[BUG] Vulcan vs Enforcer: 2.2 and 5.05 Seconds to kill ESF

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maverick556, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Maverick556

The Vulcan of Terran Republic is able to shoot down an ESF in 2.2 seconds with 25-27 shots (-50% of a clip)
    A weapon good all around, able to take down tanks, ESFs, liberators, infantry

The Enforcer of NC is able to shoot down an ESF in 5.05 with 6-7 shots (60-70% of a clip)
    A weapon good only against tanks, a bit less against infantry (after the new patch)

Now it's your turn guys! Use your imagination!
    • Up x 1
  2. csp0811

Saron HRB is an automatic sniper rifle that has large splash radius.
    Vulcan isn't that accurate but it shoots fast.

I say just buff the Enforcer and we should be good.
  3. SgtBreastroker

Saron does not have a large splash radius.
  4. csp0811

I consider large splash radius to be where the inner damage radius is larger than the inner damage radius for the Halberd.
    Which the Saron definitely has. Also it does much more splash damage in the radius than the Halberd does, in addition to being a faster projectile and an automatic weapon.
    • Up x 1
  5. Maverick556

Saron and Enforcer are at the same level...but there is a huge jump between Saron and Enforcer and Vulcan....
  6. AnotherNoob

Good against infantry? yea right...
    • Up x 11
  7. KanoHe

First of All Saron is'nt Automatic - it's Semi.
    Secondly it have 2 meter splash wich deals 350 inner blast DMG and ~ 50 Outer DMG...
    Thirdly - you cant actually Spam it because of horrendous COF it have after 1-2 shots...

Enforcer is Automatic ... Have more DMG per Mag , more Alpha DMG... blah blah ...

Enforcer and Saron are Balanced between each over ( only price isn't balanced 250 > 1000 respectevely)

Vulcan is OP agains AIR, especially on Harraser ... that is all ...
  8. Rhiaci

Saron and enforcer are nowhere near at the same level. After GU11 the Enforcer is hands down superior to the Saron in every way but very close range.
    • Up x 5
  9. Maverick556

We shoot a round and we need an other one to finish the soldier, and by the time the enforcer is ready to hit again, that soldier runs off... you have a weapon able to farm infantry cause you shoot repeatedly, so you can lead your fire and the enemy has, lets say, no chance...
  10. Kalen Vox

Speaking as a Vanguard driver, the enforcer is fine at the moment. I might go so far as to say it's better than the vulcan at killing infantry and tanks since it one-shots infantry and hits tanks at long range.

The Vulcan is also fine at the moment in my view. Its huge DPS against air is just a quirk of the weapon which it pays for with its low effective range and low accuracy. It needs to keep its high DPS or it would be a short-range, inaccurate, low damage weapon (worse than our C85 modified enforcer which no-one uses already)

Similarly, our T150 AP or HEAT cannons one-shot ESFs. The prowler needs to land two shots of its pitiful Terran 120mm ;)
    • Up x 3
  11. Maverick556

Price is 1000 for both... welcome to the NC friend.
  12. Maverick556

If you want an Anti-Air weapon you take an Anti-Air weapon, not a Vulcan...a terran republic soldier has no compromise..

Typical NC soldier: what should I go for? Tanks? All right I take enforcer..but wait? if an enemy airplane attacks me i'm screwed...

Typical TR soldier: what should I go for? Tanks? Yeah why not I can choose the Vulcan...I can **** up enemy tanks and when a reaver approaches to my *** I blow him up in 2 second with my turret....do I have a compromise? no, of course! and my gun can do more damage then the vanguard cause i double shoot him :D

Wasn't it supposed to be Air-to-Ground Pods > Tanks? Never seen in war a tanker blowing up an airplane, that's why ground-to-air weapons are there...it's like seeing the rat eating the cat...totally nonsense?
    I'm just saying that the vulcan is a weapon good all around and has not compromise to cchoose, while everybody does on this game on the other factions...
    Same thing with the striker....no compromise...you don't expose yourself...fire and forget to all you see.
    • Up x 1
  13. G3arfried

Vulcan is not fine lol. Its by far the fastest esf killing gun out there. I hadnt seen the new vulcan until 5 mins ago and i can tell you its not balanced lol. I was lolpoding a harraser which had the vulcan and i wasnt hover spamming either but still got molested by the vulcan pretty damn fast.
    • Up x 1
  14. DuckSauce

The TR Vulcan can make 60 pretty bullet holes in a wall in just a couple seconds, where the Enforcer can only make a handful of ugly scorch marks in a much longer time frame.

See? I can point out irrelevant imbalances in vehicle weapons too.

Or, while we're on the topic:
    P2-120 HEAT/AP TTK against ESF: 0.5 seconds
    Titan-150 HEAT/AP TTK against ESF: 0.0 seconds

Vanguard advantage: (0.5 - 0.0 ) / 0.0 = NaN
    • Up x 5
  15. Slandebande

Yes in the situations the Vulcan are good at, it's very good.. In the others, it really falls behind.. It really is a tradeoff with a weapon like that, and most people wouldn't mind for it to have a more balanced role on the battlefield.. Guess that doesn't include SoE
  16. Tulmas

If you factor in the fact that a vanguard can go invincible for 8 sec lets see here.... Math. Math.

8sec - 5.05sec = 2.95 sec left for you to jump out of your tank and do "squats" over the pilots body.

Vulcan still needs a COF buff to come in line with the other ES secondaries.

Either that or there needs to be damage fall off on the other two.
  17. The King

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about...
    Besides, the Enforcer is better than the Saron..
    And don't talk about "sniping" other tanks, the damage is so tiny. Easy to move away from and not die...
  18. Maverick556

Now I understand why people like you ruined this game

Vulcan needs a buff? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[IMG]

Pathetic...
  19. G3arfried

Do you want to get shot?
    The vulcan is OP atm against air. Sure it sucks balls at AI but that dosent mean air should suffer because of this thing.
    • Up x 2
  20. Snib

Nerf the Vanguard, it's so OP you cannot even calculate it! :eek:

(just kidding of course but I'm sure someone will bite)