Vulcan in a good place on PTS right now

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by asdfPanda, Aug 26, 2014.

1. asdfPanda

I don't know if it changed from live, but it feels like the Vulcan recieved a damage dropoff buff on the test server, and also has a new reticule. It is a step forward at least. It still may need a cone of fire buff. My only worry is that it will be OP against harassers. The Vulcan still unfortunately does not fit the Prowler's deploy playstyle, but there isn't really anything to be done about that.
  2. Pikachu

3. BobSanders123

They are actually just completely reworking it into a tank mounted banshee.
  4. minhalexus

They will make Vulcan like a Banshee and the Marauder like Fractures.
  5. asdfPanda

Welp, looks like it was just the reticule then.
  6. LibertyRevolution

The banshee is an AI nosegun, why would they make the AV vulcan into an AI weapon??
    The marauder is already vehicle mounted pounders, why would they change that to fractures for AI secondary??
  7. Maljas23

Its being done because the Vulcan has largely been useless at AV due to how hard it is to balance as an AV weapon. Its either been OP or UP. Marauder is not that effective against vehicles, so no, it really isn't like the Pounder currently. Also, I personally would rather have a Fracture secondary on my tank.

*edit*
    Just to clarify, the Vulcan is being turned into an AI weapon LIKE the Banshee, and the Marauder is being turned into an AV weapon LIKE the Fracture.
  8. DatVanuMan

The devs have decided to switch the roles of each. The Vulcan will now be AI, while the Marauder will become AV.
  9. LibertyRevolution

Seriously, 1.5 years into the game they are going to switch the roles of ES secondary weapons??
    So.. cert /SC refund time? Since they are completely changing the roles of the weapons we bought..

I got my vulcan with my AP main cannon in the MBT AV bundle.. That is some total bullsht if they make it into AI.

I have about had it with the DEVs and their constant changes in this game.
    I used to play this for 6 hours a day, now I can barely stand to play 30mins to get my ribbons..

Hit detection is crap, dying behind cover is crap, kill trading with lagging players is crap..
    How about you DEVs fix the F'ing shooter part this shooter before I go buy BF4...
    • Up x 1
  10. DatVanuMan

Sorry, they didn't say whether they'd refund:(
    The changes the devs make are nice in my opinion; I simply would like them to be SERIOUSLY tested for a full month and then implemented. For example, if they improved coding, every new patch would not introduce a new performance problem that everyone is currently suffering from. They must work on the technical aspect first, and then the game play aspect (Preferably making each faction more unique:p) second.
  11. LibertyRevolution

I'm just venting man.. change.. hate.. change..
    Game is broken at its core right now, the shooter part is falling on its face when the servers are under load..
    When I spend more time yelling at my screen about how that guy should be dead, than I spend enjoying the game, there is a problem.
    Right now the game feels like it takes half a mag to kill someone, and it takes them 3 bullets to kill you...
    I just want them to fix my game so I can go back to enjoying it..

Instead they are doing crap like switching the roles of ES secondaries..

Want to fix Vulcan? Lower COF by a crapton giving it more range, and decrease damage by a crapton making it not a death beam.
    Want to fix marauder? Increase velocity (reduce drop and lead), decrease splash area, decrease damage.
    Rocket science right?
    • Up x 1
  12. commandoFi

Yeah! Just like when they totally changed the Saron and the Enforcer! Oh wait...

In all seriousness I think the Vulcan will be replaced by the AV Fracture weapon and the Maurader replaced with the AI Banshee weapon.
  13. NoctD

Is this confirmed? Might be time to unlock the Marauder then, before they switch up cert/SC costs on that thing.
  14. Maljas23

15. NoctD

In any case, it looks like the Vulcan version on PTS currently is like an AV MCG. Its gotten the MCG's COF behavior.
  16. LibertyRevolution

No.. they left both of those as AV..
    They want to swap the roles of the TR ES secondaries..

It be like making the Enforcer Modified (canister) into your AV weapon, and made Enforcer into your AI.
    Or like making PPA into an AV weapon, and making Saron into AI weapon..

If they wanted to make the vulcan shoot fracture rounds, and have marauder shoot banshee rounds, I would not be complaining at all.
    Having vulcan shoot banshee, and marauder shoot fracture, means everyone needs the opposite weapons to perform the same role.
  17. DatVanuMan

For a person who doesn't enjoy the game a lot right now and is "venting", those fixes are OVERLY smart...
  18. DatVanuMan

Refunds were not mentioned, so who knows? They might refund because of the change. And yes, Higby said they'll be switching roles:) So, SAVE UP, Terran!
  19. minhalexus

If cert price is what worries you, I think they will still keep the AI at 250 certs, and AV at 1000 certs.

I think you get the wrong idea.

Vulcan will be changed into a Banshee and will then be the AI gun.
    Marauder will be changed into something like a Fracture and then be the AV gun.

We won't have the Banshee as an AV gun or the Fracture as the AI gun.
  20. NoctD

Oh heck I'm usually sitting on close to 10k in certs these days anyways. Still sore over the Halberd cost increases myself.
    • Up x 1