[BUG] Vulcan vs Enforcer: 2.2 and 5.05 Seconds to kill ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maverick556, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Draegnar

Does nobody have a problem with the fact the guns being discussed here are almost universally better than all the other options? I mean yes they should be balanced between themselves but considering that these are the only weapons I see currently that probably suggests are are too versatile or too powerful.
    • Up x 1
  2. Maverick556

(just kidding of course but I'm sure someone will bite) GOTCHA! :D
  3. Squirreli

Vulcan is just like the Prowler, confused. Prowlers faction specific upgrades/weapons have no synergy at all.

1) Short range means going in for suicide runs, which means using the secondary AV/AI makes you really vulnerable, which means you either kill your tank or you kill your secondary gunner with boredom -> you don't always get voluntary secondary gunners
    2) Short range means the Anchor mode doesn't combine with the Vulcan at all.
    3) Short range means you can't go against Vanguard, since they just pull you in, pop the shield and then pop your tank.
    4) Very effective against air... wtf?

So, I'm pretty sure most Prowler drivers would rather have either Enforcer or Saron on their tanks. I sure would. A longer ranged, effective secondary would be better for the way that MBTs have to be played in this game, and the effectiveness against air is not big enough to make up for the drawbacks. Then again, the Vulcan still seems to be the best option for the Prowler by far. The other weapons are mostly just ornaments :(
    • Up x 9
  4. Ghodere

No one really cares about the effectiveness of the Vulcan against air because good pilots get around it and kill you anyhow. So just nerf that into the ground and give the Vulcan some decent AV dominance in its effective range and you suddenly have an AV weapon worth picking up for AV work.
    • Up x 1
  5. KAHR-Alpha

As long as it gets the CoF of a kobalt, I'm fine with it requiring two whole clips to destroy a single ESF.
  6. Maverick556

Just tried it...

12-13 seconds to blow up a lightning with a vulcan
    14-15 second to blow up a lightning with an enforcer

Somebody still says it needs to be Buffed?

You guys are a bunch of idiotic kids...
  7. malden

Vulcan is not on the saron and enforcers level, it does need a buff vs ground based targets.

Air is another matter esfs need a damage modifier against it. Not a lot less damage still enough to make LOLpodders go, "**** that".

Enforcer is still the best secondary in the game. 10 shot no COF and no recoil you just keep mouse on target and hold down fire.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ghodere

A Vulcan will do that at 50m, yes. An Enforcer will do that at 500m.
    • Up x 5
  9. Maverick556

Bullet is not light speed, people move...so don't see the point....
    and the important part of a fight it ALWAYS the close distance cause that 1 dmg more makes the difference...this doesn't happen at longer ranges cause:

Soldiers can avoid snipers and heal themselves behind rocks
    Tanks can retreat behind a rock and repair while engaging at 500+ m
  10. Ghodere

Engaging enemy armor at close range is akin to signing your own death warrant- not because of the armor itself, so much, as the enemy infantry that will inevitably be armed to the teeth with AV and scattered in cover surrounding that juicy tank, ready to pop you in the tailpipe. For a while, before the HEAT/AP buff and Vulcan damage falloff adjustment (GU02, was it?) the Prowler with a Vulcan was THE knife-fighting tank to the point where you could nearly (or could) take on two 2/2 Mags one after another.

And you know what?

It was universally considered garbage outside of gimmick suicide runs, because close-ranged dominance on a tank is not the same as close-ranged dominance on infantry. If you want the Vulcan to be a worthwhile AV weapon, it must either have an effective range comparable to the other secondaries, or have a clear and effective edge in its smaller effective range.
    • Up x 2
  11. Weirdkitten

Got changed in the latest patch, it's 1k for the enforcer too now.
  12. Accuser

Saron / Enforcer are better against infantry, Vulcan is better against aircraft.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Joram

Semiauto, small splash radius, recoil and a huge cof so you cant rapid fire at medium/long range.
  14. ObsidianRus

If you got shot down by a vulcan while in esf you deserved it. It's near to impossible outside 100m or at medium to fast moving targets (esf cruising speed ~ 200-240 AB > 300; vulcan projectile speed - 300. Go ahead, shoot.), not to mention the elevation angle, very high bullet drop and the maneuvers. Practice flying a bit and awareness alot. And this problem should go away.
    Made my day. You should try it on a regular basis.
  15. Torok

meh somehow it's a dumb thread, because you can't only compare a secondary, a Vanguard Heat/AP shell will onehit the ESF, while the Prowled doesn't.

the vulcan is good aye at bursting an incoming podder but anyway, not worth a thread for this issue against ESF
    • Up x 1
  16. Thrustin

I use the vulcan on the harasser almost exclusively, and let me tell you, I get blown to pieces by any half competent pilot. Liberators hover above my angle, ESF's attack me from above so I can't shoot at them. In addition, the bullet speed of the vulcan is terrible.

Vulcan can kill Armor and Air well at close range, enforcer/saron can kill Infantry and Armor well at long and close range. I'd say it's a good trade off.
  17. TeknoBug

You just described the Proton PPA II, not the Saron HRB.
  18. KanoHe

Well, considering ESF needs 4 clips of Rotary or 3 Clips of rocketpods to kill haraser ... And mind you, you cant actually hit such a mobile target as Harraser without missing ... Even if you are on the move it's much more easier to shut down ESF with Vulcan Than Harraser with Rotary anyway ...
    Vulcan is better now than Liberators Prenerfed Tank Buster ... And this b*tch was seriously broken vs Armor and still wreck ESF's like paper...

Anyway, Vulcan Harraser is better than Burster Max now in terms of TTK <200m and this isn't right...
    • Up x 1
  19. Kingwi11y

to be dead in 2.2 seconds to a vulcan, you would have to be:
    1) too low
    2) too close
    3) moving slowly
    - in other words you are lolpodding so stop it - it is your own fault - a tank shell or decimator will also kill you

this is clear evidence that you have not used a vulcan against infantry

the weapons work completely differently - the enforcer has massive advantages over the vulcan in other areas - such as long range sniping
    but anyway - if you are getting killed in your esf by a weapon not designed for the job, you are doing it wrong
  20. Kingwi11y

a
    at what ranges?