[VS] Xen of Onslaught

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Dullard, Dec 6, 2012.

1. ({x})Kyoji

Bugger. I hate 3rd shift so much.

I saw PhoenixDog back the other day. He needs to buy himself a better computer already. lol
  2. Daibar

today i had the pleasure of being rank #14 on the server.

first time i've been that high. had a good day
  3. imb0r3d

Funny advertisement TO.
  4. ({x})Kyoji

Heading off to work with a hangover. Ugh.
  5. Paramecium

planetside hangover
  6. ({x})Kyoji

Yeah 3rd shift sucks, but what can you do.
  7. Paramecium

take a computer to work.
  8. KiloWhiskey82

I'm in BJTC right now (Black Jack Torture Club) but several of our members are disgruntled at the moment. Our outfit has slowly started to lose active players for the assorted reasons that MMO's tend to lose players for, but there are about ten or so nightly players that are getting pretty tired of not being able to run any OPS. There is another senior member and myself that have started looking for potential homes for our current members to relocate to. We would like to stay together and hopefully fold into another outfit.

I understand that we would be new to that outfit, but all the players that are relocating have played this game for a pretty good while and range from level 40 to level 90. What would your policy be toward somebody in our situation and would we all have to start back over as the lowest of the low in your outfit, if you are even interested? Let me know so I can talk it over with the other guys and find us a new home so we can get back to what we do best.... Murder TR and NC of course!! My character name is KiloWhiskey and the other guy looking is named Qlasher. Take care and look forward to hearing from you guys soon.
  9. Total_Overkill

Always a sad state of affairs when that happens, clan break downs have killed so many good games for me...

Xoobie, 1 week trial period. After which your in or your out.
    Member, Gained after trial period
    Officer/Squadleader, Those who show interest, intelligence, and capability to squadlead can get promoted on a whim.

Thats it, everyones pretty much equal.
    • Up x 1
  10. Shanther

Like TO said, everyone is pretty much equal. Don't be disgruntled by the trial period its more to see if the person(s) are going to stick around. If you are already playing actively (sounds like it) it's nothing more then a formality. Personally I think it would be cool to have you guys around.
  11. Paramecium

Echoing what the others have said, we aren't going to clip anyone's wings. You want to come in and show us how to squad lead you are welcome to take the helm during our open play times. You'll find a group of proficient players ready to follow a leader. Do it for a month and you'll be hosting your own events. There is a 1 week trial with restricted forum and teamspeak access, but it's really just to make it easier on getting rid of people that are just coming for a taste and not for the whole meal and to filter out the obvious asshats.

Sad to hear BJTC is having problems, I like working with them in Vanu Alliance. We Vanu gotta stick together!
  12. Loco

Can I has a try? Any of you guys online?

I tried BJTC a while back, If I am not mistaken they were mostly an armor outfit which was what turned me off. I sometimes ended up being the only person on point with 30 tanks idling around the building (back when 6 person on point made it cap faster). Oh and I would be out of ammo, cause I ended up killing half a dozen solo, not one engineer came out to drop some.

I had better luck with BOG, a lot more infantry based there, though I think they had a shortage of people willing to roll medic and the leadership didn't seem as open minded to new tactics.

Things might have changed, took a break after Jaegar went away.
  13. Paramecium

Fastest way to get started is by filling out the app. http://www.xoohq.com/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=38

That'll get the ball rolling and you can see if we fit your playstyle. Hope to see you soon!
  14. imb0r3d

Currently we're running OPS 3 times a week minimum.

Main Ops:
    Tuesdays 7pm - 11pm (Serious play geared toward open squad recruitment)
    Wednesdays 9:30pm - 12am approx (Serious play)
    Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm (or possibly longer) (Serious play)

Side Ops: (not guaranteed)
    Sundays 3pm - 7pm
    Fridays: 8pm to 12am

On our "off" times we do still try playing seriously.

Now, when I say serious I mean several things:
    1. Coordination
    2. Teamwork
    3. Battle-Comms on TS

I'll detail it below:

Coordination: Everyone is expected to follow orders without question; however we do take suggestions into consideration (like if someone notices a better hex to go to).

Teamwork: Everyone is expected to be a team player. We use a buddy system where players like Engies stick with their MAX to repair and drop ammo. Likewise, if you see that someone is in need of something like an ammo pack or repair, you do what you can to help out. It's not about personal kill streaks - it's about doing your part for the team and that goes for everyone regardless of status.

Everyone is expected to keep comms to a minimum. That means no "Oh my god that guy shot me around a corner" or "Damn it I missed my shot" - we do our best to avoid unimportant communication. Rather, we call out targets or objectives and keep the bragging or jokes for when we're in our Sundy or Galaxy riding toward the next objective.

We have members on just about every night, but you can expect the REAL XoO to come out at those times especially.
  15. DaMann22

Enjoy playing with these guys and will do so more in the future. Contact me Dull if you guys are interested in some interoutfit ops.
  16. Paramecium

Great outfit assault tonight. Our team just keeps getting stronger! Join today!
  17. DeltaGun

hey guys I just learned that if I post here the thread goes to the top of the page
  18. KiddParK

Great bunch of guys... I miss Dullard, Mirr and Fear the Amish but the legacy of tactics and friendly forward thinking leadership I'm sure remain. One of the founders of the VA!

speaking of which, DaMann (commander Dawn) and myself are looking to have a Vanu Alliance meeting and get the mumble back up and steady use again if possible. Who would be a good contact to serve as VA Liaison for Xen.

all my best.

kp / Sents
  19. Timb0R

I run www.mumbleserverhost.com and I will donate a mumble or teamspeak 3 server to the VA if one is needed...I have a few lying around ;)
  20. Daibar

nice of you man, truely :)

I stepped down as CO, Contact imb0r3d or Chrisbeebops for further contact.

last time i checked, this was the case for XoO, we went from #6 worldwide for outfits of similar size to being #1 over a period of 3 months, statwise.

[IMG]

that's on all servers.

if you like ideas that are outside the box, then Xoo might be the place for you.

apply at www.xoohq.com/ps and find more information on the application form.
    • Up x 1