to what I said. Unless, of course, you're mocking me.
    :rolleyes:

Read the post made below. I needn't emphasise what's written here, which I agree with whole-heartedly...

3. Auzor

Give me mouseyaw then.
  4. AxiomInsanity87

Today i feel that we should buff the walker

Screw thinking today

K fanx mwa
  5. SoljVS

You know I once read a post awhile back and iirc saw a video (can't find it tried searching) in BF4 of a guy that trained his dog to use the Mobile AA, albeit not very great by human standards, though the video showed the dog actually scoring some kills. (I was a devout pilot there, as you can see most of us with this innate talent have it across games.)

I'm pretty sure the same would be possible in this game for the use of all AA and/or lock-ons. Which shows you the level of dumbed down devs actually put these things in a game to try and combat skill. Cause there are only 3 ways to combat skill:
    1) Gank
    2) Hone and increase your own skill to a competitive level (Involves alot of work and a degree of natural talent)
    3) Make a counter that's so stupidly easy literally a dog can do it. (I guess we haven't reached this level yet on the walker since you are asking for a BUFF after all.)
  6. Hatesphere

your argument is literately "a dog could do AA"

do you even read anything before you hit post? I mean they train freaken dogs to drive cars, get over your self, you arent the only one who can hunt. design the controls right and you could probibly get a dog to fly too.

at the end of the day, you need to step back and realize this is a game, and their are infact people on the ground you are playing with when you fly. they will shoot and sometimes kill you when you make mistakes.
  7. SoljVS

Can you fly?
  8. Hatesphere

slow clap.
  9. SoljVS

I was just going to say if we can train a dog to fly with the right controls, why can't we get humans to do it with the proper ones is all, without making stupid easy counters.
  10. Danath

You stats say you are a pack of lies :rolleyes:
  11. Cynicismic

So, I am still learning. So what? Statistics in this game only determine a few things: how well you can farm and how much you contribute otherwise. I have a score/minute of around 223 with a K/D of less than one: why is this? Because I don't play for kills. I play for support. I play to help my team, an with it the gloriousness of Vanu. Statistics in this game are somewhat worthless, and only show either how much you farm, (K/D), and how much you play for support. Yes, they of course have weight, though not as much as in they do in other games.

I'm sure that you are a very experienced player - I do not doubt that. Likewise, you are also probably very skilled also, although I do not know what your in-game username is, and so cannot check your statistics. Though the fact that you feel the need to bring up my statistics in order to measure the weight of my opinion connotes a strong sense of elitism. Yes, I can fully recognise that I am doing something wrong, and I am still learning and do not deny it. Though is my viewpoint irrelevant because of my statistics? Should my viewpoints be ignored because my K/D does not resemble that of a player who farms the Sunderer they find instead of destroy it - to benefit their faction and not themselves? I feel that flak is too potent against ESFs as do many other forumites who post here - all of whom are better than myself. Certainly, I am probably doing something wrong, though does my opinion carry no weight whatsoever because I don't have shiny statistics, as you presumably do, (otherwise, your elitism would be gravely misplaced)?

I will note that you have not had the courtesy to respond to the replies I made to you; you instead slapped a: "Ur stats R bad. Opinion don't count" on my face in response. At least have the decency to reply to the responses I took the time to make to you, instead of making a careless cop-out reply...
    :rolleyes:
  12. Danath

I'm not talking about SPM, K/D or any of that crap.

Aspis Phalanx Turret (Anti-Aircraft): 2 kills, 3 vehicle kills. 24 min of use. (that's a lot of time for so little)
    NS-10 Burster 0 kills
    G30 Walker 1 min of use, 0 kills

"Plenty"

Ever received a Titan AP round to your Harasser? A Lib's Dalton ? One Lighting's AP round takes 50% of another lighting if it hits the rear.

It's quite the opposite.
  13. Cynicismic

Okay, fair enough, I guess I though that I had more experience than I actually did, and I'm sorry for being so stubborn. Thanks for setting me straight, and I'm sorry this discussion got heated so quickly. I guess I'm not as good nor experienced as I thought, and once again, thanks for the talk.

Bear in mind that those experiences were albeit true, though made with a different character I had before the account migration, (sadly lost, though luckily I hadn't put any money into the game at that point - my VS character here was called something along the lines of "TheGuyWhoKilledYou", (?) ). Moreover, the character I use as my main is also the fifth or fourth one I've created that is VS on this account - all those previous deleted to restart once I felt I had become semi-badly decent at the game. Still, sorry for my delusion, and I hope that we can move past this, start on a clean slate, and I know now not to be so stubborn and think that I know what I'm on about in respects that I'm not too experienced in. Nevertheless - the discussion must go on!

Thank you though, and once again I'm sorry. Take care mate - it's been a pleasure speaking with you.

Yours,

Cynicismic :)
  14. Silkensmooth

Yeah you can easily check my stats and see that i have a lot more time in an extremely easy and super boring skyguard than you have in ESF.

I have maxxed my performance in a skyguard. I win every time vs ESF, it becomes boring.My performance reached max after about an hour as i already had spent many hours flying and knew very well how to lead aircraft. After that its just a matter of getting the right lead for the different velocity and its super dooper EZ mode ESF farming.

Libs are not scary to me in my skyguard either as i know how to position myself and to keep an eye out for them. Learn to use positioning and libs wont kill you either.

I prefer to fly over driving a skyguard. It is more fun. Not even taking into account that the ESF weapons are more fun because they require aiming, the ESf itself is incredibly fun to fly whereas the lightning is boring to drive.

I usually only pull a skyguard when i get zerged in my ESF by an airwing. I typically kill or drive off the airwing all by myself and then redeploy and pull another ESF or go do something else thats fun.

If you are dying to enemy armor in your skyguard then you are trying to lone wolf it and you are overextending too. Stay behind the friendly armor column. you dont have to be close to be effective with skyguard.

Learn to aim and you will kill a great many ESF with skyguard.

The ESF wont kill you. It will be one-sided. Your adrenaline wont pump. You will lame pilot after pilot with your flak and collect certs. If you can handle the boredom when all the enemy pilots figure out where you are and avoid that area like the plague, then you will be good at skyguarding.
  15. Silkensmooth

This is exactly why i bought a skyguard and drove it. I was flying around thinking these things were ridiculous, but i never like to talk about something i havent tried. So i bought a skyguard and i found it to be just as overpowered as i thought it was.

It makes me shake my head how powerful flak is for how easy it is to use. On top of that the fact that someone with an hour in a skyguard can beat the best pilots in the game if the skyguard isnt a complete bad.
  16. Scr1nRusher

Ranger & Skyguard need buffs
  17. Silkensmooth

Because humans are lazy. It actually not surprising that this is the case as it appears that everything is lazy. Everything takes the path of least resistance, electricity, light, water, air, any object in motion. Humans are no exception to this.

Flying is hard to become adept at, and so this eliminates the average player from attaining the skill required as doing so would force them out of the path of least resistance.

It is the same reason that games in general are much easier than they used to be. It used to be that only smart people had PCs. They were something that us sciency nerdy guys played with. We wrote little programs to make the sun rise on our commodores and we played games on cassete tapes lol.

When everyone started using PCs the games had to be changed to accomodate the average person.

We got quest hubs and exlaimation points over NPC heads, and games like PS2 get weapons like flak and locks because these are the only types of weapons that the average user will ever be able to beat a better-than-average player with.

Since there are vastly more average players than good ones, game companies will always cater to the average players and dumb games down for them.

The average player gets in a skyguard and thinks he is a good player if he shoots down some ESF that he has every advantage over. Sacrificing the minority good players so that they can appease the average masses.

This isnt going to change any time soon i dont think.
  18. Silkensmooth

Lol troll.
  19. Imp C Bravo

As far as skyguards go -- I think they should have their functionality changed a bit to raise both the skill floor and skill ceiling. There are a few things they could do to make skyguards more effective against average air -- but not make them any better (or maybe a bit worse) vs skilled pilots. Seems to me any playstyle where skill can counter equipment which can then be countered by further skill is probably a good thing.

Le33tAAguy01: *pulls skyguard. kills scrub pilots here and there. Does virtually no damage to good pilots*
    Le33tAAguy01: *practices and gits gud*
    Le33tAAguy01: *Kills scrub pilots at a solid rate. Is a threat and occasionally kills good pilots. Does little damage to great pilots*
    Le33tAAguy01: *practices and gits better*
    Le33tAAguy01: *Kills scrub pilots quickly. Kills good pilots at a solid rate. Is a threat to great pilots like AirSM43HPilot.*

AirSM43HPilot: *Practices and gets better. AA stops being a threat.*
    Le33tAAguy01: *Practices and gets better. Kills great pilots at a solid rate. Once again becomes a threat to AirSM43hPilot.*

And the cycle continues.

As it stands Skyguards and bursters are lethal based on time spent firing and pretty much nothing else. That seems stupid to me. A dedicated, talented, and/or skilled skyguard pilot should be more deadly than an average one. A dedicated, talented, and/or skilled air pilot should be better able to fly and flight among the flak than your average one. As it stands with flak being what it is -- there is only a little difference in effectiveness between average and good AA users, and average and good pilots when getting shot with AA.

-----

But I'll say this again even though I said it earlier -- walkers are good. When you have a good gunner they are effective and dangerous. When you have a crap gunner they are not at all dangerous. I think that is how guns should work.
  20. Scr1nRusher

The Ranger fails & the skygaurd is meh.